Propriety Trading firms in India and opportunities

Galts Gulch

Exactly as expected. if you detail out your trading strategy(99%) and leave the that 1% which makes it work, then you not giving away your edge.

Hehe this is how every good traders mind works and you answered it correctly. Your subconscious mind will never give away that 1% which makes it all work. :D

So bottom line is a profitable successful trader will never give out his strategy in detail. :)
You only answered your own question and doubt as well ...

It is THE MIND OF A TRADER that makes a strategy work ... Not the indicator Not a sheet of paper .... Mind of the trader is The Driver ... Strategy is just a road ...

throwawayacc123

You only answered your own question and doubt as well ...

It is THE MIND OF A TRADER that makes a strategy work ... Not the indicator Not a sheet of paper .... Mind of the trader is The Driver ... Strategy is just a road ...
Well, if that was the case , we would have many profitable traders.

What EXACTLY in the MIND of trader that makes the strategy works?. If its the mind that makes the strategy works , then its not really a strategy. Just a set of fancy lines on the chart.

Galts Gulch

Well, if that was the case , we would have many profitable traders.

What EXACTLY in the MIND of trader that makes the strategy works?. If its the mind that makes the strategy works , then its not really a strategy. Just a set of fancy lines on the chart.
Ignorance need not always be a BLISS ... :eek::eek::eek:

throwawayacc123

My Mind as a Trader and your evaluation of Mind as a set of fancy indicators on a chart are on different planets ...

Catch22 just answered your analysis of Mind ... :thumb::thumb::thumb:
My point was that a set of indicators is not a strategy.

and still no answer as to why & and what in the mind makes the strategy works. Is there some complex calculation you are doing in your mind to make the strategy work.

you need to clearly define what a strategy is , set of indicators on chart is not a strategy.

Since you a expert trader here , you should explain.

Galts Gulch

Indicators / Charts / Money management / emotional discipline ... Entry and exit rules ... You name it ... They are all same ... It is the Mind of a trader that decides the Reaction for all the new acts that the market springs ...
If it is not about the mind, why 2 different traders looking at the same chart/s ... Indicator/s ... Decide differently ... Why One buys and one sells ... Because their different Mind analyzes the same charts and indicators in different way ... And that is why their results will be different ... One will win and the other loses ...

This is my post in one of my other threads, if you have not read it already ...

What is Trading? .... Buying and Selling ....
Who does the Buying and Selling? ... The Trader ...
Who is the Trader? ... I'm The Trader ... This is why "I" is more important aspect of trading ...

Where to Buy and where to Sell? ... Buy at Low and Sell at High ....
Who Judges / Analyses Low and High? ... I Judge / Analyze Low and High ... "I" again ...

Where to Exit ... What is Bought and Sold? ... Nearest Resistance and Support levels ...
Who Judges / Analyses Nearest Resistance and Support Levels? ... "I" again ...

What Lot sizes, Equity allocation, MM, Exit strategy ... You choose One Question / Doubt ... Finally it is "I" in answer all over again in the Process ...

As DSM rightly said, in any trading strategy that one follows, it is the "I" which is more important because, otherwise, the respective Trader will not have confidence either to Trade or to wait for profit after taking the Trade ...

Therefore, if "I" is The Most Influential Factor in all Strategies, what about Emotional Discipline? If "I" does not control the emotional (Greed and / or Fear), who else does? ...

There is a famous Shloka (saying) in Sanskrit - "As the Rivers, flowing East or West forget that they are different, when they Merge in the Ocean, we can also become One with the God, if we forget that we are different from him"

In the same way, if we remove the distractions, if we remove doubts(more of self doubts) ... Trading will be much Easier and Profitable. Ask yourself, if there is any other business, other things being equal, easier than trading? ... You read it RIGHT ... TRADING IS EASY

While learning to drive a car, most are terrified about using two legs for three operations. Once we learn to drive, we won't even know that ... RIGHT? Why? NO DISTRACTION ... Basic aspect of driving is taken care at Sub Conscious level and Conscious Eyes and hands take care of the rest. What else we need for trading? Basic things at Sub Conscious Level and Eyes and Hands again to trade ...

Thinking too many things ... Having too many distractions ... makes Trading complex. Do not think too many things. Most of the times, FA and TA themselves contradict each other and confuse us. Take GBP for example today. With regards to the Scotland referendum, most of the Pundits argued that if Scotland stays with Great Britain, GBP will head North strongly, minimum by 400 Pips. But, what did market do? Pushed GBP pairs down the barrel ...

Thinking about too many things, contract notes, ROI, points to be earned, converting points in to Re, EOD, different analysis in the forum that one reads through, next door Warren Buffet's advice, too many indicators, where in even the actual price is roughly visible, too many indicators / things to fall in line to trade ... If one is distracted so much, how can ONE be with the Market? If a Trader can not be with the Market, who trades and how to Trade? Who removes all these Distraction? It is The Old and Gold "I" again ...

"Remove all Distraction ... Be ONE with the Market ... Be The Market ... There is nothing simpler than Trading ... For this happen, I (MIND) should be The Trader"

This thread as got pretty exciting.

Firstly Glats, I guess i have a decent explainable strategy which is profitable and good experience in live mrkts, would love to join a prop firm. Any help or direction from you in a PM would be very helpful.

As far as this chat on method goes and individualism goes i got to agree with Glats.

Reason being i have devoloped my method with years of experience and analysis so i would be confident on betting my money and would know exactly how to react after the trade is taken. would be ready to wait in loss or profit until my trade is completed. The word is "CONVICTION", "Your TRADING SYSTEM DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU DONT HAVE CONVICTION ON IT".

lemondew

Well. If one has a profitable strategy why should one work for a prop firm. Work for oneself. If there is shortage of funds rather borrow funds give interest, make more money and work for oneself. If it is about experimenting with others money to clear our concepts and find out if strategy is profitable then prop firm would be a good option. Am i missing something ?

This thread as got pretty exciting.

Firstly Glats, I guess i have a decent explainable strategy which is profitable and good experience in live mrkts, would love to join a prop firm. Any help or direction from you in a PM would be very helpful.

As far as this chat on method goes and individualism goes i got to agree with Glats.

Reason being i have devoloped my method with years of experience and analysis so i would be confident on betting my money and would know exactly how to react after the trade is taken. would be ready to wait in loss or profit until my trade is completed. The word is "CONVICTION", "Your TRADING SYSTEM DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU DONT HAVE CONVICTION ON IT".

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 3
V Metals 0