Pdf

DSM

I have a physical copy of his book, so will not be of use. However you can see his videos on Youtube. Also you will be able to download ppt from Google. There are no pdf of his books available as far as I know. Just to elaborate, he uses MA's which is good in trending markets - but can cause whiplash in sideways markets. Overall - recommended to learn his strategies. However - do not join any of his paid courses, as much of his tactics are explained in free ppt's and videos. Trust this helps. Good luck.

Hi Friends,

If anyone has Oliver Velez's material(books/ppt/anything), kindly share on my email id [email protected] .. please share. thanks..

Karuna

I have a physical copy of his book, so will not be of use. However you can see his videos on Youtube. Also you will be able to download ppt from Google. There are no pdf of his books available as far as I know. Just to elaborate, he uses MA's which is good in trending markets - but can cause whiplash in sideways markets. Overall - recommended to learn his strategies. However - do not join any of his paid courses, as much of his tactics are explained in free ppt's and videos. Trust this helps. Good luck.
Thanks DSM. can u suggest which strategy to learn and which book to buy to learn these strategies. honestly, his paid courses are way beyond my reach which is why i was looking for free content. and now since u mentioned not to go for his paid course, i am more happy :)

DSM

Suggest learn Price Action Trading. This does not use indicators, entries and exits are determined basis chart reading. For this, Google Nial Fuller : Learn to trade the markets. His articles are free and much recommended.

Second : Learn about Discipline, Money and Risk Management, Psychology of trading. You will find many thread on the same on TJ.

A few words that I can say : If you are new, trade with caution. It takes atleast 3-4 years of trading with discipline to make money in the markets. Keep an open mind, and learn something new each day. Most important rule : Cut losses soon. For learning chart reading - Look at the intraday charts of top 10 winners and top 10 losers and see Open/High/Low/Close, see where the market turned. After intraday, see End Of Day charts of the same. If you do this daily, you will be able to recognize profitable and re-occurring chart patterns.

Google for : Market Wizards Series, The Disciplined Trader, Trading in the Zone.

Good luck.

Thanks DSM. can u suggest which strategy to learn and which book to buy to learn these strategies. honestly, his paid courses are way beyond my reach which is why i was looking for free content. and now since u mentioned not to go for his paid course, i am more happy :)

Suggest learn Price Action Trading. This does not use indicators, entries and exits are determined basis chart reading. For this, Google Nial Fuller : Learn to trade the markets. His articles are free and much recommended.

Second : Learn about Discipline, Money and Risk Management, Psychology of trading. You will find many thread on the same on TJ.

A few words that I can say : If you are new, trade with caution. It takes atleast 3-4 years of trading with discipline to make money in the markets. Keep an open mind, and learn something new each day. Most important rule : Cut losses soon. For learning chart reading - Look at the intraday charts of top 10 winners and top 10 losers and see Open/High/Low/Close, see where the market turned. After intraday, see End Of Day charts of the same. If you do this daily, you will be able to recognize profitable and re-occurring chart patterns.

Google for : Market Wizards Series, The Disciplined Trader, Trading in the Zone.

Good luck.
Thanks so much DSM. But r his strategies applicable to Indian stocks?

DSM

Well surprisingly Nial Fuller's site is about Price Action Trading - But for Forex. However, the principals are explained very well in his thread, and can be used for trading currencies, commodities or stocks and is a MUST read. Whatever you can get on Price Action Trading, just read it.

I lay great importance of trading Price Action. What are indicators? What do they tell you? After 10-20 bars MACD, Bollinger Bands, MA, Stochastics, RSI will tell you something that price action has indicated or warned you much earlier.

Just because RSI/MA/ADX is rising, will that prevent a fall? If you know about price action, you can know if the price is hitting a major resistance, and likely to fall - Not necessarily, but likely and hence it can prepare you much ahead as to what will happen before the indicators will tell you.

I am not saying that Indicators or ALF based trading cannot be used. Am sure that there are many traders using the same profitably. However, Price Action is FIRST AND OF FOREMOST IMPORTANCE in my view. MA's and other indicators can be used as a secondary confirmation.

Thanks so much DSM. But r his strategies applicable to Indian stocks?

Well surprisingly Nial Fuller's site is about Price Action Trading - But for Forex. However, the principals are explained very well in his thread, and can be used for trading currencies, commodities or stocks and is a MUST read. Whatever you can get on Price Action Trading, just read it.

I lay great importance of trading Price Action. What are indicators? What do they tell you? After 10-20 bars MACD, Bollinger Bands, MA, Stochastics, RSI will tell you something that price action has indicated or warned you much earlier.

Just because RSI/MA/ADX is rising, will that prevent a fall? If you know about price action, you can know if the price is hitting a major resistance, and likely to fall - Not necessarily, but likely and hence it can prepare you much ahead as to what will happen before the indicators will tell you.

I am not saying that Indicators or ALF based trading cannot be used. Am sure that there are many traders using the same profitably. However, Price Action is FIRST AND OF FOREMOST IMPORTANCE in my view. MA's and other indicators can be used as a secondary confirmation.
Yes, completely agree. Thank you.