Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

PUCHU_2500

Something is being shared here from the basics and there is no compulsion that everybody should start following the method shared. If the people who say that pivots dont work...it is fine let them find out something which works for them...pivot doesnot mean pivot breakouts/breakdowns every time.Pivots are the turning points and they could be used in number of ways which are restricted by imagination and application of any trader.

If people think that it does not work, then they can start a new thread and educate people about what works...we all will be very eager to learn a thing or two from them.

Actually nothing works in the markets 100 % time...there are periods when the market is trending and the trend following methods will work in that period and there are periods when the market is non trending and there the non trending methods will work.A good trader always shifts from these market modes. There are many methods which will help a trader in non trending markets.

Markets trend only 20 % time...and all trend following traders make money in those 20 % by adding and holding their positions in a trend.In sideways period they either step aside or trade on low key and try to loose as little as possible....there are some contratrend traders who will fade the breakouts provided they can handle strongly trending periods.

But for advanced application of any technique, one must learn the basics well...and that is what this thread is doing.

Smart_trade
hope this will help many traders

PUCHU_2500

Excellent question.

one of the difficult question I have came across recently.

I will try to answer you. Pivot method is one of the best method internationally for Price action based traders.

I do not know about others, but what happened to me I can say. In the year 2010, i have started learning trading & by chance I joined Bravisa temple tree website.

The person Devid helped me learning trading. He used to trade hourly trades- flow method or somewhat similar method. Joined TJ- found the Teach a man Fish thread of Saint sir. Later that for knowledge I joined TSF. Learned my most of the learning from Saint sir in TSF. There i was helped by ST Sir, Pratap Sir, Kapil Sir and many many more seniors. In the mean time I have learned a many many indicator based trading system. Backtested almost 2000 hr. Yes at least I have done all backtesting & all indicators for more than 2000 Hr. What I have found the pivot based trading is very easy & is profitable. Started flow in Copper in MCX, was very profitable there (Method name was Swift - bY ST Sir).

Now after all these years I can tell you that it is one of the most easy but most profitable method.

there are many easy version of that too. But you will not like that, as in 15 min chart in NF it will give u 1 or 2 trade per day. but over all in whole moneth you will be profitable.

That is my history.
that means this pivot system works very well. when I get times I must go back this thread and if found some valuable posts from other members quote them here. but one thing you must know what is decline and rally. I am not trading this system for the time being but rally and decline concept is a great amazing thing for me.

VJAY

seniors , doubt in DERL . it be drawn on body of the pivot or on high of the pivot ??
you can draw what suits you :).....I mostly draw 1st point on pivot high 2nd point on body pivot

VJAY

that means this pivot system works very well. when I get times I must go back this thread and if found some valuable posts from other members quote them here. but one thing you must know what is decline and rally. I am not trading this system for the time being but rally and decline concept is a great amazing thing for me.
Pivot method workes well in trending market in sideways you will see some whips(its pain time) If you survive in sideways period(patience and not look much ledger balance etc) then you will not look back :)...but one thing sure its not make you bankrupt :) if you follow method correctly and used MM

Hi

Could someone kindly help me understand this.

For Balrampur chini mills, the price band for today is 62.3 to 76.10 (SS below).

If so is the case, how are the below orders placed. My broker isn’t allowing to place my order at all. So even in case if I’m willing to buy it at 1.7(best sell), isn’t there a way to do it?

Kindly help me understand. Thanks.

Cheers
AK

onequorauser

Hi All,

Below is the chart of ABCapital today. Had a nice entry below the PDL. Moved the SL from above the PDL to the top of little green bar after before bar 1

Eventually bar 4 took the stop out and market waltzed down as I had expected earlier. Now I could be accused of being greedy and keeping the SL too tight but the structure at bar 1 convinced me to move the SL from above PDL to where I was stopped out.

However, The query that I have is regarding re-entry. What is a good point for re-entry ? Should it be at the break of pivot 1234 or is it advisable to see if the momentum persists and enter a little below the pivot break?

1531927778221.png

VJAY

Hi All,

Below is the chart of ABCapital today. Had a nice entry below the PDL. Moved the SL from above the PDL to the top of little green bar after before bar 1

Eventually bar 4 took the stop out and market waltzed down as I had expected earlier. Now I could be accused of being greedy and keeping the SL too tight but the structure at bar 1 convinced me to move the SL from above PDL to where I was stopped out.

However, The query that I have is regarding re-entry. What is a good point for re-entry ? Should it be at the break of pivot 1234 or is it advisable to see if the momentum persists and enter a little below the pivot break?

View attachment 26720
Am sharing my view only.......first of all moving stop aggressively to agg pivot is not good in 5 tf chart....If its vertical move then its ok...but here its totally wrong ..it called as fear factor in trading ...Reentry should be same pvtlow where your unnecessery stop hits....