SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

Rkji

if you have gone through the ENTIRE thread, can you answer those 2 queries for me ? :)

well, i am not lazy to read or do my own research, when i read, i read extensively ... my time is money & unless few people input their experience with this strategy on LIVE TRADING, i am not going through 500 + pages to find out those few specific pages which have my answers !

regards

Rishi, the answers to all your questions are contained in this thread itself. Why not go through it and list out the useful posts

if you have gone through the ENTIRE thread, can you answer those 2 queries for me ? :)

well, i am not lazy to read or do my own research, when i read, i read extensively ... my time is money & unless few people input their experience with this strategy on LIVE TRADING, i am not going through 500 + pages to find out those few specific pages which have my answers !

regards
1) I am not using this strategy.

2) You don't have to go through 500 pages, the first post lists the important points/posts.

3) You can "Search the thread" for whatever you are looking for. e.g. "backtest"

Rishi, I read many of your posts and you appear to be a market veteran as well as TJ veteran. These posts are supposed to be pointers in your desired direction, and nothing else.

Edit. : This was a very active thread. I guess you won't have spend much time searching.

Markets at 5351 right now .... around 430 points profit on original lot ...... I have booked 50% today ... just holding the rest 50%.

Over the last 3 years of me trading 315, I have observed one thing on charts as well as on my ledger. This is something I have shared in the past as well i.e the cyclical nature of the market.

It means that every trend is followed by a rangebound market and every range is followed by a trend..... we hardly get a trending move immediately after a trending move and ranges do not continue forever. This is why we dont see a lot of 'V' shaped patterns on EOD charts.

A desciplined trader needs to stick to the system however also needs to adjust to the cycles and vary his trade sizes accordingly. I have been trying to proactively anticipate these cycles for last 1 year and now can share my 'sizing' strategy to the 315 traders here for their assessment and application.

My original strategy said that each trade needs to have equal trade size (Though in the past I kind of leaked my strategy by taking double trade quantity after 3 whips).

My 'amended' position size strategy is below.

After a good trending move is over (a move exceeding 5% and above excursion in favour of the 315 trade):

1. Take 50% of normal trade size on the next crossover .. there is a 'high' chance that this crossover will be a fake. A conservative trader can also decide to skip this crossover completely or take an small positions in options.

2. Take 50% of normal trade size in futures if the above crossover fails. This means that we are back in the bigger trend and hence the chances of a whip are relatively moderate.

3. Take normal trade size if the above crossover also fails. This means that markets have gone into some sort of range and a new trend is about to begin.

4. Take 200% of normal trade size as in rare scenarios, the 3rd crossover also might fail. This happened with us once recently. This means the markets have gone into a prolonged range and hence the start of a new trend is imminent.

By adjusting the position sizing, we will be losing less during whips and earn more with trends. Do backtest the same and post your comments/queries.

Cheers
SH
SH is really great. :thumb:

Yesterday was 1st crossover in Nifty in Spot (not sure about FO) and today it behaves the same way he explains (but i was not expecting so much reverse :()

Let see how 2nd down crossover works.

SH is really great. :thumb:

Yesterday was 1st crossover in Nifty in Spot (not sure about FO) and today it behaves the same way he explains (but i was not expecting so much reverse :()

Let see how 2nd down crossover works.
So as expected by SH, 2nd crossover also will be whipsawed now.

Only with this method + RSI in 30 mins was 2, i long at open and got 80 points in 30 mins, amazing :).

We are missing you SH, if possible come back.

My observation when this is what SH expected to have is that for next 5-6 trading sessions, nifty will not allow a single day to move without 3 ema touch. So if gap down, will come up to touch 3 ema and vice versa.

Let see.

Last edited:
So as expected by SH, 2nd crossover also will be whipsawed now.

Only with this method + RSI in 30 mins was 2, i long at open and got 80 points in 30 mins, amazing :).

We are missing you SH, if possible come back.

My observation when this is what SH expected to have is that for next 5-6 trading sessions, nifty will not allow a single day to move without 3 ema touch. So if gap down, will come up to touch 3 ema and vice versa.

Let see.
So now we are into 3rd crossover. 3 ema left today.

CMP = 5592
3 ema = 5511
15 ema = 5479.

Let see how it goes tomorrow.

Last edited:
So now we are into 3rd crossover. 3 ema left today.

CMP = 5592
3 ema = 5511
15 ema = 5749.

Let see how it goes tomorrow.
aha.. gotcha.. it is 5479.

just to let you know that we are reading your posts carefully and that you are a much valued member here. Good work, keep it up :thumb::thumb:

BNF too had a 315 crossover, the first one after July. Your observations please.

Also, SBIN had a crossover after MAY !!

aha.. gotcha.. it is 5479.

just to let you know that we are reading your posts carefully and that you are a much valued member here. Good work, keep it up :thumb::thumb:

BNF too had a 315 crossover, the first one after July. Your observations please.

Also, SBIN had a crossover after MAY !!
Thanks for correction and your comments. :)

Observation for crossover after say around 2900 points (i.e. around 25%) which is a very good move as per 315. So immediate crossover does not sustain too much. And same with SBI, around 450 points (i.e. around 225)

So if somebody is long here, closely watch 3 ema left and act accordingly.

This is my observation, as SH said only about Nifty.

Let see.

gmt900

@Trade4joisar,
I have been trying to study 315 system. It appears that you have been successfully following it. If someone wants to enter the system, do you think this is the right time or should one wait for a clear trend to establish?
How does one know that the trend is getting established?
Thanks and regards

Hi everybody,
I came across this thread today and went through 50 pages and am very much impressed with SH. My query is can 315 can be implemented to Commodities too.
Regards and Thanks
Prem

Hi everyone,
I came through 100 pages and I am glad that SH is there for answering queries. My yesterdays query was answered that 'Yes we can do commodities but with 334 not 315'.
I am hoping that my queries will be answered by non other than SH.
Waiting for the final thought, though I will go through all the pages.
Prem.