SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

marimuthu13

Yes, I already said it, it is the time to concentrate on our trade for last few months and use our maximum potential and effort to accumulate maximum net worth.
Even for beginners, last few month track record of profit percentage even with small capital could be the escape route from SEBI restrictions. Experience, proven track record, knowledge all have value. Only net worth is nothing. NETWORTH MAY COME FROM NON TRADING RELATED FIELD.

On the other way every pro traders was a beginner, almost most of the traders lose money in trading in initial stages. With time and experience, they progress. Banning the beginners from the trading mean STOPPING THE GROWTH OF MARKET in another way.

Personally, I was thinking USD 1 million (approx 7.5 Cr) was min cap to escape the SEBI regulations. Now thanks to the members here I knew It is about 2Cr. I am happy, that I have alternate ways to skip the SEBI regulation. But I'll fight the case together(with that petitioner whats group, above mentioned) to benefit the trading community. I know without the beginners the market is finished for big traders without the liquidity.

But, for the last few months of high leverage trading b4 such rule is implemented, we must concentrate on our trading only. Lets SEBI comes out with the detailed plan. We will try to hire the best advocates like Kapil Sibbal.

Till the date, we must concentrate more on trading.
It's time to keep our track record very high for last few months before any rule is implemented. This can help us.
Even small retailers can argue that he/she made say 15-30% in the last 6 months using small capital, which no mutual fund can match.

So, let's concentrate on trading first. If we think, in a way that, our trading days are limited, we have the only 3-4 month to prove our track record(performance) as a trader. Don't think about net worth or capital now, just think how much percentage of profit u can accumulate on a decent capital from Monday onwards.
Lets beginning the fight with our performance first. After all, the small traders who are earning on regular basis are more concerned and interacting here. So, keep your kool and try to perform at your best. Take, last 4 month as traders exam.

There is always an alternate route using last few months performance for beginners, netwoth or ITR return may not be sole criteria after it challenged by Court. Bcoz according to the report,
Globally, regulators are implementing parameters such as education as filters for investor suitability in relation to risky instruments. However, such criteria are difficult to implement in India, Sebi feels.
Only networth/ITR is meaningless when someone is earning consistently and have the knowledge to cut the risk.

Let's concentrate on trading till December at least from Monday(20-8-2018). :) Set periodical targets try to achieve them. Use brick by brick strategy to accumulate profit, maintain your risk. Use high leverage with strict stop and target. Choose best possible entry point using Higher Time Frame charts. Use 3day 5 day breakout, use various type of scanner to scan best opportunity. Look sector wise stock performance. Usually, 2-3 sectors make swing trades for 2-3 days either maximum gainers or maximum losers. Use your maximum potential.
we will have to see what happens..considering the fact almost 50 percent of volume from retail traders ..any serious restrictions will lead to serious crisis of liquidity and implosion of derivative markets
Are you sure about volume coming from retailers?? Is it 50% of total volume?? I seriously doubt when we look at institutions, trading volumes ( both domestic and forgin),

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
@TraderRavi,
@vikas2131,
But, if you have to deposit at least 10 lakh, then it is already enough disturbance/barrier for trading for small retail traders.

Most of them currently trading with under 1 lakh. They refill the account whenever required. Because, of the uncertainty of return on the trading capital, most of them would not try to arrange 10 lakh even 5 lakh for trading capital.

In the USA, u just need at least 25k to open an account and start trading with most of the authorized brokers and you can continue with the losses too up to some extent(no strict rule, depends on brokers).
But withdrawing the partial amount just after initial deposit, and continue to trade with a lesser amount is not possible.

headstrong007

Are you sure about volume coming from retailers?? Is it 50% of total volume?? I seriously doubt when we look at institutions, trading volumes ( both domestic and forgin),
Yes, don't underestimate the small retailers bcoz their numbers is very big. Individually they trade with very negligible capital but with high leverage, together with few lakhs of traders, the total volume is high enough.

There was the clear report, that retailers volume is within 40-60% range. Somewhere in my hard disk, I have saved that detailed report with volumes. It was published in 2017 in pdf format. If I can find it, I'll share it later. But I remember that document was shared in Tradingqna forums.

vikas2131

@TraderRavi,
@vikas2131,
But, if you have to deposit at least 10 lakh, then it is already enough disturbance/barrier for trading for small retail traders.

Most of them currently trading with under 1 lakh. They refill the account whenever required. Because, of the uncertainty of return on the trading capital, most of them would not try to arrange 10 lakh even 5 lakh for trading capital.

In the USA, u just need at least 25k to open an account and start trading with most of the authorized brokers and you can continue with the losses too up to some extent(no strict rule, depends on brokers).
But withdrawing the partial amount just after initial deposit, and continue to trade with a lesser amount is not possible.
That amount of 25k is only for day trading.

That is why i have my doubt about minimum account...net worth is what will be used to stop people from over leveraging ...Net worth certificate would be enough to throw a large no of retail traders out of derivative market

Last edited:

vikas2131

@TraderRavi,
@vikas2131,

https://www.thebalance.com/day-trading-restrictions-on-us-stocks-1031352

SEBI already mentioned the word equity investing also. They want to stop delivery based leverage also (like 4X with Samco cash plus).
Don't know about intraday cash equity trading, this is the only section they don't mention directly. This is also legally under 'speculation' - separate income tax category. Another target was to shift to the F&O volume to cash market so intraday cash section may skip strict restrictions.
But SEBI repeatedly said, they are worried about excessive speculation, so 10x-20x intraday cash leverage days may be over soon. :oo
But, only few hope for small traders still exists in this 'speculation' category - 'intraday cash trading'.
SEBI may not completely ban to participate in all form of trading for small traders or investors bcoz there is also pressure from brokerage houses. Still, the intraday cash trading section is the only ray of hope for small retail traders.
if they put restriction on equity intraday cash market speculation by networth or ITR based compulsion then i am almost finished
and if they put a jammer on leverage on daytrading cash market then how many shared i'd be able to buy in 50,000-70,000 capital?

headstrong007

headstrong007

That is why i have my doubt about minimum account...net worth is what will be used to stop people from over leveraging ...Net worth certificate would be enough to throw a large no of retail traders out of derivative market
Yes. I have connected with various NRI Traders with other forums too. I have just interacted with someone who have trading experience in US.

He confirmed that in US actually there is no such strict rule to deposit 25,000 USD. Most of the brokers are asking for only 2000-5000 USD deposit in the trading account and traders need to sign a document that they are fully aware of the risk and can compensate if any losses occurred. That's all. :)

Nothing like anything SEBI is doing! :mad:

headstrong007

Just think about the base of that report, SEBI mentioned the word "product suitability". It's not about something like the over-leveraging.

It's just like, they want to kick out some small retailers from the F&O market by stating that this product/segment F&O trading is NOT SUITABLE for you. :madi: