Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Hi Guys,
Sorry for asking a basic question. I have installed Zerodha NEST/NestPlus 3.16 and Ninja Trader 8.
Now I'm trying to install Josh RTD 1.6 to get the real time data feed to NT8 . but unable to configure RTD 1.6 ,
I have referred the below link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uzbjo9hx...or installation?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

could some one help what setting I need to do in RTD 1.6 to get connection details in NT8 or please point some docs.
thanks a lot

Hi,
I have installed Nest, RAM disk, Amibroker, RTD man all as per instructions in the video. The problem is I have only Tata Steel in my MW. But in Ami it is giving me data for Nifty 50 and I have no data for Tata Steel. In the ini file, it shows :

Scrip1=Nifty 50;Nifty 50;Index Value;;

Scrip5=nse_cm|TATASTEEL-EQ;TATASTEEL;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest;

Also attaching the image.

RTD NF.png
RTD NF.png

@Krushna
Click startRTD in backfill window before you go for realtime quotes or for a backfill (if there is a change in MW).
If still doesnt work, then restart your system and check

@Krushna
Click startRTD in backfill window before you go for realtime quotes or for a backfill (if there is a change in MW).
If still doesnt work, then restart your system and check
Tried this, doesnt work. The surprising thing is Nifty is not present in MW, TS is there and in Ami only Nifty 50 is being shown and updated but TS is nowhere to be seen. :(

I Have 2 IDs with TSO. I logged in with the other ID and have only TS, Hind Petro and Yes Bank in this MW. Still RTD is giving data fpr Nifty 50 only

Last edited:
Try editing ini file as and save
(Though one should not edit it)

Scrip1=nse_cm|TATASTEEL-EQ;TATASTEEL;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest;

Shall I delete this:

As Nifty is also shown as scrip1. Is it ok to label both as scrip1?

Hi,
I have installed Nest, RAM disk, Amibroker, RTD man all as per instructions in the video. The problem is I have only Tata Steel in my MW. But in Ami it is giving me data for Nifty 50 and I have no data for Tata Steel. In the ini file, it shows :

Scrip5=nse_cm|TATASTEEL-EQ;TATASTEEL;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest;

Also attaching the image.

View attachment 29955 View attachment 29955
@Krushna, you have not mentioned whether the quote swap you're facing is happening while back-filling or while RTD. Anyways since the shared screenshot shows Nifty50 only and not TATASTEEL in the console window while RTD, below are four errors which I can see that might make RTD faulty.
1) Notice you have Scrip1 for Nifty 50 and Scrip5 for TATASTEEL. The Scrip number must be sequential (also avoid an extra line between two scrips).
2) There must be no space within Amibroker symbol. The first "Nifty 50" in Scrip1 refers to the Index in NEST and the space there is legit but for the second "Nifty 50" in Scrip1 refers to the Amibroker symbol which must not contain any space.
3) Amibroker symbols should be in Uppercase. Although it won't throw an error but for convention sake.
4) You have placed an unnecessary semicolon( ; ) after Open Interest for TATASTEEL. But for Index Value you need two semicolons at the end the way it is now.

So the correct format would be:
Code:
Scrip1=Nifty 50;NIFTY50;Index Value;;
Scrip2=nse_cm|TATASTEEL-EQ;TATASTEEL;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest
This should get RTD correct. Would suggest removing the incorrect symbols from Amibroker and start from scratch. Backfilling is pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions correctly.

Last edited:
Shall I delete this:

As Nifty is also shown as scrip1. Is it ok to label both as scrip1?
yes, delete that Nifty line
and keep only

yes, delete that Nifty line
and keep only

It worked. data is updating in real time. Only issue now is it isnt backfilling. it says: opening DT, then opening pluschart, then opening DT again, opening pluschart. This happens for 3-4 times and ends without backfilling.

Not happening even when backfill tried with VWAP.