Price Action perspective using VWAP+SD and TF AMAs

blackberry

Above +1SD there is a strong up trend and below -1SD there is a strong down trend
Here in below picture,price moves from -2SD to +2SD.what we call, price moving from very strong downtrend to very strong uptrend.In this picture it is not a tradable setup, what you say about this?

backtesting 1 st Rule

Rule 1

Long Bias – above +1SD
entry: BO of 5ama take long
SL: Pvts / bar beyond 15ama when above +1SD2
Else 5ama

Above VAH there is long bias and below VAL there is short bias
If we add 5 ama to above picture it is like below.According to above rule entry is 50% correct because as you said earlier above VAH bias is positive now you are saying above +1SD long bias, but hits SL.How to deal with this dilemma of entering or not entering...

I think this rule is good only when price moves 2 to 3 pivots higher high then only 15 ama will remain above +1SD otherwise lossa hi lossa at least in intraday

I am backtesting your 1st rule,out of 11 trades lower band of 15 ama hits 8 times.27% probability success..is it sufficient ? or What more Should I take into consideration..........

"I am Still in Lab...."

pratapvb

Here in below picture,price moves from -2SD to +2SD.what we call, price moving from very strong downtrend to very strong uptrend.In this picture it is not a tradable setup, what you say about this?

backtesting 1 st Rule

This is above vah so failure of -1sd is also long

If we add 5 ama to above picture it is like below.According to above rule entry is 50% correct because as you said earlier above VAH bias is positive now you are saying above +1SD long bias, but hits SL.How to deal with this dilemma of entering or not entering...

I think this rule is good only when price moves 2 to 3 pivots higher high then only 15 ama will remain above +1SD otherwise lossa hi lossa at least in intraday

I am backtesting your 1st rule,out of 11 trades lower band of 15 ama hits 8 times.27% probability success..is it sufficient ? or What more Should I take into consideration..........

"I am Still in Lab...."
This is above vah so failure at -1SD is also long

Rehab

+1SD failure means what? pls one image for this Sir.

one more query,at some places AMA band is very wide and candles are in it,does it means NF is in a range?
and at some places AMA band is wide and candles are above it.So whats the meaning of wide and narrowness of AMA band?

blackberry

+1SD failure means what? pls one image for this Sir.

one more query,at some places AMA band is very wide and candles are in it,does it means NF is in a range?
and at some places AMA band is wide and candles are above it.So whats the meaning of wide and narrowness of AMA band?
not +1SD it is -1SD failure if you are referring my image, means it breaches -1SD from lower side and this line resistance crossed easily.so long from -1SD breach

what I understand, if wrong pratap sir will correct it

Any specific settings required. I see all the Afls are showing blank screen or full of out of bound lines. I am using 5.7 Ami version

Thanks ,
KP

Last edited:

pratapvb

Any specific settings required. I see all the Afls are showing blank screen or full of out of bound lines. I am using 5.7 Ami version

Thanks ,
KP
you have to put some price AFL first ...like ami price AFL or highvol that I shared

then the other AFLs

Rehab

not +1SD it is -1SD failure if you are referring my image, means it breaches -1SD from lower side and this line resistance crossed easily.so long from -1SD breach

what I understand, if wrong pratap sir will correct it
pls explain with the image..failure of +1SD or failure of -1SD.