SH's 315 Strategy - how to make it more comfortable and profitable!!

NTrader42

Good work with Excel....

I have just checked the last swing and it seems fine.

The net result shows that in the last 16 months, by using this new exit strategy, the overall profits went up by 450 points.....

I will leave it upto you if you would like to use this new exit policy to enhance the profits of the original 315.

Point to note is that number of trades go up hence the brokerage paid for those extra trades needs to be deducted from the 450 points...

Cheers
SH
Hello

Even if someone decides not to use this enhancement, they must consider using it for short trades and the trades that go on for longer duration. Almost 80% of the benefit comes from the above types.

Thanks

rkkarnani

Hello

Even if someone decides not to use this enhancement, they must consider using it for short trades and the trades that go on for longer duration. Almost 80% of the benefit comes from the above types.

Thanks
Hi, Would you take some further trouble of analysisng!!!
Instead of reentering after exit due to adverse movement of 3EMA for continuous 2days.. enter only reverse trade when the reverse crossover happens!!
We are long, 3EMA goes down 2 days in a row we exit Long, now we wait till we get a Reverse crossover!

We are short ,3EMA rises 2 days in a row, we exit short, but do not go long, we wait till Crossover for Long happens!!
For example : You exited Long on 20/07/10 ~5353 and reentered 21/07/10... what I request you to analyse : We do not enter long again, we wait for short, so we enter short on 17th Aug 2010 at ~5428.

We exit long on 8th Oct 2010 ~6142, we do not go long again till we got a Short on 21 oct 2010 at ~6026

Hopefully I am able to convey what I have in mind!!!

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Reg: Exit on contra movement in 3EMA for 2 days in a row!!

Another thing that may be observed : When we are long we are looking for 3EMA value to drop consecutively for two days, will it be prudent to ignore a minor change like 5 points or say .01%.

Say Values of 3 EMA are :

01. 5392.4854
02. 5389.7427
03. 5371.3711
04. 5385.5356

As per our present analysis we would Exit long on Day 3, I suggest that we ignore the drop in 3EMA value on Day2 as it goes down by just <3 Points so we would exit on Day4 if the 3EMA value would be less than Day3 which is not the case, so we hold on to Long!!
Trust I am not complicating things!! In such a case just forget this post!! :p

rkkarnani

Hi, Would you take some further trouble of analysisng!!!
Instead of reentering after exit due to adverse movement of 3EMA for continuous 2days.. enter only reverse trade when the reverse crossover happens!!
We are long, 3EMA goes down 2 days in a row we exit Long, now we wait till we get a Reverse crossover!

We are short ,3EMA rises 2 days in a row, we exit short, but do not go long, we wait till Crossover for Long happens!!
For example : You exited Long on 20/07/10 ~5353 and reentered 21/07/10... what I request you to analyse : We do not enter long again, we wait for short, so we enter short on 17th Aug 2010 at ~5428.

We exit long on 8th Oct 2010 ~6142, we do not go long again till we got a Short on 21 oct 2010 at ~6026

Hopefully I am able to convey what I have in mind!!!
I had to delete my attachment from earlier post because of limit of Attachments.
Attachemnt with this post is an amended Excel file for attention of NTrader42... I have tried to analyse the difference if we Exit on adverse movement of 3EMA for 2 consecutive days and Enter only when Reverse Crossover happens!! The results seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, hence have self doubts :p and request NTRader to kindly recheck the same and post it again with corrections :eek: if any!!!
ps.: Not well versed with Spreadsheets so it is imperative that it is rechecked. However if my figures are even if almost correct I would request NTraders to draw the attention of SH for his input in this regard!

Last edited:

vikrit

I had to delete my attachment from earlier post because of limit of Attachments.
Attachemnt with this post is an amended Excel file for attention of NTrader42... I have tried to analyse the difference if we Exit on adverse movement of 3EMA for 2 consecutive days and Enter only when Reverse Crossover happens!! The results seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, hence have self doubts :p and request NTRader to kindly recheck the same and post it again with corrections :eek: if any!!!
ps.: Not well versed with Spreadsheets so it is imperative that it is rechecked. However if my figures are even if almost correct I would request NTraders to draw the attention of SH for his input in this regard!
did u mean not to enter even when 3ema touch 15ema and return, where we do ADD in original?

rkkarnani

did u mean not to enter even when 3ema touch 15ema and return, where we do ADD in original?
All other things of original strategy remain same.. add and exit on 3EMA not touch but here I was talking about the Exit from original positon only... as newly suggested by SH to exit position when 3EMA went down (when we are long) or went up (when we are short) two days in a row... SH suggested a reentry when 3EMA value move in the direction of the trend.. I was trying to analyse what would happen if once on exiting we enter a reverse trade only!! It may prove reducing the Profits vis a vis Original strategy!! What SH suggested was giving a bit better results as posted by NTrader42.. I requested NTrader to further analyse "what if" we do not renter same trend but enter reversal only!! I did try to analyse myself with my limited knowledge of Excel and the result was "too good to be true" hence requested NTrader to check my analysis and post the corrected results!!

vikrit

All other things of original strategy remain same.. add and exit on 3EMA not touch but here I was talking about the Exit from original positon only... as newly suggested by SH to exit position when 3EMA went down (when we are long) or went up (when we are short) two days in a row... SH suggested a reentry when 3EMA value move in the direction of the trend.. I was trying to analyse what would happen if once on exiting we enter a reverse trade only!! It may prove reducing the Profits vis a vis Original strategy!! What SH suggested was giving a bit better results as posted by NTrader42.. I requested NTrader to further analyse "what if" we do not renter same trend but enter reversal only!! I did try to analyse myself with my limited knowledge of Excel and the result was "too good to be true" hence requested NTrader to check my analysis and post the corrected results!!
on scanning visually, it looks good, by doing it most of time 50-200 pts saved till 3ema/price touch/crossoever 15ema... will check on excel then post.