Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

TracerBullet

Yes. After new Now setup (actually I struggled for more than half an hour to setup, reconfigure columns etc. I lost opportunity to short in the morning. :annoyed::annoyed:), realtime feed would not start. RTDMan started giving error "iscripRTD object cannot be created- is Nest Down?". RTD1.30 started giving error "Trading Symbol must be in Market watch"

After some more struggle I found that I have to compulsarily start RTD1.30 as Administrator. Thereafter, things work as expected.(RTDman is called thru RTD1.30)

But TB, you have no choice. Install it, other wise your old version will stop working one morning.

As for improvements, didn't notice anything. Same old app that takes long time to start and stop. My Windows 10 boots faster than NSE NOW.
1) You mean to say no RTD feed without admin? Did you start NOW with admin rights? Does excel get RTD without admin?

2) NOW loads super fast for me. Max 5-10 seconds after login. Maybe less. I do have SSD but i dont think that should matter for small application.
Uncheck options to make sure scrips are not downloaded every boot. ( Just need to do that when need new scrips )

3) btw, i wrote ordering interface for NOW ( opened thread). Still need more work but it works well for me for basic entry/stop/add management. Also uploaded all code to github. That includes a backfill tool that i use instead ( also in dev ). All in AHK though instead of autoit.

i guess ill update NOW on weekend.

josh1

1) You mean to say no RTD feed without admin? Did you start NOW with admin rights? Does excel get RTD without admin?

No I did not start NOW with admin rights. Excel get RTD without admin. Remember, we state NOW folder in Trust Center.

2) NOW loads super fast for me. Max 5-10 seconds after login. Maybe less. I do have SSD but i dont think that should matter for small application.
Uncheck options to make sure scrips are not downloaded every boot. ( Just need to do that when need new scrips )

I don,t download scrips every time. It loads faster if started before 9:00. If I start at 9:13, I definitely miss 9:15 tick.

3) btw, i wrote ordering interface for NOW ( opened thread). Still need more work but it works well for me for basic entry/stop/add management. Also uploaded all code to github. That includes a backfill tool that i use instead ( also in dev ). All in AHK though instead of autoit.

Yes. I saw that and have mentioned it somewhere in earlier pages. Haven't tried yet as I am turning to swing trading. Felt your code is quite complicated. Suggest, you use COM to retrieve current price etc. from AMI. You already have basic code in C++. I suppose you have seen Yusi's thread on Dissecting NEST API in Development of Software section.
I had started coding in AHK but turned to Autoit when I found difficulty in getting column headers of List views in AHK.

Sir I face issue while backfill ING I rename nifty Futures as nifty when I start RTD it works well but when I backfill it filled as nifty March future which is trading symbol so in setting I press space bar for long is there any way I can backfill in nifty symbol inserted of nifty future

TracerBullet

1)
2)
I don,t download scrips every time. It loads faster if started before 9:00. If I start at 9:13, I definitely miss 9:15 tick.

3) Yes. I saw that and have mentioned it somewhere in earlier pages. Haven't tried yet as I am turning to swing trading. Felt your code is quite complicated. Suggest, you use COM to retrieve current price etc. from AMI. You already have basic code in C++. I suppose you have seen Yusi's thread on Dissecting NEST API in Development of Software section.
I had started coding in AHK but turned to Autoit when I found difficulty in getting column headers of List views in AHK.
2) Dont know, For me if i a finish login even at 09:14:30 it will be open in time. 5- 10 secs max. Main time is taken by filling login.

2) Na, Dont want to touch NestPlus at all - am happy with AHK way. The api, if i remember right, does not have way to get order details. With AHK i can do anything that can be done with GUI. Only tradeoff is latency but i am not doing algo trading ...
Yes for column headers i used an external library. I like it as i can write in java/c like syntax instead of VBA like and its open source.

how u able to continue with an older version Sirji?

for me,it stucked on the update the latest NOW page like this,so I had to install new version..12% pe hi aake atak gaya tha... :mad:
It worked, dunno. Nest plus didnt though. per josh we need to do it anyway so it does not matter.

PUCHU_2500

I dont understand this new language but looks like some China Border.. :lol:

after installing new NOW setup,I'm facing backfill prob.
How u solve it?
my dear friend,
you don't need to go to china border.....if you are having same problem after installing new version of NOW you must read help file of RTD and from the very beginning of tutorial you proceed step by step to configure this utility.....I think your problem will be solved.... I have no any technical knowledge, so how I can solve it I can not say you, just followed josh1 sir's instruction......

josh1

Yes for column headers i used an external library. I like it as i can write in java/c like syntax instead of VBA like and its open source.

@Tracerbullet
Please point me to the external library

Last edited:
NOW.ScripRTD - IScripRTD object creation error. RTD Server down?

is the warning getting.

instead of scrip name in backfill list,I get this mobile like icon-

josh1

Yes. After new Now setup (actually I struggled for more than half an hour to setup, reconfigure columns etc. I lost opportunity to short in the morning. :annoyed::annoyed:), realtime feed would not start. RTDMan started giving error "iscripRTD object cannot be created- is Nest Down?". RTD1.30 started giving error "Trading Symbol must be in Market watch"

After some more struggle I found that I have to compulsarily start RTD1.30 as Administrator. Thereafter, things work as expected.(RTDman is called thru RTD1.30)
NOW.ScripRTD - IScripRTD object creation error. RTD Server down?

is the warning getting.

instead of scrip name in backfill list,I get this mobile like icon-

Start RTD1.30 as administrator. Your problem will be solved.

Next time, right+click on NOW icon and go to properties. Check in compatibility tab whether checkbox for 'Run this program as administrator' is checked. Remove the check and thereafter you will not need to run both of them as administrator.

Last edited: