Spirituality and ShareMarket

It is quite interesting indeed to discover and analyze the spiritual aspect of stock market...its encouraging as well...if we can truly apply what the author of thread stated and others added, we can certainly add discipline and consistency to our approach....let me see how far i can achieve that...hope to read this thread over and over again whenever i need to make myself calm in the volatile markets...

sh50

Nice of you to appreciate,Mohitkool. You have quite a spirtual name- Mohit means endearing and kool is cool. Reminds me of something interesting I learnt from Sandeep-Manisha Chaudhary, well known managemnent consultants in Delhi
SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR NAMES

This is written in this context -Brahmin- Inquisitiveness, Driving force Knowledge, Concerned with Mind, State of mind- Intellectual, Ideology- Scientific, Asks- What is truth?

Having gotten acquainted with some of your interesting names, I got an idea during my walk today. There is a book on leadership by Sandeep and Manisha Chaudhary, HRD consultants in which the significance of names is given. They have given the example of some guy called Nirmal singh. He had unclean hands, bad breadth, negative attitude, a general tendency to be corrupt and negative attitude about everything but his name was Nirmal which implies without any impurity. Another guy was Subhash which means who speakes well and for the good of others. However, this guy spoke too fast, in an incoherent way, scattering a lot of spit around him while speaking.

This made the Chaudharys curious and they began to discover some kind of a phenomenan and after watching several similar examples, they came to the conclusion that people who lived happily despite the ups and downs of life were the people who came closest to the meaning of their name.

The sage explained that these people have a smaller sense of ego or a lesser sense of being the centre of the Universe which makes them more sensitive to others. They also seem to surrender themselves more gracefully to their surroundings without fighting against them. They dont make any unreasonable demands on people and surroundings to behave according to their own whims and fancies. The closer you are to your name, the closer you are to completing to your lifes journey. These names are nothing but a myriad of colourful ways of describing the beautiful perfection we are born out of. The sage told them to discover the meanings of their names and live it in everything they do. Then see the magic. You would end up excelling at everything you take on, any game you play, any activity you perform. Go children, be your names first and help other people be theirs

I remembered this line during my walk and that prompted me to write all this. I know that the Universe is primarily composed of vibrations and in things like meditation also group mediation enhances the effect because of better vibrations. As you all must be aware, the mantra therapy also involves repetition of names to enhance vibrations and so by not repeating your names even at the forum, you could be at a loss. Our heritage and culture emphasizes on thought, word and deed and I dont see the need for any India centric site to go in the opposite direction unless there is some ulterior motive like taking pot shots at one another or not being able to exchange views in a civilized manner. In management also they say that we must agree to disagree but saying is one thing and being able to practically do it is another. Community forums like ezboard actually enable spirituality practically because otherwise, as I have said before, we would have been at each others throats while exchanging views. This is only my personal opinion- you can carry on with your names because that is your prerogative.

The deeper philosophy is given below and was so interesting that Manisha wanted to learn more and Sandeep wanted to spread it around because the literal meaning of the word Manisha means wisdom of the mind and Sandeep means something like a bright lamp which spreads light. I found this quite interesting but the issue is to be able to live your name in all moods and circumstances throughout lifetime which is beyond the scope of this article or even that book.

They checked this out with a Himalayan saint they bumped into and he replied that they had stumbled upon one of the greatest secrets of the Universe. He elucidated that we are a part of great, infinite thought which manifests itself in various forms and shapes. Some of these forms are energy like and some are matter like. Some move and others need an external force to move. However the whole existence changes being born again and again and being swallowed back into nothingness after a while. Parts of this giant thought or cosmic intelligence separates from itself for a while just like a small piece of dough separates from the larger dough when you make chappattis. At the time of separation, the smaller parts develop a sense of deficiency and imperfection. When the small parts develop a sense of imperfection, a sense of identity envelops it. This sense of identity is nothing but a thin weil of electromagnetic energy that separates the small from the big source and this we call the ego. This sense of identity drives the smaller part through its journey with two opposite yet complimentary forces- one that reminds it of what it is and the other of what you ultimately want to be. Once this journey is completed, the smaller part finds its other half which seemed to be missing at birth. At that point, it becomes ready to dissolve into the great intelligence that it was born out of. .Rishis and Sages discovered the art and science of keeping a name that can accurately describe the real attributes of the smaller part(called soul) at the time of its birth. This name can then become akin to a Mantra for the soul, reminding it of its real life purpose.
Its like the market isn't- you can spend all your life figuring it out.

My dear friend Jaideep had said in another post that TA was all very fine but when it came to the crunch you have to show presence of mind. Reminded me of what Osho said, " Its all right to prepare and prepare for an interview but once there, one should be spontanous." That's what life is all about. Even education can only be a kind of guideline- one should never take anything as a thumbrule or "Paththar ki lakeer" but show the two most importnant things in life- intution and common sense.

Dear SH 50,

I am very pleased ro read ur thoughts and ideas which is very perfect and ur understanding about the life and its applications is enormous ,v look up for more ideas in this subjecy. u can also contribute to site www.talkaboutreligion.com .
with best regards
Nksagar

went thru these threads.very thought provoking. the spirit becomes volatile when the market is volatile.we can attempt at controlling spirit by turning to religion,but regarding the market, it is beyond anybodys control.

Dear prabaakar
Market is like mind which runs and runs because its collective one of somany minds.Only spirtual at heart remains firm and does not swing as the valuation of script can give u sense of overheated and undervalues script indiviually or of the market evaluation. Nothing much to say,keep focus.

Urs Nksagar with regards

sh50

Interesting that somebody raised "intution". Even industrialsits use gut feel to decide whether or not they should go in for a particular project. There is a process called "icubating the subconscious" wherein which one is supposed to fill up the subconscious with relevant knowlege and then let intution take over. For a majority of people in the stockmarket it should be likewise. Study graphs, do analysis and then let intution take over. Pure intution is something only a stockmkt genius would have.