Positional Trades by Raj

healthraj

Raj,

As per the OAT for TATAPOWER the MAXOI @ 80-90 range and the closing future price for october series is 81.2 and MAX PAIN @ 80. So as per the rule, is it buy or can we expect breakdown here as the max pain and support are at the same level?
TATAPOWER has been Trading near 80 for some time in the last couple of Days and went up 3%. So I think it is a BUY.

If you look at the VOLT chart you will see a BIG Tick mark which also indicates it is a BUY.

Based on the Timeframe you choose, you can decide to enter. In the 60 minute chart, TATAPOWER is forming a Triangle chart pattern. So wait for the pattern to be formed and take the call accordingly.

healthraj

Dear Raj

In OAT calculation CE is 150 and PE is 350 for BHEL. I think there is some error please lookinto .

Thanks

Maruti Mane
There is no issue with the Tool. If you look at the data in "SOData" sheet for BHEL, you will see that on the PE side, all the COIs are in Negative and so the MAX is -2000. But there are more than one strikes with the COI as -2000. So the Tool is confused. There is no perfect solution. Go for manual analysis in these cases

healthraj

As per the above Strategy,

BHEL, TATAPOWER and TCS are trading near the SUPPORT - So it is a BUY
BHARTIARTL, DLF Trading near the RESISTANCE - It is a SELL
TCS UP 2%
BHEL - Support Changed to 130 in the morning and so the Buy not triggered. So BHEL became a SELL
TATAPOWER - Still Trading near the Buy level and Above support

BHARTIARTL - 2% down
DLF - Down 3%

bapu4

Dear Raj,
I would like to put my input ,for ur review and sharpening the edge,yesterday i had studied the chart of TCS and as per the chart it was showing that it should fall below 2000 and come to about 1650 ,but since the max OI was at 2000 ,i did not short and decided to watch what happens !! Boss ,the price reversed from 2000 and went upto 2050... max pain @2100 !! So, it is giving me one more insight that why the price movement defies TA(charting), it is yet to be established and need some more observations like this but yes, i will include this issue before i enter into a trade !!

Ur comments plz !!

God bless u !!
Rgds !!

healthraj

Dear Raj,
I would like to put my input ,for ur review and sharpening the edge,yesterday i had studied the chart of TCS and as per the chart it was showing that it should fall below 2000 and come to about 1650 ,but since the max OI was at 2000 ,i did not short and decided to watch what happens !! Boss ,the price reversed from 2000 and went upto 2050... max pain @2100 !! So, it is giving me one more insight that why the price movement defies TA(charting), it is yet to be established and need some more observations like this but yes, i will include this issue before i enter into a trade !!

Ur comments plz !!

God bless u !!
Rgds !!
As per my observation, normally the Stock surely bounces at the Major Resistance or Support when it hits the First time.

For TCS 2000 was a Major Monthly support which will not be broken easily.

I don't look at the Charts to give the Resistance or Support Levels. I only look at the OI buildup in Options. But before we take the real trade it is better to see if the Stock is really moving in our direction and Trade accordingly.

Last edited:

avny

@Raj,

can u please look into Reliance capital

Max OI is at 360 PE and 370 CE

Max Pain is at 360

cmp is 350

so does it mean that it may touch 360 in this series

regards

bapu4

Dear Raj,
So i understand that ur support and resistances are derived predominantly from PE/CE MAX OI and MAX pain !! Correct ?

Also please help me understand the (CEPE VIX) volatility curve taht appears in OAT !! I feel that it talks a lot but it seems chinese for me !! For example : their convergence, divergence, intersection of PE TO CE, PE TO CEPE, CE TO CEPE etc !!

I remember about 8-10 days back u had said that CE PE are converging in IndiaVIX and Nifty may go up and it happened so !

God bless u !!
Rgds !

Last edited: