Opinion on Backtest results

dell

Last edited:

dell

Dell, This looks incredible. Are you planning to start trading this system or wait out for more confirmations?
I will now test it in excel sheet with bar to bar analysis ....see by bar replay ..one month live forward test..than if all goes in right way will start putting money on it..i am not in hurry..market is always there..
It is 15 m system .. So will try to capture same thing in 30m ..if able to do so..than less trades less stress ...currently doing monthly test and trades analysis....on excel..

dell

my previous system
http://www.traderji.com/advanced-trading-strategies/92271-opinion-backtest-results-9.html#post933722

new system as suggested by senior trader , some refinement is done and remove of adx logic , than it comes to this stage

what major thing we achieved see max sys drawdown 6.71%
yet trades are increased upto 834 , but see overall things get improved ........
still working on it , may be we can tame this beast ;

p.s.: no intentions of selling or commersialize , this is a light shown by senior in direction of self improvement , will doing very hard work for testing and improving it , not mind to share peoples who helped me , but i also has hunger of getting new idea's so plz cooperate with me , give new idea's , we will try to encash them jointly, may be they not work , but if out of 10 only 2 works than we will get a great achievement ,
i am trying to make a system from 3 yrs , creating , refining , hundreds of system i try and throw , now am satisfied ...
plz give ur idea's , in return favor , i will send u my system idea , no transistion of money only idea is needed ........
i am also a struggler like u all , i know how we all are surviving in this cruel market , where any thing can happen at any time ...............
lets work together and make some thing in favour of us(retailers).....

Last edited:

dell

some comments i got for ur system performance from senior member.

the system -having win rate >50% and Profit Factor 2 to 3, over a period of 4 years - is very difficult, but not impossible. (Anyway, I don't know of a system with similar results )

Whenever, I see a hugely +ve backtest, i look out for few things:

1. Bars repainting - systems looking into future. But Dell tells that it does not look into future.

2. Irresponsible Money Management, where u take maximum risk everytime. But Dell tells that he has a position size of 4 lots throughout. So, system is good on this one also.

3. Not considering costs+slippage, especially in lower timeframes. But Dell says he has take 0.6% for cost, which is good enough.

4. Curve fitting. Though the system tested for 3 years - no way to confirm whether would perform same way in other time periods or in the future.

5. Simple nonsense like considering Buy Price at Low of bars, or all Sell Price at High of Bar. But I think Dell is aware of this, and he mentions that he buys on Close, (but someplace he also mentioned Open)

6. Impractical stuff, like trading the Day Open (first tick), or trading too many signals in a minute, which would not be possible without advanced automation. But the 3 min timeframe seems reasonable.
i got a question from my friend , want to clarrify things clearly so posting here , no other intentions here ;;;;

first i want to clarrify that how trades are done on 15m tf and trade taken on 9;02;59......as my signal taking tf is 15m which is associated with daily and hourly but here i play a trick , system looks around 3mtf to finetune setup trades and for profit booking it will lead to upscenario 3>15>60>daily ,
so it is possible to take trade for finetuning on 9.02.59...........but system is of 15m /60/daily......

second thing i have already attached ami report showing that it doesnot look into future

third thing if we trade constant 4 trades overall time with than where question of irroponsible mm comes place.

fourth thing , let us assume i don't deduct brokerage than lets calculate 800 trades are there so how much brokerage will be there , it is not make much difference

regarding curve fitting , i posted here all years report seperately also , will post all months report in excel , with trade details , and my mm rules details with yearly wise , month wise and day wise ,

one question , all systems are backtested and using curve fitting , is there any system which is not curve fitted ?
if we get only half performance than also we survive ....isn't it ?

trades are completly on closing price of bar , there is no question of using opening price ....that concept is used in abhi report , i am aware of defects using opening price ,so i not used that ........

plz throws ur questions and query's as it helps in understand things clearly ......

it is person trading system , who makes money , it's his phycology , mentality , emotion handling capacity that makes him fit for trading , i am well settled with my earlier system and makes money there also , all is the thing , u have to know where it will perform better , u have to take double quantity there and when u know that this is not favourable setup around , u have to trade less quantity at that time , all main thing is .............let profit running trades as much as and shorten ur loosing trades as much as possible , and first thing is protect ur capital ......market is always there for trade , if u have no money than how u trade later ?

Last edited: