ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

hi tech dump, I am trying to download historical EOD data for NSE and BSE ever since their data went electronic, Please instruct on how to do this?

Does the downloaded data have any errors? meaning what is the source of the historical data? yahoo or bse and nse direct server link?

thanks.

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Ami, Mstock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Dear Members,

Wish everyone a healthy, wealthy and joyful new year 2009. Wish all your dreams come true in near future.

A lot of members have been asking me to post the original software since i left the topic as I felt bad due to pra & killerdon's reply. But this topic has taught me a lot in my personal opinion as public won't behave as you expect and nothing works fine or can't achieve untill you are ready to face everything. As time passes by, you should overcome ups and downs else it will dig you to grave.

I am releasing the original version as another evaluation version with full capability that will work till March 2009. After february, all other facilities (Today, Y! Charts, Indices, News) works fine except ODIN/YAHOO Data to TA - Charts & Backfill facility (National).

Let me list out the features of ChartsData
------------------------------------------
1. One second Real-time ODIN data to Amibroker, Metastock and FCharts

2. Two second Real-time YAHOO data to Amibroker, Metastock and FCharts. Inline YAHOO login facility provided inorder to fetch real-time datas online and to avoid 15 mins delay.

3. BACKFILL OPTIONS
NSE & BSE cash
One Min-last 1 day backfill
5 Min-last 5 day backfill
EOD backfill​
NSE F&O
EOD backfill for all indices, options and stock​

4. All ODIN & YAHOO Real-time/Backfill data's in text/csv format

5. BHAVCOPY downloads for
NSE
NSE F&O and
BSE​

6. NSE, BSE symbol update on one click.

7. NSE, BSE symbol search facility

8. NSE, BSE & MCX
Top Gainers/Losers
Most Active Securities/Contracts/Calls/Puts
Top Turnovers/Advances/Declines​

9. YAHOO Charts
Basic Chart
Interactive Chart​

10. WORLD INDICES
1 Day, 5 Day
1 Month, 3 Month, 6 Month
1 Year, 2 Year, 5 Year​

11. NEWS UPDATES from GOOGLE/YAHOO/REUTERS with SEARCH facility

Link to download ChartsData
http://www.4 s h a r e d . c o m/file/80051983/ac4291e8/ChartsData_setup.html (Remove spaces)

Setup Password: Traderji

Database/Folder configurations should be done initially else TA charts won't update correctly.

Amibroker Configuration:
------------------------
Amibroker database will be automatically created under C:\ChartsData\Amibroker\ when you choose Amibroker -> Update button in ChartsData.

Just change the database settings in the Amibroker as mentioned below.
1. File -> Database Settings - A Dialog box will be opened with title "Database settings"
2. Ensure following settings has been selected under "Database settings" dialog
Data source: (local database)
Local data storage: Enable (recommended)
Number of bars: 1000
Base time interval: 1 Minute (IMPORTANT)​
3. Click "Intraday settings" button and another dialog box opens with title "Intraday settings"
4. Ensure following settings has been selected under "Intraday settings" dialog
Choose "Allow mixed EOD/Intraday data" under "Per-database settings" tab​
5. Click OK to exit "Intraday settings" dialog
6. Click OK again to exit "Database settings"
7. File -> Save All

Above settings ensures you to view both the Intraday and Daily datas by selecting "i" for intraday and "d" for daily.

Metastock configuration:
------------------------
Open Metastock before ChartsData and go ahead with Metastock -> Update button in ChartsData.

Intraday datas will be placed in the folder C:\ChartsData\MSData\MinuteData
EOD datas will be placed in the folder C:\ChartsData\MSData\EODData

Open corresponding folder and select scripts to view real-time charts updated every 5 seconds. If not updated, please close metastock, open it again and select scripts to view datas updated real-time.

FCharts Configuration:
----------------------
All the datas for FCharts will be placed under C:\ChartsData\FCharts\ when you choose FCharts -> Update in ChartsData.

Open FCharts, and choose "Intraday" button on the left hand side, which will open a dialog named "Live Data". Ensure following settings has been made to get real-time data.
Source: Ascii Files
choose "Open feed on startup"
Under Import Ascii Files, specify FCharts directory C:\ChartsData\FCharts\ and choose "Import changed files only"
Specify update frequency in seconds as you wish - Poll every _ seconds (1 to 60)
Click Start to update real-time/backfill datas​

As usual, looking forward for your queries and suggestions...

Happy Trading...

Loganathan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friends,

I am in the process of developing a tool to import ODIN/***** real time data to Amibroker, Metastock, FCharts, Excel and Txt with ***** 1 min/5 min/Eod backfill.

Its features are
1. 1 second ODIN real time data can be imported to Amibroker, Metastock (with refresh - without screen/chart flickering), Fcharts, Excel and txt format.
2. 2 second ***** real time data can be imported to Amibroker, Metastock (with refresh - without flickering), Fcharts, Excel and txt format.
3. 1 min-last 1 day backfill, 5 min-last 5 day backfill and EOD backfill for all NSE/BSE scrips.
3. 1 minute update of World Indices, Commodities and Currencies can be viewed realtime
4. RSS News updates from GOOGLE/*****/REUTERS with Search facility

It is in the process of alpha testing and few of my friends are using it for their own use.

Please let me know if more features can be added to the above list.

I will post the software as soon as it passes alpha, beta and black box testing. Check out this thread for further updates.

Happy trading.

Logan
hi friend i made sysmbol list in yahoo but u r soft good 1 problem i have i cant select amibroker tab why ? reply me plz...

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Deuce,

No, you can't add all NSE & BSE symbols at a time - in my experience, it is difficult to trace 25 symbols at once and why do you want to add all listed securities? want to make a database of all NSE & BSE symbols???

Yes, i am including other yahoo symbols rather than NSE & BSE securities alone and you can find it in my next version.

Hi thanks for your response, it's very kind of you to guide in this, is there a way to select all listed NSE/BSE securities instead of adding them individually/one by one?

Maybe future revisions will allow us to import custom symbols lists for currencies and commodities since yahoo also has that data?

Thanks a lot you made my day!!!

Dear Ravi,

Yes, the current setup needs you to enter user credentials twice to login yahoo. If it promps incorrect, just ensure that you reenter the same to logged in. I am sure that this is not user friendly but i resolved this in my next version.

dear
i am not been able to log on to yahoo. it prompts incorrect user id and pass word what is this?

ravi

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Ami, Mstock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Dear sptech99,

Ensure that the selected yah00 scrips are listed in the watch list. i.e. you must have created a profile with some name, choose that name after selecting YAH00 option and you will find loading selected yahoo symbols in the wathclist. If this happens, then TA-CHARTS & BACKFILL sections will be enabled and you can choose amibroker else you can't select any of the above said options.

hi friend i made sysmbol list in yahoo but u r soft good 1 problem i have i cant select amibroker tab why ? reply me plz...

Dear Deuce,

Select YAH00 scrips you want to watch by creating a profile and you can see those securites names listed on the right hand side under BACKFILL tab. You can find an EOD option with year 2008 mentioned, just select that option and change the year you want to download, and select the listed securities in the above list. Finally, click START button to start downloading historical datas and you can see the charts updating. Before BACKFILL, select appropriate TA software (AB/MS/FC) to which you want to update charts with EOD backfill, else all the historical datas will be stored at C:\ChartsData\CSV folder.

I am not sure how well the data is because the datas were extracted from YAH00/NseIndia/BseIndia and they are the owners of downloaded datas, not mine.

hi tech dump, I am trying to download historical EOD data for NSE and BSE ever since their data went electronic, Please instruct on how to do this?

Does the downloaded data have any errors? meaning what is the source of the historical data? yahoo or bse and nse direct server link?

thanks.

murthymsr

Dear Loganathan,

1) In Yah00 mode, when I click on BSE & NSE symbol update on the Monday MORNING of a trading day, the program attempts to download the non existing bhav copy for THAT day and results in a series of errors. Instead, it may decrement the day by one day each time till it successfully downloads the LATEST bhav copy. Any error reported may be after it makes such 3 or 4 decrements only.

2) Integration of 5 min (5 days), 1 min (yesterday), 1 Min today data and the live data into a single file which will be accessed by the TA software may be thought of.

5 Min (5 days) checkbox (Defalut unchecked)

1 Min (1 day) checkbox (Defalut unchecked)

ODIN/Yah00 checkbox (Default Last used)

Start button

This sequence and the set options will help user to get the historic intraday data for the selected scrips as required by him.

3) The BSE / NSE Cash /NSE F&O checkbox options are all checked and greyed. Wish user may have the option to selectively check them.

4) Yah00 profile update window has a 'Save' button. This may be renamed to 'Save & Close' (window) with the appropriate functionality. (R.S.I. :) )

Thanks for your time.

murthymsr

Last edited:

Dear Loganathan
The ANJEL BROkers ltd -Odin diet has Last updated time instead of last traded time in market watch.For this people it is not working.
I am unable to logon yahoo.It saying rong username/pass.
Kindly give solution pl
Bhulokeshwar

Dear Sir,
I have downloded Chart data setup but while runninng msg is comming

Evaluation period has expred please contact [email protected].

Please help to run the programme.

Thanks and regards,

Maruti Mane