Numismatic (coins and notes) investment

Last edited:

niftyoption

Guys please send your coin pic to this mail address you may get good value after auction.

[email protected] .

http://www.baldwin.co.uk/

Brother Nostradamuss ,

your intention is good ....to help members .... but extremely sorry brother ,don't take it as personal brother , with internet information don't depend immediately on that .....
In my experience(nearly 30 years experience) so many loss incidents in coins purchasing and selling processes , because of dealers cheating ....so kindly don't trade without conformation .... so many senior coins collectors will give the same information to you if you ask them .....
in this coins and notes collection is only buy and selling is the main problem ...If we want to buy price will be very high ...If we want to sell coins or notes we get very low price ..... If you want to sell ask at least 3 to 5 coins dealers and sell highest price .... dont buy and sell through internet information ....contact dealer personally and sell your coins directly ... some incidents i will tell you ....one of my known coin collector ...purchased coins lot through online and money transferred to concerned dealer bank account through online ....after some days coins received but damaged coins and with out rare coins ....

Last edited:
Brother Nostradamuss ,

your intention is good ....to help members .... but extremely sorry brother ,don't take it as personal brother , with internet information don't depend immediately on that .....
In my experience(nearly 30 years experience) so many loss incidents in coins purchasing and selling processes , because of dealers cheating ....so kindly don't trade without conformation .... so many senior coins collectors will give the same information to you if you ask them .....
in this coins and notes collection is only buy and selling is the main problem ...If we want to buy price will be very high ...If we want to sell coins or notes we get very low price ..... If you want to sell ask at least 3 to 5 coins dealers and sell highest price .... dont buy and sell through internet information ....contact dealer personally and sell your coins directly ... some incidents i will tell you ....one of my known coin collector ...purchased coins lot through online and money transferred to concerned dealer bank account through online ....after some days coins received but damaged coins and with out rare coins ....
Sounds like a lot of PayTMs in this market :D :D

Hi friends

I came across this thread by chance, a good initiative by NiftyOption :clapping:

But I found in previous posts, that many members are raising hope on the value of their collection or the coins they have. This is not true. Only rare coins or such types of coins have market value other wise, other coins have only collector value, meaning the value depends on the buyer collector, what he wants to pay. Its a buyers world.

So take coin collection as a hobby only, feel the pleasure of having it, (It gives immense pleasure when you show your collection to your friends or relative or when you take part in some exhibitions etc) keep collecting coins, whatever different variety/types you get in daily life and after some years pass on this hobby to you child(ren)/grandchild(ren), so that they may also learn this hobby.

niftyoption

Hi friends

I came across this thread by chance, a good initiative by NiftyOption :clapping:

But I found in previous posts, that many members are raising hope on the value of their collection or the coins they have. This is not true. Only rare coins or such types of coins have market value other wise, other coins have only collector value, meaning the value depends on the buyer collector, what he wants to pay. Its a buyers world.

So take coin collection as a hobby only, feel the pleasure of having it, (It gives immense pleasure when you show your collection to your friends or relative or when you take part in some exhibitions etc) keep collecting coins, whatever different variety/types you get in daily life and after some years pass on this hobby to you child(ren)/grandchild(ren), so that they may also learn this hobby.
niftyexceltrader ,

we also take it as a Hobby and long term investment ...please go through all previous posts .... i always told members collect available coins in circulation ... in my view it is a ocean ....billions of rupees are also not sufficient to purchase all coins ..... we discuss its fair value approximately ..... there is no trade exchange in the world so common sense point is price depend up on demand .....one 5 rupees coin few years back went its numismatic price 2.2 lakhs in Bangalore auction ....but now available in market around 15000 ....

my intention is very clear ...this thread useful for only coins and notes information .... in my view so many collectors ...some are collectors ...some or looking for investment ...both or correct ....there is no wrong in investment... so i encarege both .... in TJ this thread did not allow sales promotion .... selling coins is members problem any body not responsible for that .... we discuss about rarity.... condition of coins are notes ....Mint issues... preservation ....if exhibitions conducted in any city or town (numismatic associations conduct) ...fancy notes ....error notes...and other coin history or information useful to members .....:thumb:

niftyoption

In any HOBBY ....if we have rare coin and its having good history ....
collector feel happy and naturally esquire about secondary market price .....
if you have a membership in any numismatic associations ..you will get information regarding secondary market value aprox ...

world wide catalog is also printed .....price around 15000 indian rupees ....mint size ....value also printed in dollars lakhs of coins with photoes .... every year new edition released by them .... if anybody want deeply go through it......

in early stage please collect coins and notes only with face value .... your collection value is above 5 lakh or more buy catalog .... and after that select thematic collection start ..... in my view if any person want to puchase all coins verities available in the world .... even birlas and buffetts total money is not sufficient..... don't compare others .... fly according to our wings is always better....

Niftyoption Sir - Nice interesting thread! I have been a coin collector since childhood and a note collector for the last ten years or so. I have never bought anything from the market and have collected from circulation only. My interest in notes is limited to denominations of 1000, 500 & 100 Rupee notes only and I collect fancy numbers. It had always been my dream to collect a similar digit six numbered note like 111111 or 222222, and the like. These are very rare numbers and are hardly seen in circulation. I feel notes like these get pocketed in the mint itself. One day my dream came true and I found this 500 rupee note with number 666666 almost after 7 years of not giving up!!! Can you please tell what should be a fair value of this note - not from selling point of view but from a collector's pride point of view.

scan0001-small.jpg

niftyoption

Niftyoption Sir - Nice interesting thread! I have been a coin collector since childhood and a note collector for the last ten years or so. I have never bought anything from the market and have collected from circulation only. My interest in notes is limited to denominations of 1000, 500 & 100 Rupee notes only and I collect fancy numbers. It had always been my dream to collect a similar digit six numbered note like 111111 or 222222, and the like. These are very rare numbers and are hardly seen in circulation. I feel notes like these get pocketed in the mint itself. One day my dream came true and I found this 500 rupee note with number 666666 almost after 7 years of not giving up!!! Can you please tell what should be a fair value of this note - not from selling point of view but from a collector's pride point of view.

View attachment 20267
moneywise sir,

congratulations sir.... :clap:
very rare number note ....i wish you complete remaining numbers set also ....
condition of the note is also very good ....keep it up .....

moneywise sir,

congratulations sir.... :clap:
very rare number note ....i wish you complete remaining numbers set also ....
condition of the note is also very good ....keep it up .....
Thanks sir, but can you please give a fair value assessment of such notes. I have some notes where all the starting 5 or last 5 digits are same in the 6 digit numbers like 166666 or 222221.

niftyoption

Thanks sir, but can you please give a fair value assessment of such notes. I have some notes where all the starting 5 or last 5 digits are same in the 6 digit numbers like 166666 or 222221.
moneywise sir ,

166666 and 222221 are fancy notes ....it has some value less than 666666 and 222222 but if you made set like this value will be more

ex: from 122222 to
199999 or

(note numbers)
5 rupees note 166666
10 rupees note 166666
20 rupees note 166666
50 rupees note 166666
100 rupees note 166666
500 rupees note 166666
1000 rupees note 166666

complete set value will be more