Teach A Man To Fish And.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Saint
Today I tried to trade from your yesterday's teaching.Actually I have read about this pivot method before but after seeing the charts posted by you It get more cleared in my mind.I am posting the 5 min Nifty chart with actual trades taken today.
Waiting for your inputs.

Thanks,
Ankit

beethoven

Dear Saint,
I have just finished reading this fantastic thread and also am trying out your pivot method. I was searching for a trading method which was mechanical and devoid of ambiguity. Your method meets both these criteria admirably.

I thank you with all my heart for teaching novices like us and God Bless you.

I have noticed in all your charts you have moving average lines. I am curious to know what moving averages you are using???

Thanks again

milkyblack

lol.......you don't need all this,MB.....You no more in Grade 1

Saint
Sorry to read this post after such a gap!
C'mon Saint I always need to learn from you ! I will always consider myself to be in grade I as that is the time when a person is the most diciplined :)

Again apologise for responding to this post after such a long time !

Regards

Last lesson doesn't fit into my mind sir. Can you please elaborate in simple words plz ?

EDIT: Is it that that If a chart formed double top , we should not immediately take short position rather wait for the LPH and LPL to short ?

Ankit
Hi Ankit,

Following Double Top pattern per se.......yes, short once the troughs are cracked.

But we get to know and enter quite a bit earlier thanx to a l'il knowledge of pivots......

Saint

Hi Saint
Today I tried to trade from your yesterday's teaching.Actually I have read about this pivot method before but after seeing the charts posted by you It get more cleared in my mind.I am posting the 5 min Nifty chart with actual trades taken today.
Waiting for your inputs.

Thanks,
Ankit
Ankit,

Are you trading the 1or 2min charts with a look at the 5,.......then correct.If trading the 5min chart,.........not exactly.Although very happy to know you made some neat profits.

Well done.......Shall post the 5min chart of yesterday,today......tweak it to your comfort levels.

Saint

Dear Saint,
I have just finished reading this fantastic thread and also am trying out your pivot method. I was searching for a trading method which was mechanical and devoid of ambiguity. Your method meets both these criteria admirably.

I thank you with all my heart for teaching novices like us and God Bless you.

I have noticed in all your charts you have moving average lines. I am curious to know what moving averages you are using???

Thanks again
Hi Beethoven,

The 15 and 30ema .....just a habit,I guess!Basically I don't take trades,exits or whatever using the mov avg.

Saint

Prabhjeet

Saint, I have some doubts regarding this chart, can you please clear some doubts.

1. The entry that has been shown by red line is it based on 2 bars back stop coz I dont see any pivot there , as far as I can understand the valid pivot was a bit below at around 3700

2. Do we need to close our trades at 3.25pm and not wait for confirmatory break of two bars back

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.