NSEIndia Data Downloader

murthymsr

Hello Murthy,
Try this version and let me know if its ok.
Regards,
Preston

Hi guy's i'm correcting some errors found...
after that i'll upload the program
say in about 10 minutes

Hi Preston,

Good to see the next version so fast, thanks. Comments on ver 10:151dt 18-Nov-2008 follows.

1) Window size: General options OK. 'Historical Yield' is overlapping. 'Historical Indice' and 'Historical Yield' may be

renamed as 'Indice' and 'Yield' without any loss of clarity.

It is good to see the maximise button working. The window aspect ratio may be brought as close to 4:3 as possible. I am able

to resize the window. Option to save the window size and location to settings and restore during next start will be good.

2) It is possible to run multiple instances of the program. This may be disabled.

3) The options file contains many redundent entries. May need a clean-up.

4) Presently, saving to folder option needs a manual entry of filename. An explorer button may be added to avoid manual entry

and to automatically give the facility to create a new folder.

5) Presently the From and To dates show 17/11/08, irrespective of the system date. These dates may be taken from the system

date with YYYY format for year.

6) In Bhav copy options, 'Change Format' option is checked and greyed. It's purpose may be briefed in order to check it's

functionality.

7) 'Automatically add new symbols' option is already provided in Amibroker. Having again here may create problems and may be

removed.

8) Presently, the downloaded bhav copy contains stocks, a blank row and then the indice in that sequence. The blank row may

create problems in Amibroker and may be removed. The preferred order is Indices and immediately followed by the stocks. This

will help in quick view of proper download by opening the downloaded file without the need to vertically scrolling down many

windows till you get the indice data.

9) The first row may contain the column headings like <ticker>,<date>,<open>,<high>,<low>,<close> to bring it to the most popular format.

10) Now that files are downloaded to different user selected folders, each bhav copy may be renamed to the format YYYYMMDD

(The file of date 18-Nov-2008 may be renamed to 20081118 with user selected extention TXT or CSV.)

11) The earlier request to provide the option to rename the indice to user selected names through the options (INI) file may

please be looked into for reasons already explained.

12) FO Bhav copy download which was working earlier is not working now.

murthymsr

PS: You may look into these comments also before the next version release. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Preston,

Good to see the next version so fast, thanks. Comments on ver 10:151dt 18-Nov-2008 follows.

1) Window size: General options OK. 'Historical Yield' is overlapping. 'Historical Indice' and 'Historical Yield' may be

renamed as 'Indice' and 'Yield' without any loss of clarity.

It is good to see the maximise button working. The window aspect ratio may be brought as close to 4:3 as possible. I am able

to resize the window. Option to save the window size and location to settings and restore during next start will be good.

2) It is possible to run multiple instances of the program. This may be disabled.

3) The options file contains many redundent entries. May need a clean-up.

4) Presently, saving to folder option needs a manual entry of filename. An explorer button may be added to avoid manual entry

and to automatically give the facility to create a new folder.

5) Presently the From and To dates show 17/11/08, irrespective of the system date. These dates may be taken from the system

date with YYYY format for year.

6) In Bhav copy options, 'Change Format' option is checked and greyed. It's purpose may be briefed in order to check it's

functionality.

7) 'Automatically add new symbols' option is already provided in Amibroker. Having again here may create problems and may be

removed.

8) Presently, the downloaded bhav copy contains stocks, a blank row and then the indice in that sequence. The blank row may

create problems in Amibroker and may be removed. The preferred order is Indices and immediately followed by the stocks. This

will help in quick view of proper download by opening the downloaded file without the need to vertically scrolling down many

windows till you get the indice data.

9) The first row may contain the column headings like <ticker>,<date>,<open>,<high>,<low>,<close> to bring it to the most popular format.

10) Now that files are downloaded to different user selected folders, each bhav copy may be renamed to the format YYYYMMDD

(The file of date 18-Nov-2008 may be renamed to 20081118 with user selected extention TXT or CSV.)

11) The earlier request to provide the option to rename the indice to user selected names through the options (INI) file may

please be looked into for reasons already explained.

12) FO Bhav copy download which was working earlier is not working now.

murthymsr

PS: You may look into these comments also before the next version release. Thanks.

Hi Murthy

where is the latest utility?

Thanks

pra

Hello Friends,
Here's the latest version for you...let me know if you have any problems/bugs encountered.
Regards,
Preston.
Hi

Thanks for your latestdeveloped utility but problem is that your downloader main screen. Mainly font problem & required url address editable option , downloaded data in excel format also. Pl, modify again your utility again.

Thanks

Pra

Hello Friends,
Here's the latest version for you...let me know if you have any problems/bugs encountered. I dont have any problems with the display on my computer even with changing the resoultion ect.:confused:
Regards,
Preston.

Last edited:

murthymsr

Hello Friends,
Here's the latest version for you...let me know if you have any problems/bugs encountered. I dont have any problems with the display on my computer even with changing the resoultion ect.:confused:
Regards,
Preston.
Hi Preston,

I am not facing any problem with display / Font.

Thanks for the update with all requests incorporated where ever possible. I checked the Bhav Copy and the Indice modules by downloading. The running is fast, smooth and stable. The downloaded bhav copy was compared with a direct download and the data is completely matching.

However, following observations are made for looking into the possibility of incorporation, which if incorporated, will enhance the utility and ease of use.

1) A request was made earlier to provide the facility to rename the indice to user selectable names. I am not sure if this is incorporated. If not possible for technical reasons, you may indicate the same and forget the request.

2) Presently, we have to select each of the NINE indice and download them separately. An additional combobox entry named 'All Indice' with corresponding functionality to download each of the indice one-by-one into their respective files will make life easier for the user.

3) Presently historical download is limited to Indice. Facility to download stock historical data may also be provided. To achieve this, another combo entry named 'Stocks' may be added, on selecting which, a text box may be focused to enable entry of stock symbols similar to Live Quote symbol list.

4) Now there are three buttons - 'Download Selected', Download Indice History' and 'STOP'. All these three buttons may be integrated into a single button which toggles between the START (both the download button can be integrated) and the STOP modes. This will greatly simplify the user interface.

5) I am not able to download the FO Bhav Copy in the latest as well as the previous versions, whereas, it was OK earlier.

Thanks for all the revisions incorporating the features requested.

murthymsr

Hello Murthy,
Thanks for your response and suggestions.

1) A request was made earlier to provide the facility to rename the indice to user selectable names. I am not sure if this is incorporated. If not possible for technical reasons, you may indicate the same and forget the request.
I will try and incorporate the request for user defined naming of indice but i'll keep that for later. I go back to work in another week:mad:......

3) Presently historical download is limited to Indice. Facility to download stock historical data may also be provided. To achieve this, another combo entry named 'Stocks' may be added, on selecting which, a text box may be focused to enable entry of stock symbols similar to Live Quote symbol list.
You can download Historic data for any symbol you enter into the textbox and also by opening a csv file with your symbol list and selecting the dates from & To and click 'Ticker History' button. However I can add a new feature whereby a user can select an amibroker watchlist and down Historic data for just those stock!

5) I am not able to download the FO Bhav Copy in the latest as well as the previous versions, whereas, it was OK earlier.
The FO bhav downloads work for me...Just select the checkbox and the dates and click 'Download selected'
button.

4) Now there are three buttons - 'Download Selected', Download Indice History' and 'STOP'. All these three buttons may be integrated into a single button which toggles between the START (both the download button can be integrated) and the STOP modes. This will greatly simplify the user interface.
I don't want to change the download button to a single one for tech reasons....:eek:

2) Presently, we have to select each of the NINE indice and download them separately. An additional combobox entry named 'All Indice' with corresponding functionality to download each of the indice one-by-one into their respective files will make life easier for the user.
This modification is long overdue and will be done!!
PLease try and download FOBhav and let me know if you get any error or if it works for you as it does for me.
Thanks & Regards,
Preston

murthymsr

Hi Preston,

The FO bhav downloads work for me...Just select the checkbox and the dates and click 'Download selected'
button.
It is NOT working for me.
Attaching the screen image and also copy of MY setting file. You may try with this file, wherein, I have changed the destination files and a few more options.

Thanks for your latest version, but I will be able to run it later.

murthymsr

Last edited:

murthymsr

Hello Murthy,
Glad to upload the latest version with the batch Indice download faature incorporated!!
Regards,
Preston.
Hi Preston,

When I installed this version, I got an error as attached.

:confused: :(

Good Bye

Murthymsr

Last edited: