SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

Riskyman

Yes. I have connected with various NRI Traders with other forums too. I have just interacted with someone who have trading experience in US.

He confirmed that in US actually there is no such strict rule to deposit 25,000 USD. Most of the brokers are asking for only 2000-5000 USD deposit in the trading account and traders need to sign a document that they are fully aware of the risk and can compensate if any losses occurred. That's all. :)

Nothing like anything SEBI is doing! :mad:
In most parts of the western and eastern world, one can start a forex trading account with as little as 50 USD. Nowhere in the world any broker/regulator is asking for minimum funds or a net worth certificate. SEBI is coming up with absolutely crappy regulations. I think SEBI better use the tax payers money in coming up with better regulation with respect to how promoters dress up their balance sheets before going public with an IPO.

PS: This move by SEBI if implemented can be challenged in the court of law. Someone should do it as even mutual funds are subject to market risks. So why allow mutual funds?

imo,they wont put any restriction on daytrading equity because it gives huge money to Govt.
brokers also make huge money from day traders and many other jobs are dependent on this.
pls tell me-CNBC ab kon dekhega?

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
News Report:-

A full-time trader, who quit his day-job years ago, says plaintively: “F&O trading is my profession.
I chose to do this instead of being a lawyer, accountant or businessman.
I am fully aware that I can make losses and it is very risky, but don’t all entrepreneurs take risks?
My trading profits are treated as business income and I shell out a 30 percent tax on it.
I also pay multiple transaction taxes – STT, stamp duty. So how can the regulator tell me I shouldn’t pursue this business?”

:up::up::up:

Riskyman

I strongly believe that all of this is not SEBI's own doing. This smells so much of high handedness coming from New Delhi. Dont eat this, dont drink alcohol, dont hold your Girlfriend's hand in public ... and now.. dont trade in derivatives without net worth. This sort of babugiri is why we have to be very careful while casting our votes. I hope people of India will be more sensible next time. God save us !!!