Sridhar's Trading Dairy

Sridhar sir, a basic question - isn’t BEL a large cap? It’s market cap is 25K Cr.

Cheers
AK

Maybe you are right. I am broadly looking at this as compared to other PSU stocks like Coal India, ONGC etc. Moreover, it is not a part of Nifty 50. I do not have a strong definition on Mid cap and large cap.

Assume it is a large cap. Does this assumption change any of our views? Please let me know your view point as well. This forum is for knowledge sharing. You are free to post on this thread.
My assumption is that the large caps come with additional stability. The max monthly SD for BEL for the last 24 months is 16% and the mean SD is just 7%.

This gives me a cushion to comfortably play with the options to hedge my long-term BEL portfolio.

Cheers
AK
Just wrote this reply this morning and BEL is now up close to 8% in a single day.

Cheers
AK

sridhga

Just wrote this reply this morning and BEL is now up close to 8% in a single day.

Cheers
AK
Today, I am sitting on a loss. There was a block deal for Rs. 19.55 crores. Maybe the Bharat ETF new collections are pouring in. Trust me, any stock that could run up above 6% and is in FNO segment need to experience some pull back next day. I may be right or wrong. So far in this month my trading proves that I am wrong.

Last edited:

Cheers
AK
Generally PSU stocks are very volatile as they have low float. Most often they prove to be one day wonders as well. Let us wait and watch on how this goes.
That’s exactly why I’m holding on to my orders based on today’s move alone. I don’t want to get caught in again. I’ll decide it on Monday.

Even I think there would be a breather of 3-4 rs downwards after this humongous one-day run.

Cheers
AK

Cheers
AK
Generally PSU stocks are very volatile as they have low float. Most often they prove to be one day wonders as well. Let us wait and watch on how this goes.
That’s exactly why I’m holding on to my orders based on today’s move alone. I don’t want to get caught in again. I’ll decide it on Monday.

Even I think there would be a breather of 3-4 rs downwards after this humongous one-day run.

Cheers
AK
Took a risky position, considering the run it made in one trading session. Bought the 100 put. Now not sure where to place the SL. Let me see how it goes.

Cheers
AK

sridhga

With its extra ordinary volume and price increase, will BEL be a good BTST for Monday? Based on my observation, I do not feel so. It may increase in the opening minutes. But it will not sustain.

With its extra ordinary volume and price increase, will BEL be a good BTST for Monday? Based on my observation, I do not feel so. It may increase in the opening minutes. But it will not sustain.
Delivery percentage second lowest in the last 2 weeks. Well, it’s interesting to see how it spans out on Monday.

Cheers
AK

Delivery percentage second lowest in the last 2 weeks. Well, it’s interesting to see how it spans out on Monday.

Cheers
AK
Though the deliverable quantity is the highest. Possibly the ETF purchase.

Cheers
AK

sridhga

Refer to my post dated 23rd June. As per my calculation, the ETF should be acquiring 1.17 crore shares at 110 price point. Since they started acquiring at much lower price point, they should end up buying more shares. If deliverables is just about 70 lakhs, then ETF acquision is just not over yet. Also factor in purchases by others too. Even purchases by others should see a spike in deliverables because it should have given a conviction to many retail investors. So ETF acquisition in less than half complete.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 3
V Metals 0