Positional Trades by Raj

vishal7176

@ raj sir ,

if any drastic movement will come ....then how to secure our position.

for example .....RANBAXY. yesterday its maximum pain 350 something ...and according to that ....RANBAXY is selling candidate ....butt today it open around 10% up .

how to manage that situation sir .

plss guide on that type of situation

thank you

Cubt

Algo Trader
@ raj sir ,

for example .....RANBAXY. yesterday its maximum pain 350 something ...and according to that ....RANBAXY is selling candidate ....butt today it open around 10% up .

thank you
Thanks. Even I have the same question. As per the system, if spot price is above 5% of max pain, we should short,

Or its max oi that we need to look at? If max oi is at ce 400 and pe 300, its ideal to short around 420 for target of 350 or buy at 285 for the target of 350.

healthraj

@ raj sir ,

thank you
Thanks. Even I have the same question. As per the system, if spot price is above 5% of max pain, we should short,

Or its max oi that we need to look at? If max oi is at ce 400 and pe 300, its ideal to short around 420 for target of 350 or buy at 285 for the target of 350.
I knew this question will come because I had given the SELL Call for RANBAXY on Thursday itself. But on Friday due to some news it went UP and once again closed at the 400 levels. So I don't think there is any straight answer because this Risk is there in the Positional Trades. But if there is a Risk of GAP UP, there should also be a Reward of GAP DOWN.
So for positional Trades Take less Quantity and a Bigger stop loss and more importantly some kind of Belief in the system. If you don't believe in this system, then better not Trade. Belief and Confidence is the key in Positional Trading. Yes sometimes you could be wrong. But if you stick to your system you will finally succeed. If you have a doubt, you should first try Paper Trade, Build the confidence. Unfortunately I don't know if we can do the backtesting for this method.

For RANBAXY, Let us say to manage this GAP UP and if you are confident about your system (MAX OI Still 400), then you would have gone and SOLD Again at 415 levels when the market opened up and you would have already made 3% profit.... RANBAXY closed below 400 (398). So just believe in one System and Go with it. If you look at RANBAXY chart of Friday, you will notice that it was a Simple sell on High. RANBAXY was not fighting to cross the opening HIGH.

The problem with everybody is that we lack in that Confidence (including me). We are good in Technical Analysis et all. But we loose the confidence when we are put to Test and close our positions early and keep complaining about it later. So somehow we need to build the confidence. To build confidence it is better to take small quantities and see our winning positions and make some profit. Do not put everything in one basket. Have at least two to four positional trades. People who less money can do Options (Yes naked options). If we are able to make profit in 50% of the Trades, then in the process we will also become confident and we will also Trust our system.

RANBAXY is a good case study for your system. Let us monitor if it works as per our system

Last edited:

DSM

Healthraj,

Ranbaxy is not a HIGH VOLUME stock and relatively prone to manipulation. Hence, one needs to be careful in trading in these kind of scripts, especially in F&O as it is easy to rig up the price up or down.

Just my view. Hope it helps. BTW you are doing a great job, keep at it. God bless.

I knew this question will come because I had given the SELL Call for RANBAXY on Thursday itself. But on Friday due to some news it went UP and once again closed at the 400 levels. So I don't think there is any straight answer because this Risk is there in the Positional Trades. But if there is a Risk of GAP UP, there should also be a Reward of GAP DOWN.
So for positional Trades Take less Quantity and a Bigger stop loss and more importantly some kind of Belief in the system. If you don't believe in this system, then better not Trade. Belief and Confidence is the key in Positional Trading. Yes sometimes you could be wrong. But if you stick to your system you will finally succeed. If you have a doubt, you should first try Paper Trade, Build the confidence. Unfortunately I don't know if we can do the backtesting for this method.

For RANBAXY, Let us say to manage this GAP UP and if you are confident about your system (MAX OI Still 400), then you would have gone and SOLD Again at 415 levels when the market opened up and you would have already made 3% profit.... RANBAXY closed below 400 (398). So just believe in one System and Go with it. If you look at RANBAXY chart of Friday, you will notice that it was a Simple sell on High. RANBAXY was not fighting to cross the opening HIGH.

The problem with everybody is that we lack in that Confidence (including me). We are good in Technical Analysis et all. But we loose the confidence when we are put to Test and close our positions early and keep complaining about it later. So somehow we need to build the confidence. To build confidence it is better to take small quantities and see our winning positions and make some profit. Do not put everything in one basket. Have at least two to four positional trades. People who less money can do Options (Yes naked options). If we are able to make profit in 50% of the Trades, then in the process we will also become confident and we will also Trust our system.

RANBAXY is a good case study for your system. Let us monitor if it works as per our system

Thanks Raj for starting this thread, I would love to follow this trade for Index and stock future and options trade.

VJAY

This is the most important mistakes we traders(TA) do...when in testing time we loss confidence in our system :)

toocool

i have a request @Raj

start including reliance in your positional analysis here please , its ready to blast big time on the upside soon ,a much much bigger move is expected in it in coming weeks/months

healthraj

i have a request @Raj

start including reliance in your positional analysis here please , its ready to blast big time on the upside soon ,a much much bigger move is expected in it in coming weeks/months
RELIANCE Resistance at 900. It is basically RELIANCE Results which is Holding the NIFTY today. It would be better to Wait for a Sell opportunity in RELIANCE because normally RELIANCE goes down on Results day.

RELIANCE Resistance at 900. It is basically RELIANCE Results which is Holding the NIFTY today. It would be better to Wait for a Sell opportunity in RELIANCE because normally RELIANCE goes down on Results day.
When are Reliance results ?