The Survivors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niranjanam

IMHO it all depend upon our approach to trading and our expectations.When I quit my job and started trading, my aim was just to make what I earned from my day job.I was more attracted by the "Freedom" this profession provided.

I will definitely strive to better my performance and excel in this endeavor.But rather than aiming to buy a private jet, I would like to make a reasonable amount of money consistently within a week of trading and wander the remaining three weeks through the hills, jungles and plains of Incredible India.

I posted my dream three years back and I am glad I am very near to achieving it.

Niranjanam

Tlahuicole

I am learning flow methods, it is really interesting to learn Thanks a lot Saint for crating it and healthraj for posting.

I was looking for a relaxed way of trading and flow it is. But what is level 1 and 2, for me level 1 looks simple enough so am going to follow level1 flow, already backtesting over :D. May be my mind can only pass through level 1 I guess :(

Thanks both again :D

Wow!!! It was "State of the ART" back then !!! Thanks to this kind of threads, it still is a "State of Art";

Saint Sir, this is my first post on this thread!!! I am so very glad to see you start a new thread. When I read past threads, it was like reading a book but to interact with the person who started the thread, it is just too wonderful!!!!

Can we do this every morning before starting our Trading ?

Self Talk for Traders...

* I have a trading plan today.

* I am ready for both loss and profit.

* I will not put myself down if I make a loss.

* I will not feel emotional if I make profit.

* As GOD is busy with other novice traders, I will not disturb him again and again.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

* I will exit the market when I have made my profit, I will not stay more as I am not greedy.

* I am not going to blame anybody for losses.

* I am going to appreciate the person who was the reason for the profit.

* I will treat trading as a job, and will dedicate discipline to my job.

* I will not trade on hunches.

Feel free to add more points.
Source:- Friends like you, Thanks
Wonderful!!! Somewhere I had read that affirmations must be worded in such a way that they do not have "not".

Scars of life

Some years ago on a hot summer day, a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming well behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door, leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went. He flew into the water, not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the shore.

His mother – in the house, looking out the window — saw the two as they got closer and closer together. In utter fear, she ran toward the water, yelling to her son as loudly as she could. Hearing her voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his mother. It was too late. Just as he reached her, the alligator reached him. From the dock, the mother grabbed her little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. That began an incredible tug-of-war between the two.

The alligator was much stronger than the mother, but the mother was much too passionate to let go. A farmer happened to drive by, heard her screams, raced from his truck, took aim and shot the alligator. Remarkably, after weeks and weeks in the hospital, the little boy survived. His legs were extremely scarred by the vicious attack of the animal, and on his arms were deep scratches where his mother’s fingernails dug into his flesh in her effort to hang on to the son she loved.

The newspaper reporter, who interviewed the boy after the trauma, asked if he would show him his scars. The boy lifted his pant legs. And then, with obvious pride, he said to the reporter, “But look at my arms. I have great scars on my arms, too. I have them because my mom wouldn’t let go.”

We have scars, too. No, not from an alligator, or anything quite so dramatic. But the scars of a painful past. Some of those scars are unsightly and have caused us deep regret. But some wounds are there because God has refused to let go. In the midst of struggle, He’s been there holding on to you. He wants to protect you and provide for you in every way. But sometimes we foolishly wade into dangerous situations. The swimming well of life is filled with peril — and we forget that the enemy is waiting to attack. That’s when the tug-o-war begins — and if you have the scars of His love on your arms, be very, very grateful. He did not — and will not — let you go.
Nominate this as the best post ever.... Gonna copy it all over the place !!!

I fear that I don't want to join the bandwagon of people who keep searching for the holy grail. :? I have been successful in FA but everywhere I read there are just discouragements towards TA. I don't know what to do! In FA I have something real that I can hold on to. I am a value investor.

I buy stocks looking like dying flowers, then magically the flowers rise up again just like my stocks. Its all miraculous.

In TA I see everyone following the price, I get left behind as I am the guy who hides behind balance sheets, P&L statements. I dont know what this chart business is! But I want to learn! I have a library shelf full of FA books security analysis being on my desk at all times.

In TA i see on the internet that everyone is either looking for the holy grail or selling it. It is very confusing as to what works and what doesn't.

I am taking it as a gambling approach, learning money management first and then pattern trading. What are everybody's thoughts on this?
Too late!!! :p:p:p:p You've ventured too close to the epicenter!! :D:D:D:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.