Small Trader aiming for a Weekly Target of 10-15K

Mr.G

My dear, 50 k per year on 2 lacs would be okay for a beginner, but professional traders are looking to at least triple the capital (if not more) in a year, otherwise whats the use of trading? might as well put your money in fixed deposits and earn risk free returns. Also, it would be rather useless not to use leverage on intraday trades (especially for professional traders).:cool:
I am a professional fundamental fund manager. People doing trading tend to hide their true performance behind leverage. Traders never tell their leverage adjusted returns, and even when they do tell, they over exaggerate the numbers. I don't use a paisa of leverage.

GTji

I am a professional fundamental fund manager. People doing trading tend to hide their true performance behind leverage. Traders never tell their leverage adjusted returns, and even when they do tell, they over exaggerate the numbers. I don't use a paisa of leverage.
Can't compare investors to traders. They are completely different from each other.

Mr.G

Can't compare investors to traders. They are completely different from each other.
Very true, Lekin yaar, tum log ka return kitna hai?! Leverage adjusted.

emil16

Days Lesson:

1. Picked SBI without noticing it volatility and applied SAR. Low vol scenario , it should be sell High and buy low.
2. Nifty: Booked the 1st trade and reverse it at the right time. But made a mistake in SL order which added an additional lot at an incorrect price which ate some profit.
3. 2 lots nifty to be considered as planned.
4. Should have traded Infy call as it was near days low that time (Ignored it due to low vol)
5. Too many trades in a hurry.

Overall a messy day and lack of concentration. Luckily closed it with breakeven.

GTji

Very true, Lekin yaar, tum log ka return kitna hai?! Leverage adjusted.
Leverage adjusted returns? If I understand you correctly, it will mean 2 lacs leveraged 10x would be around 20 lacs Maybe around 30-40 % of the 20 lacs. But this is not so easy to calculate because trading size increases as the capital increases. If you used a fixed 20 lacs all round the year, it would obviously be less but it would still be around 20-30 % of the 20 lacs.

For an intraday trader with no leverage, the earnings would not be much.

But then again, to answer your question, returns will obviously vary from trader to trader.

emil16

Week 1:

6-08-13: Rs.2087.5
7-08-13: Rs. 3347.5
8-08-13: Rs. 197

Total: Rs. 5632

Target RS. 10000 for 5 trading sessions

This week only 3 Trading session (Started this thread only on 6th Aug.)
Revised Target Rs. 6000 for 3 Trading sessions.

Actual Gain: Rs. 5632

Missed the 1st week target by Rs 368

Not a bad start but the goal is to exceed the weekly target consistently.
May God Bless my trades and be with me in my trading journey.
Thank you God.