SEBI allowed to extend F&O trading till 11:55 p.m from Oct. 1.

kingsmasher1

If it really happens, cool !!!! :cool::cool:
My next job, happens to be working from office and have to start from home at 8 am to avoid huge Bangalore traffic, which means totally stop day trading and switch to commodities.

Finally, great news at great time ;);););)

The downside might be volatility might decrease a lot. Also, what i wonder is, if the underlying (cash) is not traded, and only the derivatives is, how will the price gap manage?

Last edited:

cinderblock

Sebi has since 2009 allowed cash market to be open till 5 pm. None of the exchanges have followed up thus far mainly because of brokers opposing it.

Do the majority of brokers believe it's profitable to be open till midnight?

Last edited:
Sebi has since 2009 allowed cash market to be open till 5 pm. None of the exchanges have followed up thus far mainly because of brokers opposing it.

Do the majority of brokers believe it's profitable to be open till midnight?
MCX had started trading EQ till 5pm. They did it for about 2-3 days before shutting it down :)

amrutham

If exchanges extend derivatives trading time, what impact its going to have on option premiums?

I guess premiums will remain same, since increase in trading time is offset by expected reduced overnight risk for option writers.

If exchanges extend derivatives trading time, what impact its going to have on option premiums?

I guess premiums will remain same, since increase in trading time is offset by expected reduced overnight risk for option writers.
So will it have an impact on profit taking rates?

Sent from my SM-J210F using Tapatalk

jagankris

6.15 hours to 14.5 hours of trading so more than twice trading duration so i guess options premium will increase by 30 to 50% more

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Day traders need to readjust their strategies.However the basic human emotions of greed and fear is going to remain the same.No worries.When the time comes we will change strategies accordingly.

Day traders need to readjust their strategies.However the basic human emotions of greed and fear is going to remain the same.No worries.When the time comes we will change strategies accordingly.
it is worst thing that is going to happen .due to greed and loss people will continue to sit befor screen for long hours.it will completely ruin there family and social life and worst effect will be in there health. now a subbroker have to work so long. i can gurantee u that due to this move profit of traders and investors will not increase only exchanges profit and taxes and brokers profit will increase. even today high volume in trading is between 9 to 11 am and after that 2 to 3.30 pm. between these time there is very little volume. so there is no lack of time for trading present time is more than enough.during working hours in any kind of job people meet with other but here a trader has to do his job in isolation.only after market closer he can live his social life. this move will further isolate him from society

it is worst thing that is going to happen .due to greed and loss people will continue to sit befor screen for long hours.it will completely ruin there family and social life and worst effect will be in there health. now a subbroker have to work so long. i can gurantee u that due to this move profit of traders and investors will not increase only exchanges profit and taxes and brokers profit will increase. even today high volume in trading is between 9 to 11 am and after that 2 to 3.30 pm. between these time there is very little volume. so there is no lack of time for trading present time is more than enough.during working hours in any kind of job people meet with other but here a trader has to do his job in isolation.only after market closer he can live his social life. this move will further isolate him from society
Not unless if you follow some strict rules. Like limiting your trades for a few hours only and not to full day. Be satisfied with a smaller % profit instead of that big scalp.

Sent from my SM-J210F using Tapatalk