Spider Software Ace for Technicals

milkyblack

Hello friends!

I would like to know how is the spider software's ACE for EOD tech analysis! Kindly give your valuable suggestions if any one has used or has some experience of it or any other software. also please mention some software and data provider for NSE,BSE F&O for EOD tech analysis. thanks a bunch to all and wish a happy new year! if possible please mention the price of the softwares and data along with contact info.

H

hari09omkar

Hello friends!

I would like to know how is the spider software's ACE for EOD tech analysis! Kindly give your valuable suggestions if any one has used or has some experience of it or any other software. also please mention some software and data provider for NSE,BSE F&O for EOD tech analysis. thanks a bunch to all and wish a happy new year! if possible please mention the price of the softwares and data along with contact info.
Why don't you buy amibroker professional,with amiquote?
http://www.amibroker.com/order.php

If you are not comfortable with programming,then go for spider ace.Price I can't remember exactly,but may be 10k.Contact them.
http://www.spidersoftwareindia.com/Products/ACE/AceFeatures.htm
Stoxtrend and Viratech are good options for quality eod data in ami.

milkyblack

thanks hari!
i contacted spider... they quoted 10k for 1 year. but i do not know how is the software and the features in tht. in 10k they even provide data i guess(tats wat they told me) and there is a renewal charger of Rs4 k per year(plus serv tax). do u have any idea about the product? how reliable is it(spider ace)? is there something like stock scanner in it... so tht i can scan for the stocks?

and about ami.... why do i need to know programming?
plz throw some light on my queries and a person who wants to begin learning tech analysis.

thanks a lot

H

hari09omkar

thanks hari!
i contacted spider... they quoted 10k for 1 year. but i do not know how is the software and the features in tht. in 10k they even provide data i guess(tats wat they told me) and there is a renewal charger of Rs4 k per year(plus serv tax). do u have any idea about the product? how reliable is it(spider ace)? is there something like stock scanner in it... so tht i can scan for the stocks?
I haven't used Spider Ace.But I use the realtime software of spidersoftwareindia.....which is Spider Iris.In Iris I get the eod data free.I can assure u of their reliability.But it is only good for the starters.U will not get backtesting facility there,neither custom indicator building.So start with spider,but aim for the metastock,amibroker,tradestation.....U can do what I did....having two data service providers.One for the ami,ms......one for spider.

Yes it has technical query facilty,by which u can scan the stocks which fulfills ur criteria.
and about ami.... why do i need to know programming?
plz throw some light on my queries and a person who wants to begin learning tech analysis.

thanks a lot
Well milky,if u want to have any kind of analysis to be done by the software,u have to give instruction to the software in a language which it understands.By knowing that language(for ami it's called amibroker formula language,in short, afl),u wil be able to instruct the software to run scans and doing complex research.So mastering C/C++ and afl will help in building customised indicators,backtesting of ideas,finding opportunities etc.That's why the need of learning programming.Hope I have cleared ur doubts.:)
Regards

milkyblack

I haven't used Spider Ace.But I use the realtime software of spidersoftwareindia.....which is Spider Iris.In Iris I get the eod data free.I can assure u of their reliability.But it is only good for the starters.U will not get backtesting facility there,neither custom indicator building.So start with spider,but aim for the metastock,amibroker,tradestation.....U can do what I did....having two data service providers.One for the ami,ms......one for spider.

Yes it has technical query facilty,by which u can scan the stocks which fulfills ur criteria.

Well milky,if u want to have any kind of analysis to be done by the software,u have to give instruction to the software in a language which it understands.By knowing that language(for ami it's called amibroker formula language,in short, afl),u wil be able to instruct the software to run scans and doing complex research.So mastering C/C++ and afl will help in building customised indicators,backtesting of ideas,finding opportunities etc.That's why the need of learning programming.Hope I have cleared ur doubts.:)
Regards

well thanks a lot Sir.
i am bit confused of wht to buy... as u said to have 2 data providers... i mean i cant afford to have 2... i am sure u understand it is my 1st step in tech analysis... and without confirmation of my would be sucess i cannot invest in 2 data and softwares...

i really thank u for sharing ur xpernc with spider software ... i really needed someone to share views....

well abt programming to make my own indicators... im just nothing now... long way to go :)

thanks a lot again...
i am reading the book "technical analysis of stock trends" by Edwards and Magee... any more sugesstions by u? u seem to be a technical trader ;)

H

hari09omkar

milkyblack

Yes,two suggestions.
1.Put the Edwards-Magee book in the book shelf,and start reading the John Murphy book - 'Technical Analysis of The Financial Markets'.This is more objective than the previous.
2.Read this thread fully.

http://www.traderji.com/trading-technicals/6072-teach-man-fish.html

And ur journey will be started.Best of luck.
well well well...

thank u very much... i would get hold of the book by this weekend! and would go through the thread right now

milkyblack

@ hari!

i have one more query.... the data provided by spider EOD... is it grouped ... like sector wise... BSE 500... healthcare... bank etc... thanks

H

hari09omkar

@ hari!

i have one more query.... the data provided by spider EOD... is it grouped ... like sector wise... BSE 500... healthcare... bank etc... thanks
You will get all the scrips data of BSE,NSE,FNO.....All Commodity,Currency,world market major idices data......Yes you can view scrips sector wise....BSE Auto,B,B1,B2,Metal,Midcap,Oil & Gas,Power,Small cap,BSE100,BSE200,BSE500,A Group,All Indices(like Bankex),Healthcare,IT,Capital Goods,Banks,BSE F&O,FMCG,Consumer durables,Media,PSU,Telecom....the list is long.U can have industry wise grouping also in NSE and BSE. And ur own grouping,if u want.

milkyblack

thanks a lot hari for the valuable information :)
but u c im new to this technical thing so stock picking would be difficult for me i guess... i have to learn a lot to feed the input to the software for the conditions to generate the list of potential stocks...
but its really good to know that they provide data that is grouped... it would help me
thanks