Numismatic (coins and notes) investment

@ Nifty- Option and exceltrader bhai
Can you tell how much commemorative coins appreciated those minted during 1990-2000.
Well, i understand that it should be taken as a hobby. And currently price discovery is in hands of buyer's.
As a GK i want to ask.
Hi
As posted above only UNC and proof varieties appreciates. For the normal commemorative coins collected from the circulation, they only fetches the price that the other party (buyer) is willing to pay. If you want to get some idea of the price of these commemorative coins (normal ones) then ask or visit some coin dealers for their price list, and whatever price is quoted reduce it by 50%. For example if a coin of 5 R is quoted at 25 R then its buyer value should be about 12-15 R. This is not a general rule but just to get an idea OR the other way you can simply ask a dealer that you want to sell some coins that you have, and he will let you know at what price he is willing to buy. (BTW I have not accounted for the bargaining that can or will be done by both buyers and sellers :D)

I will again repeat that it is a buyers world not a sellers world. So be happy and feel pleasure of your possession whatever your have.

Cant say for the value of coins of 1990-2000 decade, as I have not purchased any coins for last 20-25 years, so no idea, only collected from normal circulation. Previously I used to buy some coins or coins set from Mint as well but discontinued, as the prices they charge were exorbitant and were not in my budget, or you can say that I am not that serious coin collector :D :lol:

XUV-500

Here's some commemorative coins i was able to found.They are not UNC, collected from circulation.

5 Rs COINS
Dandi Yatra-75 years -2005
SBI-200 years
Motilal Nehru-150 years-2012
Acharya Tulsi Birth Centenary
Swami Vivekanand -150 years
Bhartiya Ayurvidgyan Centenary- 2011
C Subramaniam Centenary- 2010
60 years of Kolkata Mint-2012
60 years of Parliament
Maulana Azad- 125 years
Lal Bahadur Shastry Centenary-2004
Civil Aviation Centenary-2011
World of Work ILO-1994
Kamagata Maru incident
Pt Madanmohan Malviya-150 years-2011
Kuka Movement -150 years -2007
RBI Platinum Jubilee- 2010
Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board
Wave ( Infotech) symbol-2007 and 2008.

please let me know which of these are rare.

XUV-500

10 rs Coins
Homi Bhabha Centenary-2009
60 years of Coir Board-2013
60 years of Parliament-2012
RBI Platinum Jubilee-2010
Unity in Diversity ( cross sign)-2006 and 2007

2 Rs Coin
Netaji Bose-1997 ( not a rare coin as told by Niftyoption earlier)

Chhatrapati Shivaji-1999

Hi XUV

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You have a very good collection of 5R and 10R. I will be having only a few among these coins, actually I am not collecting coins seriously now, (since last 10-12 years)

Always keep some extra coins of same issue as it will help you to exchange with other coins or sell

BTW what is your place of residence. I am in Delhi NCR.

niftyoption

Here's some commemorative coins i was able to found.They are not UNC, collected from circulation.

5 Rs COINS
SBI-200 years
Motilal Nehru-150 years-2012
Acharya Tulsi Birth Centenary
Swami Vivekanand -150 years
C Subramaniam Centenary- 2010
60 years of Kolkata Mint-2012
60 years of Parliament
Maulana Azad- 125 years
Lal Bahadur Shastry Centenary-2004
World of Work ILO-1994
Kamagata Maru incident
Pt Madanmohan Malviya-150 years-2011
Kuka Movement -150 years -2007
RBI Platinum Jubilee- 2010

please let me know which of these are rare.
XUV-500 ,
congratulations
ALL COINS ARE GOOD ....
in that some are scarcity coins ...not that much ...we will not get easily in normal circulation ....

5 rupees
SBI-200 years

10 rupees
Homi Bhabha Centenary-2009
60 years of Coir Board-2013
60 years of Parliament-2012
Unity in Diversity ( cross sign)-2006 and 2007
:clapping:

niftyoption

@ Option bhai
Dandi yatra 75 years- the pic you posted is of currency note or commemorative coin ?

Is 5000 Rs is value of coin ? Which denomination coin and mint.
I have such coin.
Bhai .... those are coins ....commemorative proof sets issued in a special pack
as you watch in that image ..... with box .....those are limited not normal circulated coins .....

niftyoption

@ NiftyOption
You posted prices for many different coins. What variety of coins (and also which denomination) will fetch this much price. UNC, Proof or the normal one (of daily circulation, though may not be available now) and of which mint.
niftyexceltrader,

i am not recommend any particular type UNC ...PROFF ....

it is only depend upon

1.Scarecity
2.Demand
3.Attractive History

so very difficult to say UNC only or Proof
some times normal coins will become rare .....

it is depend upon a person's experience in this field ...

note : this is not so easy to get rarest coins very easy in normal circulation

actually this is " King of all Hobbies "

it also like stock market .....number of stocks ....how to find a multi baggier stock ? very difficult and investment is also need

like that in numismatic world also like that .....

human nature is like that not much effort we get some coins in normal circulation with very low investment ....we expect very very rare coin and that should me in millions of rupees cost ..... i am not commenting any body but it is a general attitude ..... but we must think our attitude and rectify our mistakes ( psychological ) with introspection only .....truth is bitter always
:thumb:

XUV-500

Hi
i was able to get-
5 rs- 1000 years of Brihadeshwara temple ( Thanjavur)

2 rs- 50 years of Supreme court
Syama Prasad Mukerjee centenary

Inputs please....

A very good link about coins collection and also good thread, full of information. I happened to be a coins and stamps collector in my school/college days, also won some prizes for taking part in our college Fine Arts Club and this thread gave me remembrance of those old days.