Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

Would be interested to know your reasons for opting for 1 min candles instead of the previous arrangement
There were frequent network interrupts. Backfill after that would take longer time especially in case of open charts, since Amibroker would have to delete 60 bars per minute of bars replaced. Backfill is much faster for 1 bar per minute. Comparing with Data Table / Vwap Stats also became easy. Database becomes compact, 375 bars per day.
Now my charts are refreshed every second. Last minute bar changes shape every second as per H,L and C.

Its always better to include all associated markets when opening a new account (even if one does not trade them) because the charges are the same and one also economizes upon effort of duplicating the paperwork rigmarole all over again when adding on a new market down the line
Yes .. but my broker did not have CDS.
Yes, though the actual implementation is slightly different because of the two thread system by TB
You have not read my new code :). If you give me the line as it appears in settings.ini, I shall incorporate it.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Am still chugging along with the original version :)
The only changes I made were spot Index data pick up and reverting to (hardcoded) 3 sec refresh from 1 sec (since didn't find any tangible benefit in reducing refresh interval

TBH have never encountered the 15:29:59 phenomena. Are you using continuous settings in ami database as opposed to defined market timings?

The bell idea is a nice one. Any datafeed utility ought to have a warning notification for dataflow interrupts

Regards,
i never had the issue with ZT but it started happening with NOW. RTD sends yesterdays close as first tick before market open which is fine but we save it as todays quote.
Bell - Needed it because ZT performance degraded. Eventually had to move to NOW.
I dont face any more issues now, so ill maybe put it back in github over weekend and people can merge new commits if they like. I am only keeping stuff that i need, so josh version will be more up to date from now.

josh1

@josh RTDMan Installer with changes updated on google drive ?
Not yet, I want to do some changes to RTD. It is uploaded as RTDMan_1.0.zip. Extract RTDMan.exe from Binaries and replace original.

Thanks for this thread.
I am using Amibroker and the EOD getting from Yahoo. I like to get real time data with minute interval.

- "Please note: - Real time data and backfill depend totally upon your terminal and broker. " -- I am having account with Zerodha in which way it is related to get data in my system.
- FYI i am using windows 8.1

Thank You

josh1

Thanks for this thread.
I am using Amibroker and the EOD getting from Yahoo. I like to get real time data with minute interval.

- "Please note: - Real time data and backfill depend totally upon your terminal and broker. " -- I am having account with Zerodha in which way it is related to get data in my system.
- FYI i am using windows 8.1

Thank You
Download -- Read Tutorial - Setup Instructions and set it up.

josh1

1. "Trading Symbol must be present Market Watch"
2. "Error: variable must be of type object"

Recently, my WinXP developed problems so I replaced it with year old backup.
Backup was having Nest Trader 3.10.
I started getting first error whenever I clicked for backfill.
If I ran RTD as administrator, I would get the second error.

Both are common errors for new users.

Both errors vanished when I installed ZT 3.11. Probably, it required a reinstall.

Thereafter could get only 15 scrips from Market watch. This error went away when I closed RTD and restarted 2-3 times.

Hello Josh Sir/tracerbullet

I have been using NestRTD of Josh since its launch and was working perfectly.
I used to use NowBackfil.xslm for backfilling manually.
I did not try RTDMAN as NestRTD was working fine and i had no issues with that.
I formatted my system and installed Windows 10 pro yesterday.
Installed MS Office 2007, Checked Macros,Trust Settings and all other options as required.
Installed required system files like dotnet,java,VC distributable files,flash players,etc
Installed NSENOW 1.13.2.0 and nestplus 2.9.0
Copied file formats to amibroker folder.
Set the market watch settings as required.
Amibroker,Excel,NSENOW are selected to Run as adminstrator
NestRTD was installed in D:\ earlier , so the settings are not changed and its the same.
Settings.ini file in NestRtd file has been checked again. File paths are correct.
Now when i run NestRTD, nothing happens and i dont get any window
IN the error log file it shows as "Now.ScripRTD - IScripRTD object creation error. Nest down? "

Could you please guide me any steps to be followed