Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Silentshadow

Josh, Thank you very much for helping me out configure RTD. I am using the excel version presume its the old build which I'm using to push data feed to excel and from there transpose it back to amibroker (RTD - NOW-Nest-Zerodha Trader to Amibroker - TREE).

Based on the feedback I am interested to try out NOW as I find zerodha to be unstable it bumps me on & off which messes up the data and I have to truncate the whole table & backfill the data which is tedious and not a very elegant way sadly - stuff that comes free has its shortcoming and am not complaining just an observation.

RTD_google finance pull is more stable as the source is dependable and auto backfill happens which is awesome :thumb: Will be keeping an eye for more stable stuff around.

Fruits of hard-work and some collaboration from the team over here is as below

[1]

[2]

[3]

Well... I cannot cater to the fancies of each and every broker. Personally, I found NOW much stable, accurate and faster too. So I am sticking to NOW.

Nest Trader aka Zerodha Trader and similar apps are disbursed by various brokers to show that they are giving something different. Actually these are just twisted versions of Nest Trader wherein there are small changes including change of column names. Those who want to stick to Nest Trader are free to change the code. It is open source and distributed along with the RTD_1.30. If all users find that VWAP table contains Scrip Name, Date and Time, then perhaps it is worth changing code.

Even there, if it is happening for mcx only, then it is not worth it. It is better to use my older excel apps for backfill of MCX data.

Fortunately, they are not tinkering with RTD server, so there is no need to change RTDMan code.

josh1

@Silentshadow, Use RTD_1.30. It is stable and faster. Works with NOW. I am using myself. Use excel application for backfill if more than 5 day backfill required.

Silentshadow

Dear Josh,

Can you please guide me to the thread link[page] where I can read about setting up RTD_1.3. I downloaded and installed it but the folder tree doesn't have any help files or supporting files that needs to be a part of the set-up. Only instructions that I found was the one during acceptance of license which leaves me a little helpless. Any guidance would be really appreciated.

If I can get rid of excel nothing like that, its once dependency removed
May thanks for all the help till date

-------------------- as below

RTDMan =======
**C++ RTD client for Nest/NOW. Feeds Amibroker. Also included is a backfill tool to import VWAP statistics / Nest Plus Data table.**
* The tools are based on RTNOW utility by josh1. Read its instructions if needed ( Excel instructions irrelevant ). See [RTNOW](http://www.traderji.com/intraday/82...-tiger-google-yahoo-amibroker-fcharts-ms.html) * Advantages vs RTNOW - No need to use excel. Uses less resources - More accurate data as we pick up every callback from RTD * Disadvantages - Only for NEST / NOW - No GUI. Create one if you can and share under GPLv3. Only need to setup some files and run exe anyway
#### Instructions 1. Setup Amibroker DB (intraday settings) and Nest as explained in josh1 RTNOW instructions 2. Copy rtd.format, backfill.format to AmiBroker\Formats 3. Read and Setup settings.ini in RTDMan / ABBackFill For 'Now' make sure to change RTDServerProgID value to Now.ScripRTD along with scrip ids / field ids 4. Once setup is done, run the exe ( For Backfill, Fill the data in VWAP.txt/DataTable.txt first )

@Silentshadow, Use RTD_1.30. It is stable and faster. Works with NOW. I am using myself. Use excel application for backfill if more than 5 day backfill required.

Can you pls share that excel backfill application link, can it work at the same time RTD 1.3 working?

Silentshadow

You can used RTD 1.3 to backfill data from nestplus. However if you have data handy spanning more than 21 days and need that pushed to ami then yes would suggest you to use the excel files available for backfill depending upon the terminal that you use. Link would be the same that we have on Josh's signature - My 2 cents

Can you pls share that excel backfill application link, can it work at the same time RTD 1.3 working?

josh1

Dear Josh1

Thanks for RT1.3 you save my money every month.
can you develop automated trading software for Nest/Now
thanks
Akalya
No plans at present. You can look here

Rehab

Josh Sir,I use your utility and it was working/processing absolutely fine so far.
But these days RTNow hangs while working/processing.Out of 6 trading hours it works for only 2.5-3hrs and excel sheet hangs a lot.I have to close it by Ctrl+Alt+Del and end process.
What could be the reason? I have 4GB RAM.

pls reply.

Last edited: