SH's 315 Strategy - how to make it more comfortable and profitable!!

rkkarnani

on scanning visually, it looks good, by doing it most of time 50-200 pts saved till 3ema/price touch/crossoever 15ema... will check on excel then post.
Please do it as and when comfortable with... and while you are having a look do look out for any thing else that may seem interesting like I feel that when we see the 3EMA going down, while we are long, 2 days in a row, we consider it as 'going down' only if the subsequent value of 3EMA is lower by min. say 5 points or 0.1%!! Have written something similar a few posts earlier.
Another thing that many of us here are sincerely seeking : Is there a way to put in an ESL=Entry SL and a TSL=Trailing SL... so while you are having a look at the CHarts etc. see if any thing comes to mind!!

rkkarnani

NR7 setup will occur when difference of H & L of day is < last 6 days.

So next if any side breakout may decide trend reversal OR continue to original trend.
Its a good idea sure... :thumb: I remember having eye balled NF charts with 315 and NR7... did not seems much encouraging!! BUT please do plot NR7 on this strategy chart and please post your comments!! I found that NR7 is more of a swing trade rather than a Trend setting or Trend Reversing.... just my view and dont let this discourage you from having a look yourself!! Please do and post your views!! :)

I had to delete my attachment from earlier post because of limit of Attachments.
Attachemnt with this post is an amended Excel file for attention of NTrader42... I have tried to analyse the difference if we Exit on adverse movement of 3EMA for 2 consecutive days and Enter only when Reverse Crossover happens!! The results seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, hence have self doubts :p and request NTRader to kindly recheck the same and post it again with corrections :eek: if any!!!
ps.: Not well versed with Spreadsheets so it is imperative that it is rechecked. However if my figures are even if almost correct I would request NTraders to draw the attention of SH for his input in this regard!
Interesting ...!

This might appear to be attractive during 2010-2011 when the markets have remained rangebound between 4800-6200 hence the biggest swing has been usually 400-500 point.....

Worth testing it from 2005-2009 period too where some swings lasted for 1000-1500 points ... I have a feeling that during this period waiting for next crossover once exiting the trade would have led to missing huge rallies and crashes....

Cheers
SH

rkkarnani

Interesting ...!

This might appear to be attractive during 2010-2011 when the markets have remained rangebound between 4800-6200 hence the biggest swing has been usually 400-500 point.....

Worth testing it from 2005-2009 period too where some swings lasted for 1000-1500 points ... I have a feeling that during this period waiting for next crossover once exiting the trade would have led to missing huge rallies and crashes....Cheers
SH
Thanks for giving it a look!!!
Couldnt agree more SH, yes saw the past and knew my enthu might be misplaced!!! Did not analyse, but simple eye balling!!!
But feel its worth a closer look!! Do suggest something more , if anything comes to mind for reeentry !!!

NTrader42

Hello RK

I will try to work through all your suggestions with the data that we have, just give me a day or 2 to do that :)

I agree with SH that tests for longer duration are essential to draw any conclusions for trading a daily time frame system.

We can take bigger data set, once we decide / finalize different options that we are exploring, I think we can easily get the entire historical EoD data of NF.

Thanks

rkkarnani

Hello RK

I will try to work through all your suggestions with the data that we have, just give me a day or 2 to do that :)

I agree with SH that tests for longer duration are essential to draw any conclusions for trading a daily time frame system.

We can take bigger data set, once we decide / finalize different options that we are exploring, I think we can easily get the entire historical EoD data of NF.

Thanks
Thanks!! :)
My EOD data folder had got corrupted but shall be able to give the data in 3/4 days!!

rkkarnani

DailyNIFTY eod data with ema3,15

http://www. megaupload .com/?d=Z9YPTHZ0

delete the space
Thanks for this effort! It seems to me that you have inadverently posted Data for Nifty Spot (Nifty Index) and not futures.
My reason for being doubtful is the date of the first data... it is January 2000 whereas Nifty Future was introduced for Trading from 12th June 2000. :p

Try to post the Futures data if it is handy!! Thanx again!!