Serious.....Just need a minute of your time !!

Hi there everybody,

I request all of you to vote for Major Manish Pitambare as the NDTV Indian
of the year 2006.

vote as
*Indian 11* - SMS to 6388:

Major Manish Pitambare of 3 PARA (SPECIAL FORCES) died from the injuries he
received during
an operation, in which he killed the Hizbul's most wanted commander, Suhail
Faisal.

*Manish was a great guy n lives on in our memories*
*He went in and laid his life down for our motherland, which we take for
granted so very often*
*and unlike the movies he will not be back in the next act*
*He leaves behind a lady in white and their young baby*
*So for the Memory of Manish and for Mukta and Yugda who have only his
memories and a folded Tricolour now
Please devote a minute and vote for the brave Army Officer who laid down his

life for THE NATION.

Manish did more than his bit for the nation
let us now do our bit

And, please pass on this link to as many people as possible and make this
happen.

THANK YOU!

RSI

I deeply appreciate the bravery and selfless actions and supreme sacrifice of Major Manish Pitambre. In fact, I have already sent an SMS as requested in this thread.

However, I am curious to know the following aspects (Please note: I am not meaning or intending disrespect to anyone nor do I intend to hurt anyone)

1. What will happen if NDTV selects Major Manish as Indian of the year 2006? What will happen if it doesnot?

2. More importantly, how does the wife and child of Major Manish benefit from all these votes or if Major Manish is selected as Indian of the Year 2006?

3. If NDTV is really serious, why can't it take up the cause of Major Manish's family with concerned government officials and see that the life and future of his wife and child are secured?

4. Guys, it really the time to come above the gimmics of TV channels. TV channels are not for welfare of the needy. They are just after a "story". If it raises sympathy, they will lounge at it. Show those heart rendering scenes for two or three days and as usual forget it. Needless to say, needy people never get any benefit from it at any point of time. All that they get is some harassement from TV jounalists for some footages and some scenes showing them crying. Neither these TV channels, nor their employees (including their jounalists) have any sympathy of whatsoever nature about the victims of these tragedies. Do you need the proof? Has any one bothered about victims of Tsunami, that struck two years ago. Has anyone bothered about the huge donations and money raised in the name of Tsunami victims? What happened to them? Victims are yet to return to their normal life (if at all it is possible). Except showing heart rendering scenes for nearly one month or so, what has these TV channels done to their welfare? What happended to the huge money raised by these TV channels in their name? Guys realise these gimmics and protest strongly against such gimmics.
R. S. Iyer

I deeply appreciate the bravery and selfless actions and supreme sacrifice of Major Manish Pitambre. In fact, I have already sent an SMS as requested in this thread.

However, I am curious to know the following aspects (Please note: I am not meaning or intending disrespect to anyone nor do I intend to hurt anyone)

1. What will happen if NDTV selects Major Manish as Indian of the year 2006? What will happen if it doesnot?

2. More importantly, how does the wife and child of Major Manish benefit from all these votes or if Major Manish is selected as Indian of the Year 2006?

3. If NDTV is really serious, why can't it take up the cause of Major Manish's family with concerned government officials and see that the life and future of his wife and child are secured?

4. Guys, it really the time to come above the gimmics of TV channels. TV channels are not for welfare of the needy. They are just after a "story". If it raises sympathy, they will lounge at it. Show those heart rendering scenes for two or three days and as usual forget it. Needless to say, needy people never get any benefit from it at any point of time. All that they get is some harassement from TV jounalists for some footages and some scenes showing them crying. Neither these TV channels, nor their employees (including their jounalists) have any sympathy of whatsoever nature about the victims of these tragedies. Do you need the proof? Has any one bothered about victims of Tsunami, that struck two years ago. Has anyone bothered about the huge donations and money raised in the name of Tsunami victims? What happened to them? Victims are yet to return to their normal life (if at all it is possible). Except showing heart rendering scenes for nearly one month or so, what has these TV channels done to their welfare? What happended to the huge money raised by these TV channels in their name? Guys realise these gimmics and protest strongly against such gimmics.
R. S. Iyer
One more thing is that these TV channels get 1/3rd of the cost of SMS sent on that particular no. For example, if one such SMS costs u Rs. 3, Re. 1 will get to the TV channels and that is why you see all such SMS contests/Voting etc. going on 24*7.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

One more thing is that these TV channels get 1/3rd of the cost of SMS sent on that particular no. For example, if one such SMS costs u Rs. 3, Re. 1 will get to the TV channels and that is why you see all such SMS contests/Voting etc. going on 24*7.

Best Regards,
--Ashish
I personally hate the media. In India it's as bad as the government:eek:

C

CreditViolet

Best Regards,
--Ashish

Ahh..Now I get it :D

RSI

What a co incidence. I read a news item in today's Business Line which says that Government of Kerala has diverted the funds raised in the name of Tsunami victims to some other purposes. CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General) office has scolded Kerala Government for doing this. If this is how State Government is treating Tsunami victims, we can very well guess the fate of funds raised by TV channels and others in the name of Tsunami victims. Mera Bharath Mahaan!