SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader

soft_trader

MCX also has EQ segment.
That's a different entity. It is now known as MSEI (erstwhile MCX-SX). I was referring to MCX commodity segment in my post. Commodities doesn't have any spot market as such to take delivery in demat account. So it is f&o all alone. Spot market was there i.e. NSEL but that went caput long ago.

soft_trader

That's a different entity. It is now known as MSEI (erstwhile MCX-SX). I was referring to MCX commodity segment in my post. Commodities doesn't have any spot market as such to take delivery in demat account. So it is f&o all alone. Spot market was there i.e. NSEL but that went caput long ago.
Also commodity f&o market is not that mature in India. We are still price takers from the data received from international exchanges in real time. Also very low liquidity in commodity options when I last checked few months ago. So sebi won't even touch commodity market in near future IMO.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
If we go through the discussion paper of SEBI, they used words- equity and equity derivatives.
They also compared the turnover with Korea exchange.
Hence the need to restrict retail participation in Indian Stock Markets.

I couldn't find a single word describing commodity or currency derivatives.

So hopefully mcx is not touched.

Still there is no guarantee, Sebi can do anything.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

guys, just type “anmi uploads product suitability” on google. you will find ample papers submitted to sebi by anmi regarding this issue…
I think that anmi paper was posted by someone in this thread. These are amni recommendations to SEBI I think..SEBI has done their own study under a panel appointed by them and it gave a report 1 year ago and SEBI is likely to proceed on those recommendations.

Smart_trade

bpr

MCX also has EQ segment.
MSE(MCX-SX) has been a separate entity for some time now. MCX was forced to sell his stake in MSE. So technically MCX does not have any EQ now.
Now MCX wants to open its own EQ exchange(also currency segment I think) to compete with NSE as NSE opens its own Commodity segment
Also BSE will open its own Commodity exchange.
welcome to world of universal exchange
but where is liquidity?

I think nothing will change there will be
No liquidity on NSE commodity exchange
No liquidity in BSE commodity exchange
No liquidity in MCX Equity exchange

We will continue NSE NFO amd MCX commodity as usual

Last edited:

Riskyman

so this ASM thing correct me if I am wrong is by NSE alone ...
I don't see any SEBI directive on this otherwise BSE would be forced to put some notice too
Thats because the derivative volumes in BSE is very thin. Most of the derivative play happens on NSE

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Sebi’s fight with FPIs is what’s really preposterous

What’s far more preposterous is Sebi’s haphazard policymaking process, which in this case has culminated in a public argument with part of the FPI community

At the end of the day, the capital market regulator’s new rule is another attempt to put blanket curbs on an entire market segment, to hide its ineptitude in nailing those who violate its rules (bit.ly/2Cn8w8y). The need of the hour at Sebi is better enforcement and less mindless rule-making.

Read more at-

https://www.livemint.com/Money/PYOY...t-with-FPIs-is-whats-really-preposterous.html