Numismatic (coins and notes) investment

niftyoption

Last edited:

niftyoption

MY COLLECTION - WORLD FIRST PLASTIC COINS SET

Transnistria to Introduce Plastic Circulation Coins

Transnistria (also called Trans-Dniestr or Transdniestria) is a breakaway state located mostly on a strip of land between the River Dniester and the eastern Moldovan border with Ukraine. Since its declaration of independence in 1990
Capital : Tiraspol
Population : 517.963

The Transnistrian Republican Bank have announced that they will issue new currency units that will be made of composite materials. The currency items are primarily being issued to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of the national currency. The composite material or Plastic coins will have a different geometric shape and color depending on denomination.

The four coins, from one ruble to ten rubles are to replace the banknotes of the same denomination. The Press office of the Bank have indicated that the new money will combine the best qualities of both coins and banknotes with high wear resistance and a wide range of security features. The Press office have also indicated that the coins for use in Transnistria were developed in Russia.

The information distributed to various news media agencies mentions that this type of composite material money is not produced anywhere else in the world. First Deputy chairwoman Olga Radulova indicated and confirmed that the innovative currency units were designed by colleagues from the Russian Federation and that Transdinistria are the first to use them. The move is seen as an alternative to producing expensive metal coins as well as to meet public demand for small value denominations. The new coins take their cue from plastic banknotes which are in use in many countries of the world but the coins made of composite materials will appear for the first time in Transnistria as a test market.

For protection against counterfeiting, the technology of their production involves the use of a special texture, contour elements, micro texts and specific reflection of light when exposed to ultraviolet and infrared light. The plastic coins will be introduced into circulation from the 22nd August 2014 and will have a parallel circulation with paper money of the same denomination.

Denomination Material shape Dimensions Colour Mintage
1 Ruble plastic circle 26 mm. Yellow-brown n/a
3 Rubles plastic square 26 mm. Green n/a
5 Rubles plastic pentagon 28 mm. blue n/a
10 rubles plastic hexagon 28 mm. red n/a
1). One Ruble, portrays A.V. Suvorov, 2). Three Ruble portrays F.P. De Volan, 3). Five Ruble portrays P.A. Rumyantsev, 4). Ten Ruble portrays Empress Catherine II.
The reverse of each denomination includes a diamond-shaped design which includes the initials of the National bank & denomination in print and the year “2014” The coins and banknotes of the same denomination are expected to circulate alongside until the notes are gradually replaced by the coins.
The Republic of Transdnistria, a break-away Russian enclave territory declared their independence from the Republic of Moldova in 1992, only Russia recognizes their legitimacy. The Transdnistrian ruble, at a par with the Russian ruble – are issued through the authority of the Transnistrian Republican Bank since 1994. The Bank regularly issue collector coins produced in precious and base metals, the coins are produced by the Moscow and St. Petersburg mints.

MY COLLECTION - WORLD FIRST PLASTIC COINS SET

Transnistria to Introduce Plastic Circulation Coins

Transnistria (also called Trans-Dniestr or Transdniestria) is a breakaway state located mostly on a strip of land between the River Dniester and the eastern Moldovan border with Ukraine. Since its declaration of independence in 1990
Capital : Tiraspol
Population : 517.963

The Transnistrian Republican Bank have announced that they will issue new currency units that will be made of composite materials. The currency items are primarily being issued to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of the national currency. The composite material or Plastic coins will have a different geometric shape and color depending on denomination.

The four coins, from one ruble to ten rubles are to replace the banknotes of the same denomination. The Press office of the Bank have indicated that the new money will combine the best qualities of both coins and banknotes with high wear resistance and a wide range of security features. The Press office have also indicated that the coins for use in Transnistria were developed in Russia.

The information distributed to various news media agencies mentions that this type of composite material money is not produced anywhere else in the world. First Deputy chairwoman Olga Radulova indicated and confirmed that the innovative currency units were designed by colleagues from the Russian Federation and that Transdinistria are the first to use them. The move is seen as an alternative to producing expensive metal coins as well as to meet public demand for small value denominations. The new coins take their cue from plastic banknotes which are in use in many countries of the world but the coins made of composite materials will appear for the first time in Transnistria as a test market.

For protection against counterfeiting, the technology of their production involves the use of a special texture, contour elements, micro texts and specific reflection of light when exposed to ultraviolet and infrared light. The plastic coins will be introduced into circulation from the 22nd August 2014 and will have a parallel circulation with paper money of the same denomination.

Denomination Material shape Dimensions Colour Mintage
1 Ruble plastic circle 26 mm. Yellow-brown n/a
3 Rubles plastic square 26 mm. Green n/a
5 Rubles plastic pentagon 28 mm. blue n/a
10 rubles plastic hexagon 28 mm. red n/a
1). One Ruble, portrays A.V. Suvorov, 2). Three Ruble portrays F.P. De Volan, 3). Five Ruble portrays P.A. Rumyantsev, 4). Ten Ruble portrays Empress Catherine II.
The reverse of each denomination includes a diamond-shaped design which includes the initials of the National bank & denomination in print and the year “2014” The coins and banknotes of the same denomination are expected to circulate alongside until the notes are gradually replaced by the coins.
The Republic of Transdnistria, a break-away Russian enclave territory declared their independence from the Republic of Moldova in 1992, only Russia recognizes their legitimacy. The Transdnistrian ruble, at a par with the Russian ruble – are issued through the authority of the Transnistrian Republican Bank since 1994. The Bank regularly issue collector coins produced in precious and base metals, the coins are produced by the Moscow and St. Petersburg mints.

You have rare coin collection.I am 100% sure you are Coin Corepati :D

niftyoption

You have rare coin collection.I am 100% sure you are Coin Corepati :D
Nostradamuss Bhai , Thank You Very Much :)

No .... No .... I am a small person .....

my total investment in coins is very small amount ....

In my collection some rare coins are there ,but not very rare coins.....:D

niftyoption

I read somewhere that the RBI was thinking of issuing currency notes made of some kind of plastic, so that there is less wear.
yes Bhai .... Bangladesh, Singapore,Thailand ,china also introduced plastic currency notes in asia
but we are not moving that way ....

Advantages :
1.Fake note eradication
2.longevity of currency notes

I have some plastic notes in my collection ....Singapore , Thailand , Bangladesh , Srilanka .....

Last edited:

niftyoption

SOMALI GUITAR COINS 6 COINS SET

THESE ARE COINS ISSUED BY THE SOMALI GOVERNMENT ....

WHY BECAUSE ...THE SOMALI GOVERNMENT THINK MUSIC IS GIVE HAPPINESS TO ALL ....SO THEY RELEASE GUITAR SHAPE COINS .... AND THEY WANT THEIR PEOPLE LIVE HAPPILY ....

:) I AM NOT HAVING THIS COINS ....I SAW IN MY FRIENDS COIN COLLECTION ..... :D

niftyoption

ODD SHAPED COINS IN THE WORLD

DIMENSIONAL BUTTERFLY COIN

This silver 2015 Proof multi-colored 1000 Francos from the Equatorial Guiana is unusual in that it includes a model of a butterfly whose wings are actually above the surface of the coin. It looks as if a real butterfly had just landed on the coin. The coin features the Common Swordtail (Graphium policenes) landing on a daisy. The butterfly is indigenous to all forest regions in sub-Saharan Africa. It has their wingspan of approximately 70 mm. The obverse features the arms of Equatorial Guinea. The 38.61 mm coin is struck in sterling silver, weighs 25 grams and has a mintage of just 2500 pieces. The coin comes in a capsule in an attractive custom wooden box with a Certificate of Authenticity.

MECCA COMPASS COIN FROM NIGER

Muslims pray five times a day facing the Kaaba in Mecca. A Qiblah compass is a modified compass used by Muslims to indicate the direction to face for these prayers. This large (50mm) 2012 dated silver-plated copper 100 Francs coin from Niger contains a working Qibla compass, allowing one to find the direction of Mecca. At the top there is an authentic Swarovski element to enrich the splendid Arabic design. The obverse features the national emblem of Niger. The coin comes with directions of how to use it and an optional oversized (9cm x 9cm x 10cm, 3.5” x 3.5” x 3.9”) black presentation box. The coin has a Prooflike finish and has a mintage of just 2500 pieces.

COOK ISLAND MOLDAVITE METEORITE IMPACT COIN

TELEVISION COIN - WITH A MOVING IMAGE

PRISMATIC WILDLIFE COINS FROM TOGO COLOR COINS

SOMALIA FLAG SHAPED COINS

GEOMETRIC SHAPE COINS FROM SOMALIA

Last edited:

niftyoption

MY COLLECTION (RAREST COIN) ALSO WORLD SMALLEST COIN

Vijayanagara Empire HARIHARA RAYA I (1336–1356 CE) GOLD Pagoda (coin)

:)