Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

sr114

Which backfill of index data to depend?

From ZT's index data or from Google CNX NIFTY [ intraday data]

and the difference between them (spread = ZT index data - Google CNX NIFTY data)

comments please

[Google download of index data is easier 1 ]

Last edited:

shirajroz

@Shankar,

Time format line is missing in Settings.ini. Prevents RTDMan from sending Index Value to Amibroker.
Hoping dat ShankarJi will come up wid a new Release soon wid modified settings, wish to make a Feature Request (IF at all It is POSSIBLE).
Most of us experienced dat sometimes RTDman.exe stops without any reason and if it happens whn v r away from monitor, V lose data & it is disastrous if v r charttrading Real Time.
Hence Humble Request is to add an option to Enable Auto Restart RTDman.exe whn stopped (dont even know whether it is POSSIBLE).
Thank u Masters .

Rgrds
Shiraj

ram2010

Hoping dat ShankarJi will come up wid a new Release soon wid modified settings, wish to make a Feature Request (IF at all It is POSSIBLE).
Most of us experienced dat sometimes RTDman.exe stops without any reason and if it happens whn v r away from monitor, V lose data & it is disastrous if v r charttrading Real Time.
Hence Humble Request is to add an option to Enable Auto Restart RTDman.exe whn stopped (dont even know whether it is POSSIBLE).
Thank u Masters .

Rgrds
Shiraj

two problems iam facing-

1. every 30 minutes, program stops working error

2. During backfill, nest trader hangs and closing.

win 7- 32 bit.

TracerBullet

Thank u Masters .

Rgrds
Shiraj
I dont have this problem using standalone exe, the only time feed stops is when there is other network usage that hogs bandwidth. Nest needs some bandwidth free all the time else it gets flaky. Even regular browsing can cause spikes in network usage, esp if its image/video heavy.

josh1

two problems iam facing-

1. every 30 minutes, program stops working error

2. During backfill, nest trader hangs and closing.

win 7- 32 bit.
Thank u Masters .

Rgrds
Shiraj
I dont have this problem using standalone exe, the only time feed stops is when there is other network usage that hogs bandwidth. Nest needs some bandwidth free all the time else it gets flaky. Even regular browsing can cause spikes in network usage, esp if its image/video heavy.
I too do not have any problem with standalone as well as thru RTD. Come one TB ..! It is always a standalone exe. We just start it thru RTD.

However, I saw it crashing frequently on shiraj's PC. Though he was downloading something heavy on torrent simultaneously.

TracerBullet

I too do not have any problem with standalone as well as thru RTD. Come one TB ..! It is always a standalone exe. We just start it thru RTD.

However, I saw it crashing frequently on shiraj's PC. Though he was downloading something heavy on torrent simultaneously.
Yes, i just said as i didnt test through RTD, but there is no reason for it to be different.

Crashing could be a bug, but i dont have time to look at it now, he will have to debug if possible. I have not touched coding much since :(
torrents will not cause crash, max they might stop Nest Feed. Keep limit on torrent download speed to avoid that.

shirajroz

:):):) not fair JoshJi :):):) Torrents is my midnight activity :):):)
However i have Cobian BackUp running in the Back ground evry 1 hr and now its running evry 24 hrs since yesterday after ur suggestion.
Nevertheless i too beleive dat most of the times its Nest or my sytem dat causes crash, Hence a wishful thinking of Auto ReStart :)
Thank u Masters
Rgrds
Shiraj
P.S. - CNX NIFTY Chart is ticking smooth as butter -thank u JoshJi for ur precious time.

TracerBullet

So i tested RTD 1.25, NestPlus Backfill ran great. It seems it does not need ZT to run in foreground.

If this is the case, we can try to put some sort of automated backfill in RTDMan by calling RTD. No promises though, and only in free time.

1) For this, we will need RTD to be able to run without GUI, perhaps through input parameters to exe or through ini.
@josh/shankar, if you get free time, please check if this is possible and whether you can do it.
We should be able to call RTD exe with input parameters and without manual intervention for backfill.

2) We can try to detect missing data in RTDMan by a) keeping count of updates recieved from Nest for each minute for each scrip and comparing with some sort of average for that scrip ( or though hardcoded config ) b) by checking for large time difference between updates or any better way. This should be reliable on liquid scrips.

shirajroz

So i tested RTD 1.25, NestPlus Backfill ran great. It seems it does not need ZT to run in foreground.

If this is the case, we can try to put some sort of automated backfill in RTDMan by calling RTD. No promises though, and only in free time.

1) For this, we will need RTD to be able to run without GUI, perhaps through input parameters to exe or through ini.
@josh/shankar, if you get free time, please check if this is possible and whether you can do it.
We should be able to call RTD exe with input parameters and without manual intervention for backfill.

2) We can try to detect missing data in RTDMan by a) keeping count of updates recieved from Nest for each minute for each scrip and comparing with some sort of average for that scrip ( or though hardcoded config ) b) by checking for large time difference between updates or any better way. This should be reliable on liquid scrips.
Dream come True !!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Thank You TBji -an iDEA can change life