Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Subhadip Bro !!! Rightly said !!!

Guys please note down the flow

1. First set is to Identify Pivots and Trends

2. Then Draw ERLs and VRLs

3. Last Pivot Upgrades and Entries

Follow the steps and mark the entries..or else study from start whole thread..subhadip has expained it in the most simple way possible
@ all ...follow the sequence mentioned in this post.

Subhadeep has explained the method very well...I dont think it can be made simpler than this but if too much confusion in understanding then some gaps in understanding pivots, upgradation and how to trade...so I suggest reading the thread 1-2 times more ....then come to trades part.

Smart_trade

kiran_thiru

very bad day. eaten my stoploss.

5 min for trading

15min for trend identification

i can't understood is it my entries today not good.
actually as per my trading i must close half of my position @ 0.35 %. but today i did not did when i was in long. if it done that long trade would be no loss no profit.
seniors pls give your views.

Subhadip

ST bro

sorry for asking again but Subhadip bro is having different point of view(to another poster he didnt agree on green line break entry above ERL which is a pivot mph and even i think that we could buy above green line here .

you said go for collective evidences , so there is a pivot above ERL , but VPH break came later on red box (as 1st hint of trend change came after green line mph+1st VPH break )...........so is buying above green line(pivot above ERL ) will be considered an aggressive entry only ? and not 100% legit trend confirmed entry?

I have answered to Purusottam my dear friend. Not your trade question.

niftytaurus

hi
from today, 3day long break from market
I will try to post charts of FEB 2015..as according to my observation through backtesting, this is one of month when sideways days are more compare to others..so it will be beneficial to learn sideways market..
shubhadip bro, Please teach us those techniques also which helps in sideways & when not to trade..You were to write a detailed post & disscussion on it as you mentioned in some of your post
thanks

niftytaurus

so guys, it is the sideways, which is getting worse..
Is not it?

Yes, first trade is not there ...why to go long in that area?

my dear friends, all need to work on the identification of visual pivots... for identification of sideways...

Will come on a detail discussion regarding Sideways..

One easy solution is there:

Do not trade in the range of previous day afternoon range
Hi Shubhadeep bro
If Possible, can you please start that discussion this weekeend..
In above post, i was talking about the same
thanks

XRAY27

Sideways...(As per my understanding of Saint sir stuff)

We go in the direction of visual trend so..we generally try to figure out side ways in visual direction...and structure for visual sideways if trend is on upside...

image for downside will be opposite of upside.

Bottom line is when there are VP 's with in earlier VP's...then sideways market action gets into play

With the words of ST da !!!

One word of caution. Dont use VPs,mps in a horrizontal sideways period.Else it will give many whipsaws and false trades.Use sideways market tools like VWAP,Support/resistance bands,TDST etc in sideways.

Smart_trade

Last edited: