Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

If You Mean The Crossover Part, My System Is Based On Crossover, But I Post The Triggers On Confirmation Of The Crossover, Not Exactly At The Point Of Crossover.

Incidentally I Haven't Yet Got A SELL Trigger For Any Of Them
& BUY Triggers Were Triggered As Follows:

1) NAGARFERT - Buy Triggered On 29/03/2009 @ 17.25
2) VIJAYABANK - Buy Triggered On 08/04/2009 @ 26.25
3) YESBANK - Buy Triggered On 02/04/2009 @ 53.75

RPOWER - Had Triggered Buy In My Other System Of 20/50 Crossover & The Same Which I Post Separately As 'For Short Term Investor' With Price Target Is Also Posted Somewhere In This Thread I Think It Had Triggered On 02/04/2009 For 06/04/2009.

So Crossover Can't Be A Problem, Now Let's See There Probably Could Be A Hitch With BB, Since I Don't Use Ami, MS Or Anyother Can't Check The AFL Or Backtest It On My System.

BB Requires Some Getting Used To Because Just Tagging The Upper Or Lower Band Doesn't Mean SELL Or BUY Respectively & While The Price Will Converge To The Median From Either End, It Is Not Always The Case, Which I Have Mentioned To DJ, Cause Tagging The Upper BB Can Retrace A Bit For An Expansion Breakout & Breakdown In Case Of Lower BB, Ofcourse The Trend Of The Broader Market Has To Be Kept In Mind For Final Analysis.

This Has Been Mentioned In My Post To DJ, While BB Is Not Part Of My BUYHOLD System, It Was Brought Up By Me For Its Usefulness In Intraday & Alertness For Those Who Have The Stock In Their Portfolio.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Anyone backtesting this system/afl. Gave 4 trades yesterday on EOD.

NAGARFERT,RPOWER,VIJAYABANK,YESBANK FOUR SELL CALLS..

where all the four trades failed.. :(

Is there any time frame to check with that afl? If anyone tracking the system just throw your views..

Regards,

izzner

RNRL can be hold for 65. Once breaking 65 it may go to 75 - 85 in near term. Daily charts having triple top formation around 65 level..
Since u mentioned "triple Top" doesnt it mean that the stock will go DOWN now!...:confused:
So how can u expect it to break the resistance of 65 and move to 75...:confused:

docvijay4u

Re: Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On 24th Apr 2009

There Is Always Something Which I Miss.:D

Thanks.

Vicky,

I Have Mentioned This Before You Have To Have A List Of Fundamentally Good Companies To Scan For, NOT Everything That Is Listed.

Therefore, If You Can Filter Those, Better For Your Mental Health & Wealth.

I Have No More Than 192 Companies That I Scan For, Don't Really Care About Others Whether They Are BUY Or Not.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

SavantGarde

Balram,

You Asked About Stock Operators

There Are Varied Reasons For Their Existence, Infact If One Has A Wider View, Then MFs, FIIs, HNIs, Insurance Companies & Big Big Brokers They Are All Stock, Sector Operators Or Index Managers To Some Extent For Sheer Power Of Liquidity That They Possess.

Small Operators Are Those Who Identify An Illiquid Company & Do It For Quick Gains If They Have Money Of Their Own Or In Collusion With People Willing To Finance Them For A Share Of The Booty, Then There Are Companies Who Want Their Stock Price To Rise Many Folds For Whatever Reasons They May Have, Find A Stock Operator To Do The Needful.

To Explain How The Small Operator Does It, I Will Attempt To Recreate In Its Simplest Form So That Basic Operation Is Understood.

Lets Say A Stock Whose Current Price Has Been Languishing For Years Between Rs.8-10 And Average Traded Volume Is Barely 5000 Shares Per Day Is Identified By A Stock Operator Who Then Accumulates Or Gets It From Company Itself (If In Collusion With The Company) Say About 1 Lac Shares.

So Now We Have A Situation Where A Stock Operator Who Has Idenified A Company & Has Gone On To The Next Stage Of Accumulating 1 Lac Shares To Start With.

Assume Stock Operator Mr.A Who Has A Brother Or Friend Assume As Mr.B
Mr.A Has A Demat & Trading Account With A Broker 'X' & Similarly Mr.B Has His Account With Broker 'Y'

So Mr.A Who Has The 1 Lac. Shares With Understanding With Mr.B Start The Actual Trading, Lets Say The Price Is Rs.10 & Upper Circuit Is Of 20%

Mr.A Starts By Putting Up Some Quantity To Sell @ Rs.10.30 & Mr.B Buys It
This Goes On Till Mr.A Has Sold All His 1 Lac Quantity, Now For Those Scanning For Volume & Price Find That This Particular Stocks Average Volume & Price Both Have Jumped, As A Result It Comes Under The Radar Of People Scanning For Above Average Volume & Price Gain Over A Short Period, Then Through Friends & Forums Such As This & Hundreds Of Others Including SMS Services & Etc., Small Unsuspecting Investors Falling Over Over One Another To Buy The Stock, Where The Target Has Been Given As Rs.100 In A Very Short Period,

As This Word Of Mouth & Forum Posts Spread Sometimes Even On The TV Channels Under The Garb Of Above Average Volume Gainers & Etc.

So Now Back To The Point Where Mr.A Has Sold All His 1 Lac Quantity, Who Then Calls Up Mr.B To Find Out How Many Did He End Up Buying, Mr.B Says He Got 95000 Shares Therefore Somebody Else Has Picked Up 5000 Balance Shares, Now The Last Trade Price Was 11.90 So Already An Increase Of 19& This Goes On & On Till Mr.A & Mr.B Have Very Few Shares Between Themselves & The Price Has Already Reached Rs.65.00 & The Activity In This Share Has Reached Fever Pitch.

Considering There Are Only Few Shares Left Between Mr.A & Mr.B, They Decide To Stop Trading For Sometime, Suddenly Decreased Activity & Drying Up Of Volumes Followed By Many Many Lower Circuits, Greedy Investors Who Thought Of Selling The Stock @ The Target Price Of Rs.100 Are Now Left High & Dry & In Panic.

During This The Stock Drops To Rs.18.00 From Rs.65.00, During This Panic Mr.A & Mr.B Have Started Accumulating Them Back Say From Rs.25.00 Downwards, Once They Have Accumulated Enough The Same Process As Described Above Follows Maybe This Time Going Upto Rs.78 Before Volumes & Trading Activity Drying Up.

Illustration Above Is A Simplest Form Of Explaining How It Is Done, In Reality It Spans Over Many Different States Of Our Country With Many Many Entities Involved In The Process.

Hope You Got The Basic Funda Of How It Is Done.

Happy & Safe Trading

SavantGarde

Savant sir ,

In previous post I have not commented your system. I have commeted on djsinha coded afl. Just I tried it on yesterday's EOD (24/04/07) It scan and produce those results. So asked for people who are trying that.

Regards,

Since u mentioned "triple Top" doesnt it mean that the stock will go DOWN now!...:confused:
So how can u expect it to break the resistance of 65 and move to 75...:confused:
You asked for recomm, So I answered and also its now trading below 65 range so another 6 - 10 rupees is good move in that stock. If you are not sure wait for the 65 break until that don't trade...

Regards,

Balram,

You Asked About Stock Operators......

Hope You Got The Basic Funda Of How It Is Done.

Happy & Safe Trading

SavantGarde
Simple and easy to understand!:)

Do you mind commenting on two stocks? Karuturi Global and Gabriel? Both are low priced.... Do you know / feel whether they are operator-driven?

BTW, waiting eagerly for your list of decent stocks.

SavantGarde

Hi Vasa,

GABRIEL - Never Really Noticed, Therefore Unable To Comment.

KARUTURI - While The Company People Are Very Interested In The Price Going Up, They Do Manage It When The Market Is Going Up, Good Political Connections, Probably Also In Related I Suspect & Some Months Back A Very Popular Foreign Fund Had Picked Up Stake, Apart From All That, I Haven't Kept Much Track Of It In Recent Months.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Simple and easy to understand!:)

Do you mind commenting on two stocks? Karuturi Global and Gabriel? Both are low priced.... Do you know / feel whether they are operator-driven?

BTW, waiting eagerly for your list of decent stocks.

hi to all ,
thanks for all this ,
sir i am intraday trader and i am using indiabulls .
i am using 5 6 sma on it with 1 min graph but result are not good some day profit another day loss.
plz give your advice on this matter
1. time frame of graph its 1 min ,2 min or other
2. time of first trade (after opening market)

hi to all ,
thanks for all this ,
sir i am intraday trader and i am using indiabulls .
i am using 5 6 sma on it with 1 min graph but result are not good some day profit another day loss.
plz give your advice on this matter
1. time frame of graph its 1 min ,2 min or other
2. time of first trade (after opening market)
hi rohit;
some time back savant sir adviced 4/5 MA cross over for intra day.
as TO tf. ; i see in the other thread started by docvijay - prasaadam successfully day trading wth 15mt. charts &4/5 MA cross over. chk. that thread out & u will hve a better understanding of what i am talking about.
Rgds.

Status
Not open for further replies.