Physical shares nickname used

Hello community,


I have some shares of RIL which I want to demat ( The owner is my sister)

The only issue here is the name on the shares is "Mannu Khanna" (nickname , shares were purchased long back when everyone used to purchase with no focus on names) while the name post marriage is "Lata Bidada" .

The cheques and others are still being sent by the company in the name of "Mannu Khanna" . I want to demat these shares . How can I do it.

What's the best hustle free procedure?

Any kind of inputs/suggestion are gladly welcomed.
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Traderji. I am sure that some of our members will have an idea what to do in such a case.

We request you not to use any personal contact details in the post, this being a public forum.

Hope you have a fruitful participation here :)
IMO, a broker (with whom you have a demat OR wish to open a demat) will be the right person to suggest you a way out.