Self Help & Misc. Instresting Stuff.

vijayanscbe

1. A shop sells chocolates @ Rs 1 each. You can exchange 3 wrappers for 1 chocolates. If you have Rs 15.... How many chocolates can you have in all?

simple puzzle

2. What mathematical symbol can be put between 2 and 9, to get a number bigger than 2 and smaller than 9?

another simple one, little tricky you can try with following mathematical symbols + - * /.

3. Two fathers took their sons fishing. Each man and son caught one fish, but when they returned to camp there were only 3 fish. How could this be? (None of the fish were eaten or lost or thrown)

This puzzle is solved in my school, but in different version.

4. You are near the water fountain with two jugs with no other markings. One has 3 liter and the other 5 liter capacity. However, you want exactly 4 liters of water. How can you do this using the only two jugs with you?

This is also solved in school, and in the film "Die Hard with a Vengeance" :lol:

5. Below is a a sequence of numbers, according to a sequence :

1 11 21 1211 111221.

The Question: What is the next term in this sequence?
This one is new to me.

1 11 21 1211 111221 looks like

1 2 3 5 8 adding last two digit comes 13. if thirteen is written using only 1 and 2. then 222211111 (am I crazy :lol:).

How to opt out of whatsapps data sharing with Facebook.

Go to Settings > Account > Share my account info, then simply uncheck the box:

vijayanscbe

No will be 1113213211

Not solved by me but power of googling...:p

However it's very interesting sequence forming. Not mathematically but logically.
Still with power of googling your answer is wrong :p.
I gave up and summoned the satan(googl) for help. :D

The last numbers in the above series has
three 1 two 2 one 1 , so answer is 312211 .

apegaonkar9

Just as a curiosity how many members of TRADERJI.COM are with engineering background and active in market ?
I am having it.
Hopefully market will be open on Monday in cautiously optimistic!

DSM

Answers in blue....

1. A shop sells chocolates @ Rs 1 each. You can exchange 3 wrappers for 1 chocolates. If you have Rs 15.... How many chocolates can you have in all?

Ans : 15+5+1+1=22

2. What mathematical symbol can be put between 2 and 9, to get a number bigger than 2 and smaller than 9?

Ans : Decimal. 2.9

3. Two fathers took their sons fishing. Each man and son caught one fish, but when they returned to camp there were only 3 fish. How could this be? (None of the fish were eaten or lost or thrown)

Ans : Grandfather, Father, Son and hence 3 fish

4. You are near the water fountain with two jugs with no other markings. One has 3 liter and the other 5 liter capacity. However, you want exactly 4 liters of water. How can you do this using the only two jugs with you?

Ans : There are two ways to solve this. Here's one : Fill 5 liter jug first, pour contents in 3 liters jug, and then empty it. Now you have 2 liters of water, which pour in 3 liter jug.

Next, refill the 5 liter jug. Now from this, fill up the 3 liter jug, which will accept only 1 liter of water. Hence, 5-1, you will have 4 liters water remaining.

5. Below is a a sequence of numbers, according to a sequence :

1 11 21 1211 111221.

The Question: What is the next term in this sequence?

Ans : Other than the first term the second term onwards describes the preceding sequence. E.g 1 is described as one 1 (11), which is described as two 1's (21), followed by one 2, and one 1 (1211) etc. etc.

DSM

Came across this post... which is a mind bender. Based on the war mongering of military-industrial complex, Bush invaded Iraq, egged on by Dick Cheney and other neo-cons to further their short sighted agenda.... Just one subsidiary company of Halliburton, (whose ex ceo was Dick Cheney) Kellog, Brown & Root, made a profit of 49.50 Billion dollars on military contracts. Other businesses too profited in billions from the war. But at what cost? America lost 1.60 trillion dollars in Iraq war alone. Not to mention the lives of hundreds of soliders killed and thousands injured (after the invasion) Iraqis paid a greater price for 'freedom' from Saddam, its dictator. Tens of thousands of Iraqis died, cities were destroyed, millions made homeless and even now, the country has not seen peace, as ISIS is holding on to some territory and Shia-Sunni muslims are fighting each other. Actions have consequences, and it is good to think thru and see the end result before making big decisions... And that is the reason why, the presidential election of 2016 is so very important. While George Bush Jr was idiotic and made mistakes of invading Iraq, having Trump as president makes many people shudder at the thought.... A man with a big sized ego, a man who has been proven to be thoughtless, reckless and unethical in business dealings, (billionaire more due to luck and lack of morality) a man prejudiced, prone to flip flop, without deeper grasp of issues, and make dumb statements (I would date my daughter because she is so pretty, if she was not my daughter) :lol::lol::lol: Can this man without any experience or knowledge of politics, economics or world affairs really be considered fit to be the President of the United States? Am baffled at the thought that what really started as a joke, then as an opportunity to promote Trump brand, has succeeded beyond what even Trump expected... While it is quite likely that the chances of Trump victory are quite slim, an unfortunate incident of any terrorism may improve the odds of a clown heading the most powerful nation as its president. Market is expecting Clinton victory, but if Trump wins, cannot fathom what scenarios can unfold....

DSM

A school Teacher wrote on the board the following:

9×1=7
9×2=18
9×3=27
9×4=36
9×5=45
9×6=54
9×7=63
9×8=72
9×9=81
9×10=90

When she was done, she looked to the students and they were all laughing at her, because of the first equation which was wrong. And then the teacher said the following :

I wrote that first one wrong on purpose, because I wanted you to learn something important. This was for u to know how the world out there will treat you. You can see that I wrote RIGHT 9 times, but none of you saw that but you all laughed and criticized me because of one wrong thing I did. So this is the lesson :

In the real world, people will never appreciate the good you do a hundred times, but make one mistake, and they will criticize you and never let you forget it for life.....

There was an old monk who was asking for alms from house to house. He came across a rich and arrogant person. When asked for alms, this man started abusing the monk and giving him bad words.. The monk remained cool, calm and composed however. The rich man started shouting and abusing more as he thought that the monk will lose his temper and react. Still there was no reaction from the monk. This infuriated the rich man and he went close and pushed the monk into the ground. The monk fell and all his belongings scattered. But still the monk did not say anything, collected his things and remained calm. This perplexed the Rich Man so he called him and asked the secret of the monk’s coolness.

The monk did not reply directly, but asked the rich man who was in his car. Sir, whose car is it?

Rich Man: Mine obviously

Monk: If you give me this car whose will it become?

Rich Man: I do not want to give you the car but if I give you the car it will belong to you.

Monk: Good, you want to give but I do not accept the car, then whose will it become?

Rich Man: If you do not accept the car it will be mine, obviously.

Monk: You were rude and gave me so many bad words, I did not accept any. So they are all yours!

What a wonderful message is there in this story. You can control all your emotions or let them control you. Your nature is not built in a day, in how we act, not react.

Some quotes :

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Worries does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
A moment of anger can bring a hundred days of sorrow.
Ask, and it will be given you; Seek, and you will find; Knock, and it will be opened to you. - Bible

Lots of folks confuse bad choices with destiny.
To resolve problems or life issues, you really need to know first who you are.
Peace is not the absence of conflict; it's the absence of inner conflict.
It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
Difficulties we meet in life hold the power to open us to higher consciousness.

Something to smile :

A pirate walked into a bar and the bartender said, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. You look terrible. "Now you have a wooden leg? You didn't have that before."

"Well, we were in a battle and I got hit with a cannon ball, but I'm fine now."

"Well, okay, but what about that hook? What happened to your hand?" asked the bartender.

We were in another battle. I boarded a ship and got into a sword fight. Ma hand was cut off. I got fitted with a hook. I'm fine, really."

"What about that eye patch?"

The pirate replied, "Oh, one day we were at sea an a flock of birds flew over. I looked up and one of them pooped in my eye."

"You're kidding," said the bartender. "You couldn't lose an eye from some bird poop. Could you?"

"Well, it was my first day with the hook."

New generation kids :

Son failed in exam, and showed to report card to father :

Father: Aaj Se Mujhe Papa Mat Kehna...!
Son : Oh, come On Dad, It Was Just A 'School Test' Not A "DNA" Test...!

Teacher : Murgiyo ki taange chhoti kyu hoti hai ?
Some backbencer : Sir, agar murgiyo ki taange lambi hoti to ande itne upar se gir kar toot jate na.

Teacher : Chand par pehla kadam kisne rakha?
Pappu : Neil Armstrong.
Teacher : Aur doosra?
Pappu : Doosra bhi usi ne rakha hoga..... Langdi khelne thodi gaya tha woh!!!!

Enjoy the extended weekend holiday and Happy Ganesh Chaturthi :):):)

DSM

Ganpati Bappa in our society.....

Especially for those not in the know, Ganpati festival is celebrated with great devotion in Maharashtra, especially Mumbai and in Goa. The statue of Ganpati Bappa is brought and worshipped for around 10-14 days in public pandals and sub-localities. Households though may keep Ganpati Bappa for fewer days. On the last day, the statue is immersed in water, be it a pond, lake, river or sea, with chants of 'Ganpati bappa morya pudhchya varshi lavkar ya' Ganesh Chathurthi is now also celebrated abroad in cities with large number of Indian population such as London, Paris and in many cities of US....