Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

lvgandhi

Always use VWAP for current day backfill. It is more reliable except for MCX.
I use Start time of Interval for intraday bar show as recommended by Amibroker. vwap uses end time for period. If you see one min candles, there won't be 9:15 candle in chart if you use vwap for backfilling. That is the case for me on 10/11. This is likely to twist candles by variation in higher time frame.

josh1

I use Start time of Interval for intraday bar show as recommended by Amibroker. vwap uses end time for period. If you see one min candles, there won't be 9:15 candle in chart if you use vwap for backfilling. That is the case for me on 10/11. This is likely to twist candles by variation in higher time frame.
You can change to End time before backfilling if they are consistent in their time. Anyway, you are not going to trade in past so it does not make a lot of difference.

lvgandhi

All on a sudden, my Amibroker misses all formulae,preferences like start up data folder settings, number of sheets etc. I synchronised from backup including layout, formulae including drag-drop to Amibroker folder and also backup to data folders. Still it shows as shown below.

upload jpg
Any idea why this should happen? How to normalise.

Last edited:

josh1

You have to save your layout with some name. Click on that when this happens.
You must have opened two instances of amibroker by mistake.

lvgandhi

You have to save your layout with some name. Click on that when this happens.
You must have opened two instances of amibroker by mistake.
I have saved layouts. That has not helped. Only one instance. Though problem is unknown, I had two backups of ssd using macrium reflect free and last backup also showed same problem. I used backup taken a week back and that solved the problem.

Josh1 & Shankar4kv, can we make a RTD for PI too using the available AutoIt source code?

Some lines to consider modification ( as per me ), for it to be PI specific:

Global $Title = IniRead(@WorkingDir & "\RTDMan.ini", "NestTrader", "Title", "NEST Trader 3")

======================================================
#Region .............. Set Title for Nest main window and get its handle if open
If Not WinExists($Title) Then
MsgBox(262144, "NOW/Nest Error", "Is NOW/Nest Trader Open? " & @CRLF & "If yes- Please Copy title of NOW/Nest Trader Window Title" & @CRLF & "it should match exact upto version number ")
_OnSettings()
Else
;WinActivate($Title)
$hWnd = WinGetHandle($Title) ; Get handle for NOW main window
$hWatch = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", 1003) ;Get handle of Market Watch Control
$hStat = 9999
EndIf
#EndRegion

===============================================

Also, I need to chk the Nest RTD AutoIT source code & think of tweaking the code section which was calling "Plugin Charts in Nest", as in Pi that click & option might be a little different.

Per me, rest of the code should remain as is, if the column settings can be made similarly as that of Nest.

What you guys think?

Query on the includes:
================

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <DTC.au3> >>>> This is is the RTD distribution
#include <file.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>
#include <guiconstantsex.au3>

Do we get all the other includes with AutoIt compiler by def?

Last edited:

josh1

Josh1 & Shankar4kv, can we make a RTD for PI too using the available AutoIt source code?

Some lines to consider modification ( as per me ), for it to be PI specific:

Global $Title = IniRead(@WorkingDir & "\RTDMan.ini", "NestTrader", "Title", "NEST Trader 3")

======================================================
#Region .............. Set Title for Nest main window and get its handle if open
If Not WinExists($Title) Then
MsgBox(262144, "NOW/Nest Error", "Is NOW/Nest Trader Open? " & @CRLF & "If yes- Please Copy title of NOW/Nest Trader Window Title" & @CRLF & "it should match exact upto version number ")
_OnSettings()
Else
;WinActivate($Title)
$hWnd = WinGetHandle($Title) ; Get handle for NOW main window
$hWatch = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", 1003) ;Get handle of Market Watch Control
$hStat = 9999
EndIf
#EndRegion

===============================================

Also, I need to chk the Nest RTD AutoIT source code & think of tweaking the code section which was calling "Plugin Charts in Nest", as in Pi that click & option might be a little different.

Per me, rest of the code should remain as is, if the column settings can be made similarly as that of Nest.

What you guys think?

Query on the includes:
================

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <DTC.au3> >>>> This is is the RTD distribution
#include <file.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>
#include <guiconstantsex.au3>

Do we get all the other includes with AutoIt compiler by def?
It can be done if pi supports export to excel of real time quotes. If it supports COM.
Plugin charts was basically for MCX which is slow in emitting past data.
You get all other includes if you install auto it.
You will have to check handle of all windows that are opened and also column arrangements.