ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

amar_gr

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Techdump,

I have now been using your program for the past three days, and must again say that you have indeed done a fantastic job. The program is very well designed, is pretty stable & does the job of data translation extremely well.

Following are some points that I thought of bringing to your notice, which may help you to further improve on your program.

a. Program Window is fixed - ideally needs to have the title bar & be movable around the screen.
b. Ability to minimize the program to system tray.
c. Right Click on system tray icon shows up an Exit button.. this button continues to remains
visible until the exit option not selected.
d. If one is using any copy/cut/paste functions, it results in the program generating an error
"Column Profile ..." on two occasions this caused the program to stop feeding the data to Amibroker.
Also the paste function results in the market data being pasted. (I read somewhere on your
thread about the limitation of using the clipboard. But in addition to following the market I often
use the machine for other tasks, in this situation, this limitation becomes an real issue, as I need
to use the cut/copy/paste very often. )
e. You can also consider issuing an alert/popup/audio alert message if & when rt data feeds
get interrupted.
f. Since F&O data backfill is not possible, can you consider providing an option to merge
intraday data (single/multiple scrips)from a designated PIB data directory. In case of any
interruption during mkt hrs, doing this manually tends to be cumbersome.

Once again appreciate your efforts in bringing out this wonderful solution & sharing it with everybody.

Cheers
Amar.

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Mr. techdump pls go through the attached file and rectify the same as date is being displayed in amibroker and also chartsdata too hope to hear soon

regards

Last edited:

hi how to download EODDwonloadConvert version 0.0.70 from your briefcase as if i am not a rediffmail user

Dear Sekhar,

Thanks. Yes, chartsdata will backfill only last or today's intraday data on 1 min frequency and not 1 month backfill as i am not the data vendor, all datas are provided by yahoo/nse/bse.

Dear Loganathan,
Thank you very much for providing such a wonder ful software.
Your chartsdata is one of the best available for the rt data. The only problem is when i download data i can get only one day data. Is there any way to backfill all IEOD data of 1 min frequency for these scrips? Are you planning backfill facility for atleast 1 month or so in the place of 1 day for 1 min data? can you suggest anyother way to do the same?
regards
sekhar

Dear Techdump
I am using chartdata to connect odin diet to amibroker.when odin is busy with internet to take data ,at the time if i open chartdata, it is saying no internet connection message coming.
And observed during market hours some time it is hanging.my internet connection is 256 unlimitted broadband package
pl remove link between internet and chartdata for odin users and solve the problem
Bhulokeshwar

dear sir,
i am also member of traderji. and use your software but i want to talk about ur software.and i have some changes in ur software which is indicates auto matically buy or sell with stoploss.... and other things i can' t connect with odin. so give me reply as soon as posible. ok
my yahoo id : [email protected]
dear sir, i want to talk personaly for ur software so give me a ur personal id or ur contact no..
please sir ...... contact me....

Dear Techdump
I am using chartdata to connect odin diet to amibroker.when odin is busy with internet to take data ,at the time ,if i open chartdata, it is giving message - OFF LINE:YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
And observed during market hours some time,if my internet is busy with other applications/downloads , chart data is hanging.
pl remove link to connect internet for odin users and solve the problem
Bhulokeshwar

Hi Logan,
I installed your ChartsData software. Great work..wish you all the best for your future work.