Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

4xpipcounter

Foxtail, it is my pleasure. I am always comfortable talking about my methodology. I use the default settings, 9/26/52 as they have proven to be the best. It is arguable that 9/28/56 work better, because 28 represents in most markets the circa number of candles that is necessary for a complete cycle within a trend.
There are many variables in using and interpreting the cloud formation. Most of the time when the cloud has been hit the first time, it will contain, and there will be a reversal.
The drop, as an example, was very predictable for the GBP/AUD, because it hit the bottom of the daily cloud, and looking into the future, it was very bearish. A very strong move south is also very predictable for the EUR/CAD, because it hit the top of the daily cloud, and it is bearish into the future. Once you are on the other side of the cloud, then there is a very strong possibility [rice will continue in that same direction, particularly if the tenken has crossed the kijun, and they are trailing close by. It was in my blog that I predicted the strong imminent reversal for the EUR/USD, because the hourly tenken and kijun were resting securely on top of the cloud. That is heavy confluence of support.
When price gets to flying too very high above the cloud or very low under the cloud, it is warning of a reversal. It will not continue forever. Picture it as a plane that has risen too high above the cloud. It has to come down at least to the top of the cloud.
The other thing you want to pay attention to is the chinkou. If it has crossed the candles, that is a strong indication the trend will continue.
There are many that use the ichimoku as a standalone, because it is really 5 indicators in one, thus one look (ichimoku). I'm not that way. I use my proprietary set of S&R's, the stochastics that I use mainly as a momentum indicator, and TL's. If a market has been wrestling with the idea of breaking through the cloud, and the stochastics is indicating strong momentum, and there was an hourly close on the other side of my weekly S or R, then that is a strong indication we would get a break into the cloud. If it is a thin cloud, then it could break through the other side. If it is a strong move, then there will probably be a retracement back to the cloud, as it will act as support.
I don't know what the problem is in bring up my charts. They are posted on my blog, but I am not allowed to post it in an open forum, and I understand the moderators' reasons for that.
You do have the right idea in using a straight rigid line as containment S or R.If price seeks too far below that line, or rises to high above it, then you can expect a gravitational pull back to it, as it represents market equilibrium.
Another thing I do is watch the different time frames. If I am expecting a pullback on the daily, but the weekly is indicating the opposite, then ichimoku is saying, "Be careful." Take your position, but don't be too comfortable. I had a short on the EUR/USD because of what I was seeing on the 4-hour and daily charts, but the weekly was saying we are still headed up. I jumped out of the short for about 110 pips, and then reversed direction on it, and it all worked out. Oh yeah, LOL, I reversed direction again, so you might need a road map to keep up. I hope that clears it up a little. Feel free to comment more. You'd be surprised. By talking about the methodology, I benefit too, because it helps in further ensconcing the principles. I'm a very confident trader, but still humbled at what there is to learn. My desire is always, that the benefit is mutual.

Greetings and thanks for your postings. I am also using the ichimoku cloud but rather new to this methodology. If you feel comfortable, can you describe the parameters you use and how you use the cloud formation in your trading. Since the cloud is formed 26 periods out, I have been using the already formed Kijun line (when it flattens) to project future price levels. It has some merit but certainly a work in progress. I look forward to hearing from you. BTW, I was unable to open the attachments on all your postings - the error message stated something about an invalid postings.

Best regards,

4xpipcounter

Usd/cad

We got the correction, as expected, to begin the week, and then the strong reversal back in the DOWN. Now the pair has reached minor exhaustion, and I am now looking for another recovery, but should be mild. Afterward, I'm looking for another leg south. We are entering a dangerous area for the shorts, but I am still looking for my WS1 at .9765 to be hit. That could yield the starting of what could be an uptrend that will last the rest of the year.

Re: Aud/jpy

One thing I should have added to my quote below is that with downside pressure mounting, which has created pressure for the immediate takeoff. The other path we could take is a move to the weekly tenken at 83.34, and then we get another move to the downside that could take us to the decade's S1 at 78.02.If that happens, then expect an absolute, unmistaking blowup to the north. Take a look back to some of the really strong moves in 2007 and 2008. Those came ass a result of my decade's reference points being hit.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your views am new to this market and still learning so views from experienced person like you will always be helpful in forex trading.

4xpipcounter

Re: Aud/jpy

You're welcome. If there are particular S&R's you would like to see, let me know, and I will post them in advance of the TF. They have uncanny accuracy, and I would encourage you to post them on your demo account to try them out.

Thanks for your views am new to this market and still learning so views from experienced person like you will always be helpful in forex trading.

Hi 4xpipcounter,

Thanks kindly for sharing the SS numbers. I am also using the Woodies CCI and I find that does provide an early indication for a direction change. However, the price action is really the key and the CCI can provide confirmation. As indicated earlier, I have been using the Kijun when it becomes flat to project a S or R level for later candles. I have also toyed around at using the cloud when it becomes flat to make similar S and R projections. There is enough accuracy that I suspect that there is a pattern, however, I have not discovered that yet.

Thanks again for your sharing your thoughts - much appreciated

best regards

4xpipcounter

Nifty

I just learned something from Cogito, and that was how to post the chart on my actual post without using up my space. Errr, well, I only claim to be a good trader, not a computer tech, even though a good part of my life is spent behind the screen. Any way, here's my update on Nifty.I posted the same thing on another thread, but I thought I'd cut-n-paste it for the viewers of my thread:

It was since the 6,000's that I have been saying the market will drop to at least the top of the weekly cloud at 5222. I knew the drop was going to be sharp. I did think it was unlikely there would be almost a straight line in the process.
One of 2 things is about ready to happen. The 4-hour chart is posted. Because of the OS condition on it, a corrective process could begin. It tried to do that in the last session with that huge spike. Once it again, it gave out and landed at the current level. If we do get a correction, it could end up back at the kijun, which is 5630, and represents a cluster event, just under 5665. The other scenario is to see a drop to 5359 (My WS1--weekly 1st support, which comes from my proprietary formula.), and then from there we will get at least a bounce
Regardless of the route it takes, I am still expecting the top of the weekly cloud to be hit, which coincides with my WS2, and from there should be a strong correction. That's the one that will have teeth on it. Remember that the ichimoku is dynamic, so there could be a slight change in the containment level by the time it gets there.

Last edited:
Re: Nifty

I just learned something from Cogito, and that was how to post the chart on my actual post without using up my space. Errr, well, I only claim to be a good trader, not a computer tech, even though a good part of my life is spent behind the screen. Any way, here's my update on Nifty.I posted the same thing on another thread, but I thought I'd cut-n-paste it for the viewers of my thread:

It was since the 6,000's that I have been saying the market will drop to at least the top of the weekly cloud at 5222. I knew the drop was going to be sharp. I did think it was unlikely there would be almost a straight line in the process.
One of 2 things is about ready to happen. The 4-hour chart is posted. Because of the OS condition on it, a corrective process could begin. It tried to do that in the last session with that huge spike. Once it again, it gave out and landed at the current level. If we do get a correction, it could end up back at the kijun, which is 5630, and represents a cluster event, just under 5665. The other scenario is to see a drop to 5359 (My WS1--weekly 1st support, which comes from my proprietary formula.), and then from there we will get at least a bounce
Regardless of the route it takes, I am still expecting the top of the weekly cloud to be hit, which coincides with my WS2, and from there should be a strong correction. That's the one that will have teeth on it. Remember that the ichimoku is dynamic, so there could be a slight change in the containment level by the time it gets there.
Hi,

chart is not visible check if you can upload it through imageshack that will be gr8 thats available just below the traderji page for upload.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2