NSEIndia Data Downloader

Hello Friends,
Does the file you upload into metastock have a column headder? and does it have to be in txt format or is csv is ok? I think the file extn does not really matter since that will be the only difference anyway!!. Reply today and I'll do it and upload the changed program...
Regards,
Preston Myers.

Raju

Hi prestonmyers2

Please find attached EOD quotes for MS..with headers.I dunno abt Intraday .

Last edited:
My Friends,
Here is the latest version of the NSE Downloader :) please use it and tell me if it suits your needs for EOD data from NSEIndia. Its got the option to convert to MS format. Is a file extn of '.csv' ok or should it be '.txt' :confused:?
Regards,
Preston Myers.

Last edited:
Hi preston,
you are creating a vb programme to download EOD, if you dont mine can you send me the file because i am also trying but i can't understand to how to make programme so please share with us and any querry is there we will share you.
Thanks
Regards: Shujath Khan email id : shujath_khan78@******* , shujath_khan78@**********

Hello Folks,
I have made a program in VB to download EOD Bhavcopies and Indice data and also to download previous Bhavcopies and Indice data given a selected period. If anyone is interested in having a look at it or need such a program download it from here! Please give me some feed back I would appreciate it very much.
Regards,
Preston Myers.
Where is the Application ?????:eek:

Raju

Hi prestonmyers2,

In MS u require one from the following in downloader...converter

1.*.txt
2.*.prn(ascii)
3.*.asc(ascii)

Actually source file could be in .xls also will update u on how later on as I learn as I am very new to MS.

Raju

Last edited:
Hello Raju,
CSV format is actually a simple text file with values seperated by commas and the file extension is 'csv' which means 'Comma Seperated Values' I can change the Extn from CSV to TXT if that helps its no problem, but I'm sure that MS can import csv files as csv files are so common.
ERgards,
Preston Myers.

Hello Friends,
I was thinking that it would be nice to know what formats are commonly used and to change the bhavcopy to those formats, for instance - FCharts, Metastock ect. If I had the formats used I could incorporate it into NSEDownloader.
Regards,
Preston Myers