Sridhar's Trading Dairy

sridhga

As expected BEL consolidated. It went up during early part of the day. But later it consolidated.

Tata Elxsi moved up a marginally.

Today's trades:

Product------------------ Instrument------------------------ P&L
BO------------------------ BEL18AUGFUT---------------------------- -1485
BO------------------------ TATAELXSI18AUGFUT---------------------- +9600
Less: Transaction Charges (Approx)----------------------------------------- -600
Balance---------------------------------------------------------------------- +9000

Last edited:
As expected BEL consolidated. It went up during early part of the day. But later it consolidated.

Tata Elxsi moved up a marginally.

Today's trades:

Product------------------ Instrument------------------------ P&L
BO------------------------ BEL18AUGFUT---------------------------- -1485
BO------------------------ TATAELXSI18AUGFUT---------------------- +9600
Less: Transaction Charges (Approx)----------------------------------------- -600
Balance---------------------------------------------------------------------- +9000
Am I missing something with the P&L calculation?

Cheers
AK

sridhga

Looks like BEL futures is in loss but somehow it wasn’t adding up to the overall PL amount. Or I should be missing something completely.

Cheers
AK

Yes, today BEL trade was in the loss for me. Elxsi was on two lots.

Trade ID _-----Fill time ---------------------------TYPE------ Instrument----- _-----Product----- Qty----- Avg. Price
62709149 -------10-08-2018 15:22:23 -----BUY------ BEL18AUGFUT------------ -------BO------ ---4950------ 120.8
62689327 -------10-08-2018 14:57:46 -----SELL------ BEL18AUGFUT------------ -------BO------ ----4950------ 120.5
25065654 -------10-08-2018 09:50:59 -----BUY------ TATAELXSI18AUGFUT------ -------BO------ 800------ 1410
25047866 -------10-08-2018 09:38:12 -----BUY------ TATAELXSI18AUGFUT------ -------BO------ 800------ 1418
25040287 -------10-08-2018 09:32:44 -----SELL------ TATAELXSI18AUGFUT------ -------BO------ 800------ 1425
25021027 -------10-08-2018 09:22:40 -----SELL------ TATAELXSI18AUGFUT------ -------BO------ 800------ 1415

Last edited:

sridhga

Looks like BEL futures is in loss but somehow it wasn’t adding up to the overall PL amount. Or I should be missing something completely.

Cheers
AK

You are right. I made a mistake in the calculation. The balance profit after transaction charges is Rs. 7515 and not Rs. 9000. Now I had put a withdrawal request from Zerodha for the higher amount yesterday. I will have to compensate for it on Monday.

Thanks for pointing it out.
You are the only one who seems to be reading this thread.

Cheers
AK

You are right. I made a mistake in the calculation. The balance profit after transaction charges is Rs. 7515 and not Rs. 9000. Now I had put a withdrawal request from Zerodha for the higher amount yesterday. I will have to compensate for it on Monday.

Thanks for pointing it out.
You are the only one who seems to be reading this thread.
I have a huge exposure in BEL and I found you to be in same frequency. Plus I’m looking for a second stock for investment and options trading.

These forums are for mutual benefit to everyone. Hope we’ll get a couple of more active members in this thread.

Cheers
AK

sridhga

I have a huge exposure in BEL and I found you to be in same frequency. Plus I’m looking for a second stock for investment and options trading.

These forums are for mutual benefit to everyone. Hope we’ll get a couple of more active members in this thread.

Cheers
AK

Maybe, what I am writing does not interest many. Anyways, I will keep writing. So that I can read this even at a later date for my own self.

What inspired me to write in the first place is, recently when I looked at some of my posts which were 6 years old, I realized that, I am losing money because, I have not followed my own views that I expressed about 6 years ago. My goal here is not to impress others, nor, it is to challenge somebody, nor to prove to the world. I may clock profits or losses from my trading. My goal is to purely record my thought process, as it evolves, during the trading day. I could have done this on my private computer, but putting it here could attract others' views which may or may not align with those of mine. Those views, even if they are different from mine, I would consider them valuable. If you observe this thread, my own views changed during this period. I do have strong opinions on this subject, but, I do not want my mind to be frozen in time and fall in a state of ego driven ignorance. I would like to look at every comment to review my thought process. Tamasoma Jyothirgamaya. May Godess Saraswati bless us to be humble and accept others' views for a better mind-set.

Thats why, I stopped posting my profits and trades, unless, they are relevant for discussion. Rather than a trading journal, let this be a journal of thought-flow for better trading.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 3
V Metals 0