SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

bpr

Thats because the derivative volumes in BSE is very thin. Most of the derivative play happens on NSE
it does not matter they still have a futures exchange and they need to abide by any margin policy by sebi..
Look closely it is by NSE alone ...they have mentioned with discussion with sebi ...does not mean by SEBI
See The distinction between SEBI and NSE is getting blurred ... Houston we have a problem

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
This was a circular by NSE.
Till date, there is no such news from MCX.
Mera ek kidney tumhara naam.

And to all gyani - guni, tell me one thing - if the market closes down tomorrow forever, will you commit suicide? no na. so why so much perturbed about SEBI's move? Will see whatever happens. Boss no one opens a shopping mall to ask that shoppers are not allowed. Gate might change and some limits. That's itni panic to 2012 movie ne bhi nahi kiya tha. Take chill pill guys. Relax. Aisa chala to F&O band hoga ki nahi pata , heart ki desease jarur hogi. Lets stop panicking.

headstrong007

Mera ek kidney tumhara naam.

so why so much perturbed about SEBI's move?
:)

We are just trying building up a protest against such trader unfriendly strict regulations by SEBI.
If something worst happens like linking to net-worth for intraday exposure too, then we may need to fight the case together.
Traders are no so helpless, and unity is the strength so we need to keep the thread alive as long as final this net-worth linking rule fails. :D If failed this time too, then peace for the next 5 years as SEBI bring it every 5 years.

Usually, only profitable traders will come for active participation (fight the cases etc) if required. So I don't expect much participation also until their profession is in real danger ie net-worth linking to limit every type of exposure.

I think maybe NSE already made a deal with SEBI by increasing 30-50% margin positional basis. Worst may not come.
Practically it is very difficult to limit the exposure for day traders. As a day trader, I m less worried.
It is also difficult to limit exposure for options buyers as they are paying only the price of the premium.

Let's see the development.
Looking for 18 Sept SEBI Meeting, even more confidently after Additional Surveillance Margin in Equity Derivatives Segment.
:DD I think NSE already made a secret deal so that any strict net-worth based exposure may not come.

Tuna ji, trading is going on as usual. Even we are making more profits using the last few days of high leverage days.
The strict net-worth rule finally may not come but we may get used to high intraday leveraged trades. We are trying to increase net-worth as much as possible.
Maybe the market is also reacting to these high volumes, and SEBI bad decisions on FPI too.
Last few days there was 1200 pt fall in Bank Nifty. SEBI just pushed the volatility button for September month.
Everyone know volatility favors the bears. :)

I have increased position size much higher using intraday leverage. Making more due to SEBI. Want to increase my net worth rapidly. This is the example that we can make a bad thing as a positive thing also.
Everything is in our mind, and we successful traders used to control our mind. Is not it? So, we can produce better performance with SHABBY PRESSURE too. I am the live example of that.

Tuna ji,
Successful traders ko heart disease to nahi hota hai, they just react to the market, always tension free. Famous traders are active above age of 80+. George Soros married at 83. ;)

Happy Trading.

Last edited:

headstrong007

Extending-trading-hours is giving a headache to SEBI. Maybe only Index trading will be allowed in the first phase.
Maybe, SEBI want to bring more regulation to cut the retailers participation in F&O before the start of extending trading hours, hence want to delay it now!

SEBI wants exchanges to consider brokers’ views before extending trading hours
NSE and BSE had submitted a plan to extended trading hours till midnight from October 1. On May 4, SEBI had agreed to increase timings for equity derivatives trading to 11.55 pm.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...s-before-extending-trading-hours-2929301.html

vikas2131

Extending-trading-hours is giving a headache to SEBI. Maybe only Index trading will be allowed in the first phase.
Maybe, SEBI want to bring more regulation to cut the retailers participation in F&O before the start of extending trading hours, hence want to delay it now!

SEBI wants exchanges to consider brokers’ views before extending trading hours
NSE and BSE had submitted a plan to extended trading hours till midnight from October 1. On May 4, SEBI had agreed to increase timings for equity derivatives trading to 11.55 pm.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...s-before-extending-trading-hours-2929301.html
Brokers are protesting because their cost will increase . Most likely only index trading will happen.