Reliable/trustworthy discount Brokers

I have two trading accounts, one with full fledged broker another with a discount broker. On comparison of brokerage, discount broker is 5 times cheaper than full fledged broker with double the number of trades than full fledged broker. My trading account is growing with discount broker. Now I am in confusion to what extent I can have trading account with him. Means safety. How to judge and what should be criteria for reliable broker. L:ike CRISIL/CARE ranking whether any ratings available? What is touch NSE alpha? Ashwini Gujral, a leading trader is having account with Zeroda. I do not know how big it is.

Traderji has many experienced traders. Chittorgarh.com is running http://www.topsharebrokers.com/ site, who owns this traderji forum. Can anybody guide, how to select a safe, cheap, good broker? I do not want analysis, tips, recommendations, research etc. All of them irritates me. My need is trouble free trading on the go, mobile trading.
Interactive brokers is also a discount broker now. Zerodha unfortunately has had too many platform issues for far too long.
I agree with TraderBullet. If you don't want to go for NSE membership then Interactive Brokers could be considered since they're just as big or bigger than many "full-service" brokers but charge discounted brokerage; so, they're great on account of safety as well as brokerage. Their platform is head & shoulders above the rest of the Indian brokers, especially for those looking to get good fills on larger orders. If you're a positional trader or an investor then they also have GTC order-type, which means that one doesn't have to set SL & TP every morning for a continuing trade.

How do you get better fills with IB ? Have you used any of their execution algos ? thanks
While I've used Relative orders for stocks in the past, I mostly use Conditional orders since I day-trade only one lot of stock-futures but if someone wants to trade stocks in very large quantities or even many lots of futures then there are unique order-types to get better fills, depending on the trading strategy, like Scale orders for passive pullback strategies, Relative orders for aggressive strategies, etc.

cloudTrader

But, how will you get trading platform and backoffice related things if someone goes for NSE alpha membership?
For Trading Platform , Alpha members get NEAT , managed by NSE & connected directly to NSE servers. Regarding backoffice I also have not come across much information but being a NSE member there must be some kind of arrangement to facilitate ease of business.