Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

umeshmandal

Hello Einstein
is there any way to find out whether any institutional investor bought/sold a script at the end of the day. I know this can be found in quarterly shareholding pattern but is there any way to find it for a day? Thanks
On this page in NSE one can find a variety of Daily Reports, including Block delas, Bulk deals, FII,DI activity reports. These are all updated on EOD basis. There are links to Archieves too. Have a look , may be useful :

http://www.nseindia.com/products/content/all_daily_reports.htm

umeshmandal

For the end of the day, it don't think it is possible. Block deals are on the NSE website. Other than that for changes in shareholding the best you can do is check the shareholding pattern every quarter. Easily available by contacting the company or you can check on money control.

I didn't know that the company had to explain high volumes to SEBI. Please tell me about this.
Block deals also done on BSE ! Have a look here for 7th Feb report.

One of the entry is : Rakesh Junjhunwala bought 372544 shares of Aptech.
There also an entry : Aptech Investment sold ~6 lakh shares.

These reports are updated EOD

Einstein

Some information on US equity market.

Schedule 13D is an SEC filing that must be submitted to the US Securities and Exchange Commission within 10 days, by anyone who acquires beneficial ownership of more than 5% of any class of publicly traded securities in a public company. A filer must promptly update its Schedule 13D filing to reflect any material change in the facts disclosed, including, among other things, the acquisition or disposition of 1% or more of the class of securities that are the subject of the filing.

13D filings allow the investing public to see who a public company's large shareholders are and, perhaps more importantly, why they have an interest in the company. These filings may be a precursor to hostile takeovers, company breakups, and other "change of control" events.

Form 13F is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under management of, as required by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These investors include banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, investment companies, foundations, and pension funds. Form 13F only reports long positions. Short positions are not required to be disclosed and are not reported.

Not able to lookout at any information on Indian equity market fillings.

Mr.G

Some information on US equity market.

Schedule 13D is an SEC filing that must be submitted to the US Securities and Exchange Commission within 10 days, by anyone who acquires beneficial ownership of more than 5% of any class of publicly traded securities in a public company. A filer must promptly update its Schedule 13D filing to reflect any material change in the facts disclosed, including, among other things, the acquisition or disposition of 1% or more of the class of securities that are the subject of the filing.

13D filings allow the investing public to see who a public company's large shareholders are and, perhaps more importantly, why they have an interest in the company. These filings may be a precursor to hostile takeovers, company breakups, and other "change of control" events.

Form 13F is a quarterly report of equity holdings by filed institutional investment managers with at least $100 million in equity assets under management of, as required by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These investors include banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, investment companies, foundations, and pension funds. Form 13F only reports long positions. Short positions are not required to be disclosed and are not reported.

Not able to lookout at any information on Indian equity market fillings.
Im just gonna buy books on securities law and securities taxation. Those two are my weak points. Any suggestions which ones I should buy?

Einstein

Portfolio: 2013

I had already told before that asian paint, apollo hospital, dabur were expensive but fine companies, i was right.

Einstein

Portfolio 2014

Nerolac will just do fine in long term, but it is also expensive,
Wabco and Vardhman Are cheap but does not score 5/5 in my list, only few stocks like alembic, amararaja, marico etc.. do.