Power Indiabulls Trade Calculator

Thanks for this Handy utility.
Even when stored in PIB format , while pressing the calculate button it says
"invalid input file". Iam using 3.18 ver PIB
Regards

02-Jan-06:

This utility is now Updated (Download from post #1) to show total buy quantity, sell quantity and brokerage amount. I strongly advice every Power Indiabulls user to note their brokerage and net P/L amounts at EOD and compare it with the contract note the next day. This way one can keep a check on their account and also know how much brokerage and total trade value you have paid.
The current values are set for 3 paise brokerage. i.e. 0.03% You can get your other costs (service charge, transaction tax, etc.) ratio's by dividing total traded value shown in the contract note by the respective deduction value and multiplied by 100. The resultant percentage value to be updated in the respective column of the calculator utility. Your brokerage you can know from your Relationship manager. Remember to click the save button in excel after updating these values as prompts have been disabled in the program.

sai20_2000,

Your .csv file was for trades from the F&O segment which i hadn't incorporated earlier. Sorry about that. Its now done! Please have a look and if u feel its worth while, give it to the other PIB users u know and please provide a suitable rating to this thread.

Best Reagards & Happy Trading !

pagenotfound said:
Dear Friends,

Here is a little utility I developed and use very often to get a picture of what my position is at the day end. Thought I'd share it with you all.

Good Luck Folks !

P.S.: You'd have to enable macros to get it running. I assure you that no malicious code exists in it and its absolutely virus free.

Might also work with the web based version. Please feel free to post any issues or comments on this thread.

02-Jan-06:
This utility is now Updated to show total buy quantity, total sell quantity and brokerage amount. I strongly advice every Power Indiabulls user to note their brokerage and net P/L amounts at EOD and compare it with the contract note the next day. This way one can keep a check on their account and also know how much brokerage and total trade value you have paid.
The current values are set for 3 paise brokerage. i.e. 0.03% You can get your other costs (service charge, transaction tax, etc.) ratio's by dividing total traded value shown in the contract note by the respective deduction value and multiplied by 100. The resultant percentage value to be updated in the respective column of the calculator utility. Your brokerage you can know from your Relationship manager. Remember to click the save button in excel after updating these values as prompts have been disabled in the program.
Hi Pagenotfound,
The utility you have provided is a good utility. The calculations are not correct as per PIB calculations. Example-The service tax is calculated at 10.2% of total brokerage charged. Turnovertax is calculated at 0.0133% of the value of sell value only. If you make these corrections the calculations will be all right. Hope you will make this corrections. The utility is very good one. Please let us know the corrections in your utility to download once again.
I have rated this thread. Thank you once again.
gvnarendra

gvnarendra,

Are you sure these percentages are correct ? Can somebody else clarify how
Service Tax, Transaction Tax, Turnover Tax & Stamp Duty are calculated by Indiabulls.

As per the current formula, the results are very accurate, but changing as per the formula provided by gvnarendra the output differs a lot. I've tried with contract notes of several intradays and the output is very close except for a measely difference in paise. Please let me know if it is suiting other users. Changing the code however, is a matter of few minutes. I'm a seasoned VB programmer ;-)

Best Regards.

Service Tax is now calculated on specified percentage of Total brokerage. Thank you gvnarendra for bringing it to my attention. I'm open to any more changes in making this calculator better. Please also clarify on how Turnover tax is calculated. So far however, the results are extremely near accurate. Thank You All.