One More Dream Thread :thumb:

First trade 1 Lot Short Nifty Future @ 5240 stop loss 40 points . . .
Bank nifty closed above the defined shorting level but none the less is looking very weak, so created my short at 9220 stops above 9300 . . .

So finally at close short on both 1 lot each . . .

Carrying the Short trades from day before, squared off both of the today's Short trades at nominal gains, lets say BE

:)

Hi

Nice down move comming off from the gap opening.

Our shorts looking good, created 1 more short on Bank Nifty but did not managed to do the same with nifty.

Anyway, the trade looking quite good for now

SwingKing

I find hedging just adds to the cost without giving any real advantage, so reducing the size is best option to reduce risk / exposure
Reducing size also reduces profit.

If a hedge is created properly, then large positions can make significant profits. But I seriously doubt that hedge add to cost without giving real advantage.

Anyway, good initiative. Keep going.

Tc.

ascending triangle maintained even in adverse global situation. Do not short. Break out imminent
Thanks for your views

I am sure we all would participate in the rally/uptrend from the BO when it comes / if it comes, meanwhile the short trade is already in good money with stops shifting way beyond the entry levels :thumb:

Bank Nifty Stop now at 9060

Nifty Stop now just above 5200

Re: One More Dream Thread

First trade 1 Lot Short Nifty Future @ 5240 stop loss 40 points . . .
Hi :)

Bank nifty closed above the defined shorting level but none the less is looking very weak, so created my short at 9220 stops above 9300 . . .

So finally at close short on both 1 lot each . . .
Carrying the Short trades from day before
Hi

Its so tempting to book a profitable position, its so easy to forget the rule of letting the profits run, the mind says let it not run or it may just run away :lol:

Anyway been there many times :thumb:

Carrying the original position, booked above 140 points on todays Short trades

:) +140

Last edited:

linkon7

Just 1 suggestion...
since u are trading in daily TF, better keep an eye on the weekly TF as well..

when u swing trade, u have to protect ur profits...so if your NF short is in profit..let it run..but eod, short a ATM put as well... target is to exit the put within first 30 min the next day... preferably, initiating both positions simultaneously give you some extra income thanks to time decay, incase NF decides to pause for a few days. covered calls / puts always gives better return than naked directional call...

nothing hurts more than to see profits vanish in thin air because you failed to protect yourself from a gap up / down...

Last edited:

AW10

ascending triangle maintained even in adverse global situation. Do not short. Break out imminent

Trade what you see, not what u think.

Have you heard of "Failed Ascending Triangle" pattern. Better to be with the right side of the market.

linkon7

Trade what you see, not what u think.

Have you heard of "Failed Ascending Triangle" pattern. Better to be with the right side of the market.
Trade what you see, not what u think.:clapping:

this is where discipline comes into the picture. Still learning to control myself. everytime i put on my thinking cap some thing bad happens... always..!