NSEIndia Data Downloader

Raju

I have tried using csv file.It is not getting converted.If I try .txt it works.So .txt seems to be some default option and easier one.If u could goin with .txt it would help a lot.
Raju

Hello,
Here is the latest version of the NSEDataDownloader with the format option for Metastock plus some other improvements!! in overall apperance and operation. Please let me know if its ok.
FRIENDS i JUST DISCOVERED A BUG IN THE PROGRAM AND WILL CORRECT IT...... !!! IN ADDITION SOME CHANGES ARE NECESSARY AS SAMVET LAHARI KINDLY POINTED OUT. THANKS SAMVET LAHARI!!.

Regards,
Preston Myers

Last edited:
My Friends at TraderJi.com,
I'm glad to upload the latest version of the NSEDataDownloader. To use it Unzip it to a folder or desktop on your computer. Please report any bugs if you find them and I'll correct it. I have tested it and think its ok. Thanks to Samvet Lahari for pointing out a glaring error I didn't catch!!.
Regards,
Preston Myers.

Last edited:

Raju

Hi ,

Good work buddy . I have a query ..Ticker history does it mean entire day's tick data ? As
when I tried today for SESAGOA it is downloaded only this much ..

Symbol Series Date Prev Close Open Price High Price Low Price Last Price Close Price Total Traded Quantity Turnover in Lacs
SESAGOA EQ 14-Mar-08 3239.35 3278 3369.5 3240 3335 3330.1 229598 7604.76419

Thansk for the utility ! ..
Keep up the good work...
Raju

Hello Raju,
You need to select the 'To' and 'FROM' dates in the date picker and select 'Download For Selected Period' checkbox to get Historical data for period selected otherwise you will only get the 'FROM' dates data.
I am uploading one more version with added download features namely historical yield/pe/div values for indices.
Regards,
PReston Myers

Hello My Friends,
Obviously I have been very busy!!
Here's the latest version with one more download available...Yield/PE/PB/DIV values for Indices. I was think of doing this for the past few days and I added it today
I hope you like it...Please feel free to report any improvments/additions and if possible i will add it.
Regards,
Preston Myers.

Last edited:

Raju

Hi Preston Myers,
What I meant by tick data is data for Intraday Day-I dunno if it is freely available.But I can capture tick data from my broker when online at particular time in market hours.
Here is a sample file I have captured for SESA GOA.I am planning to insert this data in S/W like METASTOCK/FIBOTRADE/AMIBROKER and for trials purpose and then learn some analysis for Intraday and trade accordingly if I am able to .After trial I will goin for Live feed if I get comfortable with any these s/w .But nowadays I don't have much knowhow so after few months maybe I will try ..But till then if I am able to capture data from my broker and uplaod it to any of these S/W and get signals it will be very useful..
Please find attached tick data of 14th March 2008 for SESA GOA ..
But here I have to manual save in a file and would then try to upload it in MS.If u'r utility does the same thing then I would be very grateful to U.
Thanking You,
Raju

Last edited:
Hello Raju,
Which broker you use?, and is this data available to everyone or only a account holder?
The program I made downloads data from NSEIndia.com only and they do not provide tick data I think. I can capture data from the website but if too many symbols are used its tooooooooo slow!!, but upto say 10 symbols ist fast enough. I will be ading it to NSEDataDownloader soon. It will save data to text files. I can make it auto download every few minutes ect lets see......I will need a lot of feed back to make it usefull for everyone.
Regards,
PReston Myers

Raju

Hi,

I use ShareKhan,but I think any broker would provide such data . I have demat with them.Anybody can open an acct with them.

Raju .