Should i worry about the markets being rigged ?

you say markets are rigged.

Can you tell me exactly by whom it is rigged and is there any sufficient & clear evidence that markets are rigged?

and assuming that markets are rigged by some unknown entity. Why is sebi sitting quietly then for so many years?
Initially from a passing remark by a friend and followed up by a google search on "Are Indian Markets Rigged".This throws up a lot of results, ;tldr in depth.

So I turned to the community for some insight and personal opinion.

Though I have another question, in the same vien,on the effects of instituitional money coming in but I'm not really asking, since I have not yet researched on it myself.

Also I did come across remarks that SEBI has "some" rules in place.:)

Initially from a passing remark by a friend and followed up by a google search on "Are Indian Markets Rigged".This throws up a lot of results, ;tldr in depth.

So I turned to the community for some insight and personal opinion.

Though I have another question, in the same vien,on the effects of instituitional money coming in but I'm not really asking, since I have not yet researched on it myself.

Also I did come across remarks that SEBI has "some" rules in place.:)
Yes , i did do a google search. Nothing substantial showed up.

They are just opinions of people who lost in the markets.

There is no concrete evidence.

Also , most people don't complain about rigging when they win. How convenient isn't it?

These are all excuses made up by your mind. This shows an underlying fear in you that you are not ready to enter the markets.

All i can say is this , if you want to trade , then focus on trading and learning rather than making excuses.

Markets being rigged is the last thing you should worry about.

Markets can be rigged in short term but in longer term the trend and fundamentals catch up and they cannot be rigged over long term.

All markets are rigged to some extent. Where money is involved, the rigging and manipulation will always be there. But that will cause short term trends and reversals. Trader should learn to take advantage of this rigging ( without taking part in rigging) by trading these short term moves,rigged or otherwise. We have charts,volumes,trends,reversals and above all choice when to sit out of the market to tackle the problem of rigging. It is nothing to be feared by traders.

We must learn to change perceived negatives to our advantage.In my long stint in trading, I never felt that I am at a disadvantage due to market rigging....not even once...so just dont bother about it and concentrate on craft of trading.

Smart_trade

Very good. If you prepare well you can be a consistent winner in trading. How well we should prepare is the BIG Q????.

Start from basics. First and foremost controlling your emotions is necessary when you come face to face with temptations such as GREED, HOPE, FEAR, DESPAIR & HELPLESSNESS.

These are all excuses made up by your mind. This shows an underlying fear in you that you are not ready to enter the markets.

All i can say is this , if you want to trade , then focus on trading and learning rather than making excuses.

Markets being rigged is the last thing you should worry about.
The underlying fear is the fear of the unknown I guess, I intend to harness it with learning, which is the stage I'm in right now.

With the deluge of information I wouldn't know what peice of information I should avoid.Just trying to sort the info.

From the tone in your answer I infer I should sternly march ahead and just focus on learning, and everything will fall in place.

Loved your answer.Much Obliged for the push.

Thank you throwawayacc123.:thumb:

Markets can be rigged in short term but in longer term the trend and fundamentals catch up and they cannot be rigged over long term.

All markets are rigged to some extent. Where money is involved, the rigging and manipulation will always be there. But that will cause short term trends and reversals. Trader should learn to take advantage of this rigging ( without taking part in rigging) by trading these short term moves,rigged or otherwise. We have charts,volumes,trends,reversals and above all choice when to sit out of the market to tackle the problem of rigging. It is nothing to be feared by traders.

We must learn to change perceived negatives to our advantage.In my long stint in trading, I never felt that I am at a disadvantage due to market rigging....not even once...so just dont bother about it and concentrate on craft of trading.

Smart_trade
Thanks Smart_trade ,so there is a way to sense if something is wrong.
Though thats not what I'll be focusing for quite a while, I have lots to do.:)

Again this is a nice peice of advice from you.

Smart_trade
So Thank you.:)

Very good. If you prepare well you can be a consistent winner in trading. How well we should prepare is the BIG Q????.

Start from basics. First and foremost controlling your emotions is necessary when you come face to face with temptations such as GREED, HOPE, FEAR, DESPAIR & HELPLESSNESS.
Well analyse yourself ere the market as you put it.:thumb::)

Thanks.

oilman5

instead of Rigged- pl use the word TRAP,BULL TRAP,bear trap. Misinformation campaigning.
now create a method on how to trade in it.
When NOT to trade -is very imp for a pro.
Action speaks louder than words-if regular return is coming u r in RIGHT path

Snake.Head

Note:- I am not associate or any Links with YTC Post Because OP asked question about market manipulation.Adding more info what @Smart_trade said

This posted Lance Beggs on his FB Page
The only certainty in life appears to be that every month I'll get an email complaining about manipulation. smile emoticon
Why not try this instead...

stoch

I think market rigging issue is overrated. Really markets rigging is only possible when markets are weak - when volatility is high and liquidity is weak. If you avoid trading during that times and work on trends then it's not an issue for you. :)