Quick heal anti virus-spyware-trojan software

home reviews news downloads cnet tv On TechRepublic: 10 cool USB flash drive tricks
log in join CNET welcome, my profile log out Suggested searches All software Windows Mac Games Mobile Webware Windows Mac Mobile Webware Home Windows Software Security Software Spyware Removers Norton 360

Norton 360 3.0
CNET editors' rating:
5.0 stars Average user rating:
2.5 stars
out of 176 votes
See all user reviews Quick specs
Price: Free to try (30-day trial); $79.99 to buy
Operating system: Windows Vista, Windows XP
Date added: March 04, 2009
Total Downloads: 668,873
Downloads last week: 10,252
See full specifications
Add to my Watch List Download Now
Tested spyware free CNET editors' review
Reviewed by: Seth Rosenblatt on March 11, 2009

Norton 360 is arguably the best-known software security suite in the world, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best. However, in this latest version Symantec responds aggressively to user complaints concerning resource-hogging while including improvements in botnet detection, warnings for suspicious online retailers, and virus-definition file updates pushed every 15 minutes.

The suite includes antivirus, antispyware, antiphishing, antispam, antirootkit protection, a firewall, Symantec's SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advance Response) behavioral-monitoring software, and a vulnerability assessment tool to see what Windows updates your computer might be missing. It also rolls in 2GB of free online storage for backing up your most important files, which can be upgraded for a price. The resources manager lets you streamline your boot cycle to start faster when the computer's off. The new install time is blazingly fast, and should clock in for most users at under or around one minute.

The interface overhaul is much easier to manage, with horizontal navigation and clearly delineated categories. Advanced options are available from two text links on the top nav, Tasks and Settings. From here, users familiar with Norton 360 will find more choices than ever before to customize and tweak protection behavior. In many ways, this version of Norton 360 has finally caught up with the times. Although it may pain the cynics to hear this, Norton 360's revamped approach to security and ease of use and its emphasis on speed make the program worthy of consideration again.

Publisher's description
From Symantec :
Norton 360 delivers all-in-one security for everything the computer users in your family care about, providing automatic and transparent protection from viruses, spyware, fraudulent Web sites, phishing scams, intrusions, and the latest online threats. With a renewable subscription, up to three PCs in your household are continuously protected, safeguarding your family when they shop or bank online, play games, send email, or download files. Norton 360 also helps keep your PCs tuned for peak performance. Plus, it protects the data on them by making it easy to automatically back up and restore important files locally or to a secure online storage service. Requires high-speed Internet access. 2 GB of online storage included, with option to purchase more.

F-Secure Internet Security
Complete and easy-to-use internet security software for your PC.
Download Now

More popular Spyware Removers downloads
502,496 downloads 1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
353,494 downloads 2. Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition
103,447 downloads 3. Spybot - Search & Destroy
39,247 downloads 4. Trend Micro HijackThis
33,305 downloads 5. SpywareBlaster
See all Spyware Removers downloads

Blackberry Starter Kit
If your BlackBerry is missing these essential apps, you're missing out.
Download Now
User reviews
Average user rating:
2.5 stars out of 176 votes My rating:
0 stars Write review Showing 5 of 35 user reviewsSee all 35 user reviews

This software version | All versions

5 stars

Version: Norton 360 3.0

"Probably the Best All-in-One Protection"

by AcidBladeWar on August 8, 2009

Pros: Nice interface, high detection rates, low CPU usage, effective removal and protection, updates almost every 5 minutes.

Cons: Spam filter could be better.

Summary: Great All-in-One product and recommended to all home users with little knowledge of computers. It's extremely easy to use, and with detection and removal rates that high, it almost makes it a perfect product. However, like all programs, there are so... read more >>

Was this review helpful? YES | NO

Report this post Email this post Permalink to this post Reply to this review | Read reply (1)

4 stars

"Really effective"

by crazy1932 on August 4, 2009

Pros: I found it really effective software and would recomend this to all.

Cons: Value for money

Report this post Email this post Permalink to this post Reply to this review

1 stars
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful

"doesn't detect spyware"

by mundovelozmex on August 1, 2009

Pros: very nice graphic design,

Cons: doesn't detect spyware, identity safe doesn't keep your passwords safe

Summary: Just a few months ago, i bought a new desktop PC, my old PC was destroyed by a hacker, so i wanted to buy the best protection that i could get. When i meet norton 360 i thought... "great it's an all in one protection softwatre... with this i won't h... read more >>

5 stars

"" Don't buy it ""

by Uzbek2 on August 1, 2009

Pros: Good, very good.

Cons: KIS is better

Summary: Download it free from vbarseghyan.wordpress.com

4 stars

"Good Software"

by softwaredownload12 on July 28, 2009

Pros: Good Software

Cons: Good Software

See all 35 user reviews Write review
Thanks for your submission!

Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.

Submit your review

Norton 360 3.0
ORLog in with your Facebook account You are logged in as . Please submit your review for:

Norton 360 3.0

1. Rate this product:

(Mouse over the stars to rate this product and click to set your rating.)
2. One-line summary:
(Summarize your review in one line. 10 characters minimum; required.)
0 of 55 characters

3. Pros:
(Tell us what you like about this product. 10 characters minimum; required.)
0 of 250 characters

4. Cons:
(Tell us what you don't like about this product. 10 characters minimum; required.)
0 of 250 characters

Bottom-line summary:
(Explain to us in detail why you like or dislike the product, focusing your comments on the product's features and functionality, and your experience using the product. This field is optional.)
0 of 5000 characters

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks are prohibited.
Click here to review our site terms of use.

Submit
Submit your reply
Summary:
(10 characters minimum; required)
0 of 1000 characters

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks are prohibited.
Click here to review our site terms of use.

Submitcancel
E-mail this review
E-mail this to:

Enter the e-mail address of the recipient.
Add your own personal message:
(1000 characters maximum)
0 of 1000 characters

Sendcancel
Report offensive content
If you believe this comment is offensive or violates the CNET's Site Terms of Use, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the comment). Once reported, our staff will be notified and the comment will be reviewed.

Select type of offense:

Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language
Spam: Advertisements or commercial links
Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users
Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content
Comments (optional):

Reportcancel

download
Site map

Help center

Our software policies

Newsletters

Submit software
Popular topics
Apple iPhone

Apple iPod

Cell phones

Dell

GPS

LCD TV

Other popular topics Netbooks Palm Pre PlayStation 3 Security software Wii Windows 7 CNET sites
CNET Site map

CNET TV

Downloads

News
Reviews

Shopper.com

Other CNET sites CNET Content Solutions Crave Forums iPhone Atlas MacFixIt Tips & tricks Version Tracker Webware More information
Newsletters

CNET Mobile

Customer Help Center

RSS

CNET Widgets

About CNET

About CBS Interactive Careers Corrections Editorial Press Popular on CBS sites: Fantasy Football Madden NFL10 PGA Championship iPhone Video Game Reviews US Open Antivirus Software
2009 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy policy Terms of use Visit other CBS Interactive sites:
Select Site BNET CBS Cares CBS College Sports CBS Radio CBS.com CBSNews.com CBSSports.com CHOW CNET Find Articles GameSpot Last.fm MaxPreps Metacritic.com Moneywatch MovieTome MP3.com mySimon NCAA Shopper.com Showtime SmartPlanet TechRepublic The Insider TV.com UrbanBaby.com ZDNet

priyanvada

When my pc was infected,I have gone through many antivirus programs ... and found satisfaction level as under...

1. Kaspersky
1. Bit Defender

2. Nod 32
3. Zone Alarm
4. Avira
5. K 7 Antivirus
5. Quick Heal
8. G-Data
100. McAfee
1000. Norton :)