Please Review my MF SIP portfolio

Nava

Hi,
I have been investing in the following funds for the past one year and planning to continue for another 3 years.

I request seniors to review my funds and advise any switches/changes required in the funds.

Is it Ok to have equal amount in all funds or I should have more amount in large cap..?

HDFC Top 200 (Large cap) - RS 5000 PM.
Sundram Slect Mid cap (mid cap) - RS 5000 PM.
Reliance RSF Balanced (Balanced) - Rs 5000 PM.
Canara Robeco Income fund (Dept) - Rs 5000 PM
Goldbees (Gold ETF) - Rs 5000 PM (started two months before)

Nava

Nava

Your portfolio looks okay. If you're willing to take additional risk, you can switch to RSF (Equity) from Balanced, but its totally upon your financial plan.
Nikhifake,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Nikrod,

Expecting your valuable comments/sugesstion.

Thanks in advance.

nikrod

Nikhifake,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Nikrod,

Expecting your valuable comments/sugesstion.

Thanks in advance.
Actually my suggesion is same as nikhilfake's. You can switch to RSF Equity for better returns (with more risk). Rest of your funds are excellent an portfolio is well balanced between Equity & Debt / Gold.

Nava

Actually my suggesion is same as nikhilfake's. You can switch to RSF Equity for better returns (with more risk). Rest of your funds are excellent an portfolio is well balanced between Equity & Debt / Gold.
Thanks Nikrod for your quick reply.
I have a question in switching from Balance to RSF equity.

Suppose I have Rs 1 lac in balance fund, then the entire amount to be switched in a single day or I have to do it in a reqular intervel..?

nikrod

Thanks Nikrod for your quick reply.
I have a question in switching from Balance to RSF equity.

Suppose I have Rs 1 lac in balance fund, then the entire amount to be switched in a single day or I have to do it in a reqular intervel..?
Humm.. intresting question. RSF Equity's current Equity percentage is 93.37 while for RSF Balanced it's 64.70. That means you'll be investing more than 28000 in equity if you switch (for 1 lakh investment).

Naturally I would suggest a STP with tenure of 6 months.

Note that even lumpsum switching won't hurt in your case, but STP would be safer. Also consider the exit loads & capital gains while switching. If you are holding RSF balanced units for more than one year, go ahead, otherwise stay put till one year completes for your units.

Nava

Hi,
I have been investing in the following funds for the past one year and planning to continue for another 3 years.

I request seniors to review my funds and advise any switches/changes required in the funds.

Is it Ok to have equal amount in all funds or I should have more amount in large cap..?

HDFC Top 200 (Large cap) - RS 5000 PM.
Sundram Slect Mid cap (mid cap) - RS 5000 PM.
Reliance RSF Balanced (Balanced) - Rs 5000 PM.
Canara Robeco Income fund (Dept) - Rs 5000 PM
Goldbees (Gold ETF) - Rs 5000 PM (started two months before)
I would like to add one more Large cap fund to my portfolio. Right now I have Rs. 1 Lac for lumpsome investment in MF.

As lumpsom investment are not advisable, I am planning to invest them in Dept fund as lumpsom and then STP into equity fund through SIP.

I have choosen Birla Sunlife Dynamic Bond (Dept) and then STP to Birla Sunlife Frontline quity (Large Cap).

Some one Pl. advise on my plan/selection.

Is there any advantage having the Dept fund and doing STP within the same fund house..?

milind

I would like to add one more Large cap fund to my portfolio. Right now I have Rs. 1 Lac for lumpsome investment in MF.

As lumpsom investment are not advisable, I am planning to invest them in Dept fund as lumpsom and then STP into equity fund through SIP.

I have choosen Birla Sunlife Dynamic Bond (Dept) and then STP to Birla Sunlife Frontline quity (Large Cap).

Some one Pl. advise on my plan/selection.

Is there any advantage having the Dept fund and doing STP within the same fund house..?
I don't think you have a choice there - STPs have to be within same fund house. Secondly, Make sure there is no exit load charged for this STP. I think they charge exit load for withdrawals under 6 months in case of BSL Dynamic Bond.

-- Milind

PS: Debt

I don't think you have a choice there - STPs have to be within same fund house. Secondly, Make sure there is no exit load charged for this STP. I think they charge exit load for withdrawals under 6 months in case of BSL Dynamic Bond.

-- Milind

PS: Debt
Can you suggest any Debt / Liquid funds of HDFC / Reliance / BSL without Exit Loads ?