Sridhar's Trading Dairy

sridhga

Today went long on BEL 2 lots, Short on Elxsi 1 lot.

Product___Instrument____P&L
BO___BEL18AUGFUT_________ + 6682.5
BO___TATAELXSI18AUGFUT___ + 3200
Balance_________________________ + 9882.5
Trans Chgs for 3 Lots____________ - 675
Balance__________________________ + 9207.5

sridhga

Trade ID________Fill time_____________Type______Instrument______Product______Qty.______Avg. Price
62614218_______11:31 AM______SELL______BEL18AUGFUT____________BO______4950______119.15
25184110_______11:13AM______BUY______TATAELXSI18AUGFUT______BO______800______1430
62597155_______10:51 AM______BUY______BEL18AUGFUT_____________BO______4950______118.8
25102519_______10:06AM______SELL______TATAELXSI18AUGFUT______BO______800______1434
62533983_______09:32 AM______SELL______BEL18AUGFUT_____________BO______4950______118.95
62500622_______09:15 AM______BUY______BEL18AUGFUT______________BO______4950______117.95

sridhga

BEL: Today markets are mixed. BEL yesterday crossed 120 on heavy buying of more than 500K shares withing 3 minutes. But it has also rapidly fallen below 120 later. Will it cross 120? May be. Will it close above 120? Very difficult to say. Today global markets are mixed. Let us wait and watch.

Last edited:

sridhga

Elxsi: Dollar marginally appreciated against rupee. Yesterday at the end of day Elxsi moved swiftly up. Some up-move is definitely possible. Will try to short for a pullback today.

sridhga

Today, I made several mistakes in my trading and ran into big losses.

Product____Instrument_________P&L
BO____BEL18AUGFUT__________-3217.5
BO____TATAELXSI18AUGFUT____-8280
Trans Chgs 3 Lots__________________-675
Balance__________________________-12172.5

All were long positions.

I was silly.
1. I indicated that I would short Elxsi. But, I changed my position because USD marginally increased.
2. I earlier stated that I would wait for the pattern to emerge in BEL. But I jumped into the trade quickly without sufficient reading.

Need to work on my discipline. Trade only if you are clear about the direction. Take only easy trades.

Last edited:
Today, I made several mistakes in my trading and ran into big losses.

Product____Instrument_________P&L
BO____BEL18AUGFUT__________-3217.5
BO____TATAELXSI18AUGFUT____-8280
Trans Chgs 3 Lots__________________-675
Balance__________________________-12172.5

All were long positions.

I was silly.
1. I indicated that I would short Elxsi. But, I changed my position because USD marginally increased.
2. I earlier stated that I would wait for the pattern to emerge in BEL. But I jumped into the trade quickly without sufficient reading.

Need to work on my discipline. Trade only if you are clear about the direction. Take only easy trades.
BELs move was surprising for today. Neither here nor there and then ended up close to it’s low. Most possibly because of the bulk deal. Expiry has to be around 117.5, May be some big players did it to stay it around this value.

Cheers
AK

sridhga

BEL: the scrip displayed weakness in price along with low volumes. If the bulk deal of 13 Lakh shares is taken out, the remaining volume is just 30 Lakh shares. It has been clocking similiar volume for the last 3 days. Selling started at the closing hour of the trading session prior to yesterday's. I should have observed this more deeply. Anyways, it is likely to remain weak in the expiry week. I will be more cautious in trading this counter today. This stock is notorious for making u-turns on fridays.

PS: Yesterday futures OI came down by 2.61%. However, increase in Sept futures more than compensated for the loss. So, traders are rolling over to next expiry.

Last edited:

sridhga

Elxsi: The only thing going for this stock is that USD is now getting stronger. Today USD appreciated even further. But for this, this stock has hit its upper band at 1450. If the stock appreciates may short for pullbacks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 3
V Metals 0